PTR Round 2 - Mother/Daughter Trip to HK!

zanzibar138

DIS Veteran
So excited! :cool1: I will be returning to HK for round 2 with my lovely mum in Feb 2013 :cloud9:

It all came about when DH and I were in HK as part of our honeymoon... While we there I was thinking about how much Mum would love it and that it would be a great destination for a mother/daughter trip. As luck would have it, a couple of weeks ago, there were great specials to HK from Perth (which is where Mum lives), so after a few days of umming and aahing, we were booked!

Here's what we've got locked in so far...

* Leaving Perth at 10:10am on Friday 22nd Feb 2013, arriving in HK at 5:55pm
* Flight back to Perth leaving HK at 10:35pm on Thu 28th Feb 2013, arriving at 6:30am the following morning
* 6 nights altogether
* We will spend the first 3 nights in the city, then the next 3 at Disneyland
* We plan on using the MTR to get around, and are hoping to find a hotel in the city close to Hong Kong station to make it an easy transfer from the airport
* I will use my silver magic access pass, which will still be valid for our stay :thumbsup2 and we plan on getting Mum a red magic access pass for her birthday

I am hoping to stay at the Disneyland Hotel again, but will be hanging out for a decent special. At the very least, I'll be able to get a 10% discount with my silver magic access card.

So far the attractions I'm hoping to cover include:
* Victoria Peak tram and the walk around the peak that PIO included in her trip report
* Cable car and the big Buddha (was closed for maintenance on our honeymoon)
* Symphony of lights
* DH wants me to go and check on the progress of the new train station in Kowloon :lmao:
* Shopping!

I am open to suggestions for good shopping/markets.

In the Disneyland vicinity, I want to do the afternoon tea at the Disneyland Hotel and check out Inspiration Lake. At the park, I think Mum will really enjoy the shows, parades and fireworks. And checking out the shops of course! She's not much of a rides person, but I think she'll go on IASW with me (which I didn't get to see with DH), probably the train, Tarzan's Treehouse, and maybe the Jungle Cruise. I'm looking forward to exploring with someone a little more enthusiastic about photos ::yes::

I'm so looking forward to it!

OMG!!! :faint:

Good work! :thumbsup2

Can I come??????

princess::upsidedow

ps. I'll be covering off a whole slew of markets at some stage. And I'll be looking forward to enjoying your pictures. ::yes::

Welcome aboard PIO! No reason you can't crash our girls only trip - there'll be a side visit to Perth involved though :laughing:

Since we've booked I've been going through your TR with a fine tooth comb and taking some detailed notes - looking forward to your section on the markets :thumbsup2

How exciting! DH has made plans to go back with a friend in March to the Rugby 7s and I'm all "what about me???".

I'm in Perth = where does your mum live?

I'm in Perth = where does your mum live?

She and Dad live in Willetton at the moment. We lived in Bullsbrook when I was growing up.

I may have a bit of an ultra-exciting upgrade to our trip to announce in the next few days... :woohoo: Will wait until it's confirmed though in case it doesn't go ahead.

Very curious about the upgrade!

I live in Redcliffe, near the domestic airport :).

Ok, hold onto your hats!

Our mother/daughter trip has been hijacked. By my Dad. And possibly DH. And we are now going to Paris instead of HK. For 2 weeks lol!

So a new PTR will be going up in the Disneyland Paris section.

I'd still love to have you aboard though! I'll put up a link here when I've started on my new PTR.

Ok, hold onto your hats!

Our mother/daughter trip has been hijacked. By my Dad. And possibly DH. And we are now going to Paris instead of HK. For 2 weeks lol!

So a new PTR will be going up in the Disneyland Paris section.

I'd still love to have you aboard though! I'll put up a link here when I've started on my new PTR.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

What an UPGRADE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter