PTR: No fun name, but we're going in March!

cptmemo

Mouseketeer
Starting to get excited about our trip in March so I thought I'd start a trip report.

Cast: Me (Mary), DH, DS18, DD16, DD8, our good friends HC and CC.

Staying: We have 2 units booked at the Worldmark Anaheim. 2 bedroom for us, studio for the C's.

Flying in Thursday evening into Burbank and renting a car. Once we make it to Anaheim some of us will back track up to get DH18 from school. The girls haven't got to see his school at all, so I'm guessing all of us minus the C's will go.

Tentatively planning on starting all 3 days at DL so we have the best shot of getting BG for ROTR. All of us are big Star Wars fans, so it's a priority. Myself, DH, DS, and the C's went to DL in August (not together tho) so we've all been on Smugglers run, but for the girls it'll be a totally new experience. Getting parkhoppers for the most flexibility.

So far I booked lunch at Blue Bayou on Friday 3/27, and Oga's Cantina on Saturday late afternoon.

Monday March 30th we will be leaving to drive to Phoenix, then head up to the Grand Canyon. Our friends will be heading home on the 30th.

That's as far as I've gotten things planned out so far. Spending my time reading trip reports as well as strategy to get on ROTR at least once!

Thanks for following along :)

Starting to get excited about our trip in March so I thought I'd start a trip report.

Cast: Me (Mary), DH, DS18, DD16, DD8, our good friends HC and CC.

Staying: We have 2 units booked at the Worldmark Anaheim. 2 bedroom for us, studio for the C's.

Flying in Thursday evening into Burbank and renting a car. Once we make it to Anaheim some of us will back track up to get DH18 from school. The girls haven't got to see his school at all, so I'm guessing all of us minus the C's will go.

Tentatively planning on starting all 3 days at DL so we have the best shot of getting BG for ROTR. All of us are big Star Wars fans, so it's a priority. Myself, DH, DS, and the C's went to DL in August (not together tho) so we've all been on Smugglers run, but for the girls it'll be a totally new experience. Getting parkhoppers for the most flexibility.

So far I booked lunch at Blue Bayou on Friday 3/27, and Oga's Cantina on Saturday late afternoon.

Monday March 30th we will be leaving to drive to Phoenix, then head up to the Grand Canyon. Our friends will be heading home on the 30th.

That's as far as I've gotten things planned out so far. Spending my time reading trip reports as well as strategy to get on ROTR at least once!

Thanks for following along :)
View attachment 471071
Such cute little girls! Can’t wait to read more of your plans!

Exciting! I hope you have the best time! We'll be there a few weeks before that!

Thank you for the comments! Life has kept us busy the last week, my nephews are in town visiting (they get President's Day week off), so we've had lots of fun. Last year my dad took DD8 and another nephew who's 8 to WDW for the week with my sister and nephews (that are currently here). It's been fun seeing the pictures popup on Timehop--hopefully next year or the year after we'll make a trip to WDW with them :)

I need to buy our tickets for the park...I see Disney raised the prices so I gotta get on this via a travel agent who still has the cheaper prices plus the kids special ticket price.

I'm debating making shirts, just not sure who will play along and wear them. I'm not very creative when it comes to making shirts, but my sister has a silhouette and will cut anything I ask her to....so I gotta do something! Probably a baby yoda shirt for the 8yr old and HC...both love the child so much. LOL

The food and wine festival will be going on while we're there and I kind of want to get one of the taster passes to try lots of things. I need to read the super thread about it so I can get up speed on what events will be occurring.

Only 5 weeks and 1 day til we leave!

Some good threads for you from the Disneyland (California) board (the trip planning board):
March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17) -- join the thread to get news and updates on what will be happening (good and bad) during your trip dates! And find out who else will be on their trips while you are there!
Price increase -- It's Here! (2/11/20) -- this thread has good information on which authorized vendors still have tickets (with and without MP) at the old prices. Check the last few pages and hurry! Some vendors have already raised prices and others will after tomorrow.
LMTC Disneyland tickets no longer available?/UPDATE: Now Available by Phone! -- this thread has very good information about discount tickets from authorized vendors -- check the last few pages for the most recent info -- LMTC is a favorite vendor on this board!
DCA Food & Wine 2020 Festival Superthread - Read First Post for Updates -- keep up with any news and events here!
Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3* -- read the first 3 posts, then cruise through this very informative superthread -- ask all BG questions here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!