Pumpkin Seeds recipie please

AMClvsMKY

<font color=navy>DIS Veteran<font color=darkcoral>
I know it's pretty simple. I already dried the seeds. Anyone know how long & at what temp to bake the seeds?
Thanks

From Carla Emery's Old-Fashioned Recipe Book:

Open the pumpkin & remove the seeds. Let the seeds dry for 2 days - spread on a tray or newspaper.
Just before roasting, rub the seeds between your fingers to remove that thin papery outer skin. Then roast under a low flame for ~ 15 minutes. When they start popping out of the tray, they're done. They're brown, too, when done. A moment before removing them from the oven, sprinkle soy sauce over them.

OR
Prepare as above, toast, then brush with melted butter & sprinkle with salt.

OR
Wash seeds. Boil in salted water (2 - 3 Tbl salt per quart of water) for about 15 minutes. Drain. Spread on a cookie sheet with a little oil or melted butter. Roast in a moderate oven (350) until they are brown & crisp.

Hope this helps . . .

d

That is exactly what I was looking for - Thanks piratesmate :)

My friends and family have this debate every year. Do you eat the whole seed after it has been toasted or do you crack it open and only eat the smaller inner seed?

I usually put the whole seed in my mouth to crack the shell (& get the flavor of the soy that I put on), but only eat the inside "nut".

I left out that part of the paragraph on making them from Carla Emery . . .
"Some people chew and eat the shells and all, but it's sort of a woody taste."

That's why none of us eat the outside...it is kind of woody tasting.

d

I roast the seeds every year......just take out of the pumpkin, put in colander
to wash and spread out on cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, roast
at 350......every 5 minutes I go in and stir them around, usually takes 15 minutes
total. We eat the whole thing......especially good while warm. Ive heard of oil and butter
before, but the easier the better!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter