Proposal

mermaid37129

Earning My Ears
Does Disney take all proposals seriously? Just curious, if someone proposes with a candy ring would they react the same as with a real ring? This guy’s idea is to propose at Disney and pick an actual ring after the couple returns home. Of course they want pictures and attention because this will be an actual engagement. Any info is appreciated!

I'm sure some who have actually proposed at WDW will chime in, but I would suggest, if they would like photos taken, perhaps hiring Disney Fine Art Photography or, simply alerting a PhotoPass photographer in their proposal location of choice, and they will take pictures. If they go the PhotoPass route, they should definitely consider purchasing Memory Maker so they can download all the photos. They could also pick up "I'm Celebrating" or "Happily Ever After" buttons to wear around the resort to alert CMs that they are celebrating something. There is really no knowing what the reactions will be as CMs react differently to all types of celebrations that occur in the parks each day. Pixie dust is unpredictable. If they are planning a special meal that day, they could also note the engagement on the reservation, order a special cake for the meal and/or order something from Disney Floral and Gifts to be delivered to the room. I, honestly, don't think CMs at WDW care if a ring is real or not.

I can't imagine it wouldn't matter to Disney at all. My DH proposed to me at the bridge into AK during park opening because it's my favorite park and I love the Tree of Life. He knew I'd want photos so he did it when we were going to have a Photopass photographer take our photo. We have some great pictures - she really got into it. It was perfect.

I'd venture to guess that more than 1 proposal at Disney happened without any forethought of any sort, just a spur of the moment thing so no ring was even involved at all. That is just as valid as one done with a 5-carat solitaire, LOL
So no, they wouldn't care or judge you or how you choose to propose. Heck, last I checked, a ring wasn't even required to be engaged. Or married for that matter. Lots of folks are both with no jewelry involved at all. Their too, is just as valid and deserving of whatever attention the couple desires.

I'm sure some who have actually proposed at WDW will chime in, but I would suggest, if they would like photos taken, perhaps hiring Disney Fine Art Photography or, simply alerting a PhotoPass photographer in their proposal location of choice, and they will take pictures. If they go the PhotoPass route, they should definitely consider purchasing Memory Maker so they can download all the photos. They could also pick up "I'm Celebrating" or "Happily Ever After" buttons to wear around the resort to alert CMs that they are celebrating something. There is really no knowing what the reactions will be as CMs react differently to all types of celebrations that occur in the parks each day. Pixie dust is unpredictable. If they are planning a special meal that day, they could also note the engagement on the reservation, order a special cake for the meal and/or order something from Disney Floral and Gifts to be delivered to the room. I, honestly, don't think CMs at WDW care if a ring is real or not.
This brings up an idea, just to toss out there. Seeing how there will be no ring if the guy wants, he could secretly stop and get one of these buttons and put something on it regarding, will you marry me? and then give that to the partner during "the act of proposing" Having one for himself too, of course. Then they would pin each other during the photos. Anyway, just an idea that struck me and could make for a neat photo too.

If you want attention and big deal made of it Disney can do that but you will need to pay for it.... You may get a CM that will make a little bit of a deal of it you may not... If you wear a Button that says just engaged or like you may or may not get some free cupcakes at some of the TS but I have also seen things happen at a CS but rare..... I am sure Disney can work within a reasonable budget to hundreds of thousands if you prefer... We got engaged in Disney years ago and no one made a big deal but I also did not expect nor want that....

Just get a fake ring? I mean it would be a funny story to have the ring pop but a fake ring could get you by and still look real for the pictures and what not? $50-$100 probably can get you a good looking one.

Your choice but I personally had taken a long time asking my now wife and her friends small little questions that let me pick out the right ring. If you are going to ask her dad for her hand possibly then ask her mom if they have talked about it or have her do recon for you?

Again you know best but I would not be worried at all about Disney taking it seriously. If you are setting up something formal with Disney you could even explain what you are doing.

Oh and get buttons prepared that you have in your pocket and after you pop the question you can put on about just getting engaged.

I just recently got engaged at Walt Disney World so I can offer MY expierence. Disney cast members were absolutely amazing and supportive of my engagement. I told them along with photopass representatives and they took some great pictures. It was a great magical memory for me and I hope for everyone else too.

Perhaps maybe finding a ring at Disney! Me and my current fiancé saw some nice jewelry around the different parks, maybe something will stand out and things will feel right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!