PS for Rainforest in DTD ?

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Hi , I tried to use the search to find the answer to this and did turn up anything in 2 1/2 pages so I decided to just ask.

Do you make ressies for the DTD Rainforest Cafe'..? I would love to surprise my Mom, Sister & her Girlfriend and my kids with a Dinner there on our first night in Disney .

Thanks Michelle

This is what I have currently for the RFC at DTD:

Call 407-939-2648 directly. I have you can only call one day ahead but that could be wrong. That's what's on the WDW web site currently.

Let me know if you find out otherwise.

WDW-Dine is unable to make PS for Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney, but can make them for its sister restaurant in AK. If you would like to make PS for Rainforest Cafe in DTD, you will have to call the restaurant directly at 407-939-2648.

Hope that helps!:)

Is the one at the AK different then the one in DTD - does it have all the fun animals and such there ? Thanks Michelle

For the most part, all RFC locations (Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise FL, Mall of America, DTD, DAK, etc) are nearly identical on the inside. They all have a bar shaped like a giant mushroom, they all are filled with foliage and sporadically animated jungle beasts, and most have live birds near their merchandise shop.

I have a general question regarding DTD restaurants - other than Rainforest, do any of them take reservations/priority seating? I am most intersted in Cap'N Jack's. Disney Dining said that none of the DTD restaurants take reservations but that's obviously wrong since you can call Rainforest directly.

Thanks!

PJ

Cap'n Jacks is still walk-up only, however three DTD restaurants have recently been added to the roster of locations available to book through WDW-DINE:
Portabello Yacht Club
Fulton's Crab House
House of Blues

And, according to the WDW website, Planet Hollywood can also be done via WDW Dining. Is that correct, Steve?

For a complete list (I Hope!) of all locations which take Priority Seatings, go here: PS Report List

Yes, Planet Hollywood can be booked in advance (no same-day PS) through WDW Dining, but that's been possible for a while. The two marketplace locations and HOB were only recently added.

Back to RFC, does it make sense to still get the Safari Club card to avoid long waits if you can make a PS? Thinking of this location in particular.

Just wondering??

Safari Club makes it easier to ensure you get in, plus it pays for itself. You get a free appetizer or 10% off your entire bill on every visit, 10% off in the gift shop, plus gift certificates on your birthday and anniversaries. Well worth the $10 we paid!

Wow - How do you get the card ? should you have it before you get there ? Thanks Michelle

You can apply while you are there. You will also receive a $10 gift certificate in the mail after you sign up so it instantly pays for itself. Also, it is NOT $10 annually, it's $10 for a lifetime membership (or as long as they offer the program).

Here's all the info (I see they increased membership to $15):

http://www.rainforestcafe.com/SafariContactUs.asp

Glad to help! And it's good at all locations so we have used our membership all over the US.

PJ

Definitely get the Safari Club. We made a PS by calling RFC directly. When we arrived they were quoting waits over an hour, and 20 minutes for people with PS. I told them of my PS and showed my card. He said, "Your table is ready." I also got to use my $10 certificate and a free appetizer worth around $8. I used my $5 birthday certificate in the store. A great deal! I suggest that you sign up by mail about 3 months prior to your trip. If you sign up too early, your $10 certificate will expire before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter