PTR 10/31/2020-11/7/2020

mkmomto2

Mouseketeer
Pre-trip Report 10/31-11/7

Oh my goodness, this trip has already changed so much! But first, let me introduce myself:

My name is Stacy and I am a special education teacher from Delaware.

I liked Disney from when I was young, but did not get “bitten by the Disney bug” until 1997 when I traveled to Disney World with my sister, her family and my daughter, who was 3 ½ at the time. We stayed in a cabin at the Fort Wilderness Campground. I was 6 months pregnant and this was before cell phones were a common item. I remember one morning at Magic Kingdom, my sister and brother in law took their two oldest on some of the bigger rides and I kept their youngest (newly 3yo) and my daughter and ran all over Fantasyland- it was THE BEST TIME! That is until the rest of my family angrily found us on the Carousel and informed me that I had missed our meetup by a half an hour! LOL whoops!

So, this trip has morphed as a lot of yours have quite a bit. It was always scheduled for this time period at POP (I cut it down by one day, but mostly the dates haven’t changed). However, the people have! Originally, I was scheduled to go with my daughter, grandson and daughter’s boyfriend. When COVID happened, we decided that it was not the best time to take my grandson (4yo) as we weren’t sure if he would have trouble wearing the mask the whole day (he has been wearing it in school, but the decision was made prior to that). We pushed our trip to spring break and booked a package so that we could make park reservations, hoping that some of the restrictions will be lifted by then.

I still wanted to go experience Disney World during this time though and my sister-in-law who has some mild delays (she holds down a job, drives, etc. but can’t live on her own) had expressed an interest in going, so when we finalized her retirement in July, we decided that she and I would go for a girl’s trip!

So, our next item of business was to buy tickets. When I originally booked the room with a magical discount, I was planning on buying tickets through UT to save a few dollars. Then COVID happened and tickets weren’t being sold- whomp, whomp. So, I had to wait until ticket sales opened up and when they did, I bought 5-day tickets for my sister-in-law, Cindy, and I.

Ok, so we are booked at POP Century for 10/31-11/7 with 5-day tickets. I then booked our flights. We booked on Southwest for an afternoon flight both ways from Philadelphia to MCO. Then I found a better deal from BWI to MCO, so I changed (we live equidistant between BWI and Philly). Then I decided I wanted to get there a little earlier, so I changed (I love the ability to change with Southwest). Then Southwest changed our flight down to a connecting flight, so I changed it to a different direct flight. Then Southwest changed our return flight to an earlier flight, so I changed it to a little later. Then Southwest changed one of our flights again, so I changed once again… At work, in a school that has gone back in person partially and online partially, our word of the year is PIVOT. I have learned to pivot quite well…

So, as of today (10/11/2020 at 9:30 a.m.) our flights are:
10/31/2020- 10:30am- 12:15pm
11/7/2020- 2:00pm-4:10pm

Then, I worked on securing park reservations and ADRs. The ADRs have changed more times than I can count. I went on at exactly 60 days at 6am and made a bunch of reservations at the places I normally will go to. Then, I realized… I haven’t eaten inside at a restaurant since before COVID. :confused3Hmm… so I started changing things up. Here’s what I have as of this morning:

10/31/2020- Disney Springs- Raglan Road 6:45 (I just learned they have outdoor seating!)
11/1/2020- Magic Kingdom- The Plaza-11:10 (I know they don’t, but I really feel like they could, have outdoor seating- this very well may be canceled).
Tony’s- 5:55 (this was supposed to be at park closing, but now closing is at 8… not sure if this one will stay).
11/2/2020- EPCOT- Via Napoli – 6:20pm- (just changed park closing from 7 to 8, so not sure about this one either- this was a place holder in case the food and wine booths were packed)
11/3/2020-Animal Kingdom- Yak n Yeti- 11:00 (I know this is not outdoors, but I was afraid not to have something booked- I have a Landry’s card, so might let this one go- would like to eat at Nomad Lounge later in the day but worried about getting a table)
11/4/2020- Resort/DS day- 10:30- Trattoria al Forno (they apparently have a few tables outside- hoping to secure one)
Homecoming- 6:50pm
11/5/2020- Hollywood Studios- Sci-fi Dine In-12:10
(probably will drop this one and eat at Brown Derby Lounge)
Prime Time 6:50pm – (not sure I will keep this one, but it is close to park closing- may just snack at Baseline Tap House instead)

11/6/2020- Magic Kingdom- The Plaza 11:10 (will probably drop this and hop to Geyser Point for lunch.
Be Our Guest- 6:35pm (I know it’s inside, but I will probably keep this one and hopefully get it closer to the new closing time if they update reservations)

I also ordered water, beer and breakfast items from Garden Grocer and booked off-site parking with a shuttle to the airport.

If annual pass sales are allowed, I will exchange my ticket for an annual pass while I am there, probably the first night in Disney Springs.

Reactions: DLo
Following along. Looking forward to reading more. I , too , have changed plans multiple times. Changed park reservations, ADRs and hotel. I think I am done changing things around for now just happy to be going

Following along. Looking forward to reading more. I , too , have changed plans multiple times. Changed park reservations, ADRs and hotel. I think I am done changing things around for now just happy to be going

I haven't changed park reservations, although I thought about it when I heard Frozen was going to be closed the day that we are going to be there. I decided against it though because the only day we could go would be on a weekend and EPCOT was sold out that day to annual passholders, which scared me about crowds.

Sooooo.... more changes have come about. I've been reading A LOT about the crowds and park touring strategies.

So far, arrival day is staying put with the idea that we can eat outside at Raglan Road.

Also our first day at Magic Kingdom is relatively stable- I think for this day we will try to get there for opening with the longer waits that I have been reading about. I'm planning on taking the bus from Pop, but am not adverse to taking a Lyft either to the Contemporary to be dropped off.

For our Epcot day, I pushed Via Napoli up just a bit- 6:35- hoping for a little later, but that's all I have been able to so far.

Animal Kingdom day- I am keeping Yak n Yeti so far for 11 and will try to get into Nomad lounge around 4:45. If I can't, I may jump to Coronado Springs and try out Three Bridges for something new or Sanaa if an ADR opens up.

On our Resort day, I dropped Trattoria al Forno and picked up a lunch at Beaches and Cream. Still planning on Homecomin that evening.

For Hollywood Studios day, I booked Trattoria at 7:30 and will walk over when we are done. I'm keeping 50's for 6:50 for now.

For our last day, I dropped The Plaza and have decided to hop to Geyser Point. I still have BOG for 6:35- hoping to push it later, but no dice so far.

Let's see how long this one lasts for lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter