(Probably) Lost in the Woods

bovie

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! Pretty sure I had one of these threads a while back, but I have a new kinda crazy race goal that I thought warranted a new thread.

The goal: Land Between the Lakes 60K in March
The plan: Do whatever DopeyBadger says

I have run one road marathon, Disney in 2019. I tried to run a 50k last year and it got delayed twice for COVID and delayed once again when the course flooded. When I finally happened, I got a terrible stomach bug a couple days before and spent most of the weekend in bed. I then registered for a backup race to keep from wasting that fitness. I fell down a flight of stairs, broke my shoulder, and couldn't run. I know this sounds made up... it is not.

My first race of the plan was yesterday- 3.5 miles at WU pace. Went fine.

I'm also doing the 12 Days of Yeti challenge right now- twelve running related tasks leading into Christmas. Yesterday's was walk one mile as slowly as you can. Today's is a 30 minute out and back from your door. I'll have to add to that to get all the miles I have scheduled today.

Anyways! That's a lot of rambling. Thanks to anyone who read this.

Hey everyone! Pretty sure I had one of these threads a while back, but I have a new kinda crazy race goal that I thought warranted a new thread.

The goal: Land Between the Lakes 60K in March
The plan: Do whatever DopeyBadger says

I have run one road marathon, Disney in 2019. I tried to run a 50k last year and it got delayed twice for COVID and delayed once again when the course flooded. When I finally happened, I got a terrible stomach bug a couple days before and spent most of the weekend in bed. I then registered for a backup race to keep from wasting that fitness. I fell down a flight of stairs, broke my shoulder, and couldn't run. I know this sounds made up... it is not.

My first race of the plan was yesterday- 3.5 miles at WU pace. Went fine.

I'm also doing the 12 Days of Yeti challenge right now- twelve running related tasks leading into Christmas. Yesterday's was walk one mile as slowly as you can. Today's is a 30 minute out and back from your door. I'll have to add to that to get all the miles I have scheduled today.

Anyways! That's a lot of rambling. Thanks to anyone who read this.
60K?!? Good luck! That is some serious long distance there.

I feel like this should be on a t shirt...or else be the tag line for some kind of comedy movie!
Same.
60K?!? Good luck! That is some serious long distance there.
I feel the same way haha.

Shifted things around a little bit to align better with the 12 Days of Yeti. Yesterday's was an out and back from your door in 30 minutes. Today's was running your normal route in the opposite direction. I walked this- I have a full free day tomorrow, so will do today's then. It will add up to the same number of easy, weekday miles.

Last edited:
Same.

I feel the same way haha.

Shifted things around a little bit to align better with the 12 Days of Yeti. Yesterday's was an out and back from your door in 30 minutes. Today's was running your normal route in the opposite direction. I walked this- I have a full free day tomorrow, so will do today's then.
That's really great. Please keep up informed on your progress. We're pulling for you....from way back on the sidelines..

Nothing super exciting. I hit all five of my workouts last week. I think I cut one a little bit short, but not by much. Consistency has always been hard for me, especially on weekday runs, so I'm proud of myself.

I've tried to set myself up for success. I identified an area I can run in after dark, the neighborhood where my brother lives. It's a former golf course, and the cart paths are pretty perfect for running. There are a lot of deer around, and I saw two li'l deer families on one run, both coming and going. In one direction, it was light so they scattered quickly, but on the way back, it had gotten dark and they just stared at me... literally deer in my headlight. I had to talk and clap to get past them. Keep in mind, all on a golf cart path, so almost in someone's backyard. So weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter