Purchase Disney gift cards at WDW?

Mollygirl21

Mouseketeer
Can we buy a gift card onsite at DisneyWorld? We're coming from Canada so if I buy one here, it would be in Canadian currency but I want one in US dollars.

Thanks

If you buy them here at home yes you pay in CAD but you won’t have any FX fees on your CC if that’s how you’re buying them and depending on when you buy you could come out slightly ahead on the exchange rate and they’ll work just fine in the parks.

I am Canadian and buy Disney gift cards every trip here in Canada before we go. You pay in Canadian but it's converted to American dollars when you use it and you don't pay the foreign exchange fee that you would pay using your credit card.

I've done both - they end up converting to roughly the same price. I like knowing that if I've purchased the US ones, that is the exact amount the kids have to spend - I find for them, if I get a CDN card, it's confusing to think they have 50$ to spend (when there's really only ~36USD on it).

Chiming in on the Canadian aspect.

We too buy GCs prior to going from Gift Cards “malls” at Shoppers or grocery stores, load ‘em up on the Gift Card website and we’re good to go in US currency.

And to answer your original question - yes, you can buy GCs EVERYWHERE on Disney property.

Last edited:

Note that you cannot charge them to your room though (rooms can be paid for with Disney gift cards and you can't pay for a gift card with a gift card). So if you charge everything to your magic band, you'll have to bring your credit card to the park/resort store to purchase.

Note that you cannot charge them to your room though (rooms can be paid for with Disney gift cards and you can't pay for a gift card with a gift card). So if you charge everything to your magic band, you'll have to bring your credit card to the park/resort store to purchase.
My plan is to charge it to my visa when we arrive - I'll charge the amount the DDP would have cost and then use the GC to pay for all food and drink purchases. Hoping to settle the DDP vs OOP debate between DH and I for good :chat::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter