PS's for a five year old boy?

lkg61

Earning My Ears
We are taking our 5-year old DS to WDW for the first time in June. What places would most impress him? We have been to WDW many times, but I'm just not sure what a five year old would find "neat". Thanks for your help.

My boys loved HoopdeDoo at that age. They also loved San Angel Inn...fun watching the pyramid and boats passing by. Actually they enjoyed everywhere we tried I think!

Any character meals! Try to get an 8am PS for Crystal Palace at the MK. You will be done with breakfast before the park opens. The same strategy works at AK (Donald's breakfastsaurus). Or try a character lunch or dinner. Our son loved LTT at MK or the Garden Grill at Epcot. How about Sci-Fi at MGM?

Our grandson's favorite places (he's 9 now, but has gone 1 to 2 times a year since he was 2) are: the 50s Prime Time, Chef Mickeys, & Hollywood & Vine.

Don't need a ps, but Flame Tree BBQ has nice tables by the water and you can sometimes spot alligators swimming right next to the seating area.

Tusker House sometimes has musicians playing right there - lots of drumming (don't go if you've got even a twinge of a headache, but otherwise lots of fun).

Buffets. Kids that age love to go help themselves to their own food. It doesn't have to be a character buffet, but I agree that a character buffet can be fun.

He would probably find the chef's antics at Teppanyaki fun to watch.

My DS is 5 also, here are his favorites: Sci-Fi Dine Inn at MGM, Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, Cape May character breakfast at BC, Pizza Planet at MGM and Crystal Palace at MK.

My son really enjoys Teppanyaki. They fix the kids' chopsticks with rubberbands so they can use them to eat their food. My son always gets the steak. Plus he gets a fruit salad (which he doesn't eat, so I do). Also rice and then they get ice cream for dessert.

He enjoys watching the chef prepare the meal. If you get a real good chef, they are very entertaining - the sliced onion volcano, plus the knife tricks. And they always try to give the kids a shrimp tail as their appetizer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter