produce delivery

Costco. They sell far higher quality than my local grocery store. But Instacart is terrible.

Costco. They sell far higher quality than my local grocery store. But Instacart is terrible.
When this first started, I had produce in an instacart Costco delivery. The guy bought a bag of persian cucumbers that was slimy--so rotten, no one should eat it, and it shouldn't have been on the shelf. We did another instacart delivery later, but no produce.

Not delivery, but contactless: In my town, a restaurant supply place that had no storefront/shopping area (all delivery to restaurants) is advertising what they have on their website and taking phone call orders. They have a drive up area, and place the produce in your trunk. They've been extremely generous on their weights and the produce has been wonderful. I found out about them on my city's reddit forum.

We tried Imperfect Foods and have had mixed results. The produce has been okay, but expensive. Most hasn't been imperfect, but fruit has been less than ripe (and some never ripened). We've mostly liked it for oddball foods we normally wouldn't have even thought of buying. We have had food missing from boxes, but also, foods we didn't order in them (for free). Eggs in one box were tossed in upside down, so lots broke. We're still doing it about once a month (you can skip weeks) just to keep that avenue open. To be fair, they are improving.

We use our local CSA, which sources produce from local farms. You can google "CSA" and put in your region or state. We had a couple available to us when we lived in NH, and have a nice one here in NC. The NC one is much nicer, with a much wider variety of produce available, than we could get in NH--probably due to being a larger state, many farms, longer growing season. In NH, it was, "This is your box". In NC, it's "you can choose from these 5 boxes, and swaps are allowed." In addition, they have extra items you can purchase--meat, seafood, gourmet food items, dairy, lots of gluten free choices. I even get dog treats from them. When the pandemic started, they sent out an email saying they had produced sourced for the next 6 months. They deliver once a week.

If you intent is to avoid going to a grocery store, many of them offer online ordering and curbside pickup. Wasn't clear from the OP if that might be an alternative. Some are waving any added fees and you would avoid the delivery charge associated with home delivery from those other services.

If you intent is to avoid going to a grocery store, many of them offer online ordering and curbside pickup. Wasn't clear from the OP if that might be an alternative. Some are waving any added fees and you would avoid the delivery charge associated with home delivery from those other services.
That how I used to get my groceries, now it is absolutely impossible to get a time slo, even waiting until midnight when they add another day, and I have dozens of grocery stores with this option within 5 miles.

Thank you for the answers. I just wanted to have some fresh produce delivered. I live in rural Oklahoma . not many places deliver

I got two shipments of Misfits then put it on hold. It's supposed to be fresh just weird looking, but it was all small, wilted and none of the veggies were the high end sort - I made soups and roasted with what I got - ate nothing raw. I'll give it another chance over the summer in case the demand just stressed them to where they were just scraping by but if's wilted again I'm out.

We've been using Misfits Market for a couple of months now and have been very pleased with the quality and the variety. It always arrives the morning after they ship it. Maybe the quality depends on how long it takes to get to you? My boxes come from New Jersey and we live in the Pittsburgh area.

here we have a local grower who delivers boxes of fruit he grows. Very reasonable. Check and see if there is a local FB page for the city you are in and ask if anyone know of someone offering the service in your area

We've been using Misfits Market for a couple of months now and have been very pleased with the quality and the variety. It always arrives the morning after they ship it. Maybe the quality depends on how long it takes to get to you? My boxes come from New Jersey and we live in the Pittsburgh area.
Thats the weird thing, I'm in PA and I think they are in PA so I would think it would be fresher here. Anyway thats why I'm thinking I'll take a break and try it again, so many positive reviews for it so maybe my experience just coincided with an unexpected uptick in demand. I love the idea so I'll give it a few beats and circle back

We tried Imperfect Produce, but currently we are doing instacart from Sam’s Club. They gave the best/cheapest produce and I like to be able to pick exactly what we want.

I'm too picky about my produce and meat purchases to ever have someone else do it for me.

Well since most of the veggie deliveries have a wait list.. i just put an order in with Farmbox direct.. will update with my experience once I receive it ..this week. Keeping fingers crossed

When this first started, I had produce in an instacart Costco delivery. The guy bought a bag of persian cucumbers that was slimy--so rotten, no one should eat it, and it shouldn't have been on the shelf. We did another instacart delivery later, but no produce.

Not delivery, but contactless: In my town, a restaurant supply place that had no storefront/shopping area (all delivery to restaurants) is advertising what they have on their website and taking phone call orders. They have a drive up area, and place the produce in your trunk. They've been extremely generous on their weights and the produce has been wonderful. I found out about them on my city's reddit forum.

We tried Imperfect Foods and have had mixed results. The produce has been okay, but expensive. Most hasn't been imperfect, but fruit has been less than ripe (and some never ripened). We've mostly liked it for oddball foods we normally wouldn't have even thought of buying. We have had food missing from boxes, but also, foods we didn't order in them (for free). Eggs in one box were tossed in upside down, so lots broke. We're still doing it about once a month (you can skip weeks) just to keep that avenue open. To be fair, they are improving.
We signed up for Imperfect Foods in mid-April and have yet to make it onto the list because they've been overwhelmed with sign ups...hoping to get our first order in the next month or so.

Thats the weird thing, I'm in PA and I think they are in PA so I would think it would be fresher here. Anyway thats why I'm thinking I'll take a break and try it again, so many positive reviews for it so maybe my experience just coincided with an unexpected uptick in demand. I love the idea so I'll give it a few beats and circle back
I live in PA too and I have a friend who lives near me who absolutely raves about her misfits deliveries. Maybe they just couldn't keep up with the demand? I'd give them a chance in the summer when we are more likely to get locally grown stuff, it will probably make it to your door in better condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter