Proof of Time Question

lauraleh

Mouseketeer
Hi!
I'm going to be doing my first runDisney event this year (Wine and Dine) and have a question about proof of time. I have a proof of time from Sept 2017. I've had a baby since then so I haven't had time to run another race. Would that work for the Wine and Dine half or is it going to be expired? I don't mind running another 10K or half but if I don't have to, it would be nice to save that money!

Hi!
I'm going to be doing my first runDisney event this year (Wine and Dine) and have a question about proof of time. I have a proof of time from Sept 2017. I've had a baby since then so I haven't had time to run another race. Would that work for the Wine and Dine half or is it going to be expired? I don't mind running another 10K or half but if I don't have to, it would be nice to save that money!

I believe you should be good to go:

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 3.12.31 PM.png

A September 2017 POT would have occurred within a 2 year timeframe from a November 2019 race. Here's some other POT information if you're interested (link).

It has to be a race dated November 1, 2017 or after. This is from the event tab for Wine & Dine Weekend. View attachment 386449

https://www.rundisney.com/events/di...e-half-marathon-weekend/events/half-marathon/

It also needs to be submitted by July 30, 2019.

That's interesting. I pulled it from Wine and Dine as well, but without the date. Thanks for the correction! I guess you are correct that 9/2017 wouldn't be within 2 years of 11/2019. I was thinking of today within 2 years. Sorry @lauraleh

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 8.36.19 PM.png

I believe you should be good to go:

View attachment 386410

A September 2017 POT would have occurred within a 2 year timeframe from a November 2019 race. Here's some other POT information if you're interested (link).
Has anyone ever heard of getting some wiggle room on the 2 year cutoff? I ran the 3M Half in Austin last year and that race is exactly 7 days too early for the 2 year mark for Princess 2020.

I will probably run a 10k anyway as a part of training but- it’d be nice to know I had POT backup - and from a full half. Even if that time is 2 minutes slower than my last Princess time- stupid hills.

Has anyone ever heard of getting some wiggle room on the 2 year cutoff? I ran the 3M Half in Austin last year and that race is exactly 7 days too early for the 2 year mark for Princess 2020.

I will probably run a 10k anyway as a part of training but- it’d be nice to know I had POT backup - and from a full half. Even if that time is 2 minutes slower than my last Princess time- stupid hills.
I asked a few years ago in similar circumstances and it was not allowed. I would not hurt to ask, but expect to be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!