Probability of BCV or BWV February 2025 and SSR 1 bedroom Question

BessaB

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are new-ish DVC members (bought July 2023, just took our first trip as members February 2024) and I am going to be booking our February 2025 trip later this week. We have direct points at VGF and resale Saratoga for SAP. We are trying to do split stays when we take longer trips so we can kind of sample all of the DVC resorts and learn our favorites as we will be needing more points once our youngest turns 3 next year and we lose the "plus a child under 3" wiggle room that lets us stay in 5th sleeper studios right now. I have a couple questions for you lovely experts:

1) We would like to book part of the trip at Saratoga with the intention of switching at 7 months. I read that the 1 bedroom sleeps 4 but a 5th is allowed with no additional bedding/towels provided. Does this mean our family of 6 (with one being under age 3) could stay here?
2) I would love to try to switch to Boardwalk at the 7 month mark. It would be for 3 or 4 nights in February but during President's Day week which is a busy time. How likely/unlikely do you think it will be for us to get Boardwalk at 7 months? I'm wondering if the Stormalong Bay closure will make it even harder as some who might otherwise stay at BCV will be trying for Boardwalk instead due to the pool closure. Do you think this might make BCV easier than normal to get?

Thank you in advance for your insight!

So, the 1br at SSR sleeps 5 plus an infant. However the 1br at BWV only sleeps 4 plus infant so that will be a problem for 6 people.

Your chances of switching at the 7 month mark are relatively good if you go for a pool/ garden view though.

Thank you. My plan is to try to switch to a BWV studio. I should have specified that. I am only looking to book a 1 bedroom at SSR as a placeholder because if we can't swap, we would need a 1 bd there since we have too many for a SSR studio.
So, the 1br at SSR sleeps 5 plus an infant. However the 1br at BWV only sleeps 4 plus infant so that will be a problem for 6 people.

Your chances of switching at the 7 month mark are relatively good if you go for a pool/ garden view though.

Pool/garden view isn't too hard to get 7 months out. I don't think the stormalong bay closure will make that much of a difference, pool usage in Feb is pretty hit or miss anyway. If you book at 7 months you should have a decent chance of getting what you want even with president's weekend.

I think SAB closure will have a slight influence on people reserving at BC/YC/BCV, but I really don't see those folks rushing to BWV - that pool really isn't as big of a draw as SAB. So I think your chances at 7 months are reasonable for you to get either BCV or BWV in Feb - if you can get a room where you all can stay and sleep.

Thank you. We stayed at BCV this February but it was our Welcome Home stay that DVC booked on our behalf so I haven't had a chance to try to book Crescent Lake area at 7 months myself yet.
I think SAB closure will have a slight influence on people reserving at BC/YC/BCV, but I really don't see those folks rushing to BWV - that pool really isn't as big of a draw as SAB. So I think your chances at 7 months are reasonable for you to get either BCV or BWV in Feb - if you can get a room where you all can stay and sleep.

OP will be seeking time during Presidents' Day week. That is the harder time to get at 7-months out in Feb. Moreover, the Thursday to Sunday after Presidents's Day, Feb 20-23, 2025, is Princess Half Marathon weekend time, the highest DVC demand time that exists at WDW between mid-Jan and late Sep.

BCV studios are unlikely to be open at 7-months out for any of that time except possibly for a stray day or two. The same for BWV boardwalk and standard view studios; Moreover, the OP is likely to find that at least 50% of the days during that time will already be booked before 7-months out for a BWV pool/garden view studio.

As to SSR 1BRs, be aware they used to allow only 4 plus a child under three. The rooms were redone a few years ago and in most 1BRs an extra bed was added -- a pull-out Murphy from a cabinet beneath the TV -- and thus you can now book for 5 plus a child under 3.

Last edited:
OP will be seeking time during Presidents' Day week. That is the harder time to get at 7-months out in Feb. Moreover, the Thursday to Sunday after Presidents's Day, Feb 20-23, 2025, is Princess Half Marathon weekend time, the highest DVC demand time that exists at WDW between mid-Jan and late Sep.

BCV studios are unlikely to be open at 7-months out for any of that time except possibly for a stray day or two. The same for BWV boardwalk and standard view studios; Moreover, the OP is likely to find that at least 50% of the days during that time will already be booked before 7-months out for a BWV pool/garden view studio.

As to SSR 1BRs, be aware they used to allow only 4 plus a child under three. The rooms were redone a few years ago and in most 1BRs an extra bed was added -- a pull-out Murphy from a cabinet beneath the TV -- and thus you can now book for 5 plus a child under 3.
Thank you for this response. The Presidents' Day and marathon factors were definitely part of my concern. I have just booked a SSR 1 bedroom for Feb 15-18 and will try to switch at 7 months for a BWV pool/garden but I will keep my expectations low and maybe try for a Boulder Ridge 5th sleeper if I can't get BWV.

I'm going to agree with the more recent posts. Presidents week is very popular, and it's also the Princess 1/2 marathon week as well. I think you'll find it difficult to get 3-4 nights at Boardwalk even in a 1-bedroom. (Which are a lot easier than the studios.) Not sure why but Boardwalks been getting harder and harder at 7 months...as others have said, you may actually have better luck at Beach Club if you don't mind SAB being closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter