Purchasing a Guaranteed Week

Do I understand correctly that you book a specific week of the year based on the number of Sundays in that year, which you'd look as being numbered 1-52? This would seem to create difficulties (potentially enough to make it a no-go) for anyone who would want a specific holiday or event such as those folks who always spend Christmas at Disney and always make it Christmas plus x number of days afterward. That may be one of the extra factors in guaranteed weeks being less popular than I had immediately assumed before reading further. If, on top of the reasons stated above by Bill, one must choose to do Disney from a Sunday through a Saturday and cannot plan for their habit (or dream) of always being there during the busiest (or quietest) week of the year as many of us might calculate and plan such weeks, I can see the sales being on the rare side, though it seems as though more sales might benefit DVC and their future logistics significantly. Is that off base thinking it helps the whole of the workings where they have an extra 10% absorbed when people really use their week rather than swapping it?

And I can still see myself possibly making it work and loving it.

Sorry to add to such an old thread but I'm trying to gather a full understanding of guaranteed weeks and there still seems to be precious little to be found on the topic! I have a lot of further research ahead of me before I may buy an interest in DVC someday. I'll need to figure out more on my current and changing preferences now that I'm 48 too.

Ooh, also I've looked at the acronyms list here on Dis and can't find any explanation for "DVD" where quite a few people seem to be putting that in place of "DVC". So now I'm quite curious about that.

Last edited:
Hi
If I am going to buy 75 points direct anyways, wouldn't it be wise to buy a guaranteed week at my home resort of AK during a week that 75 points would buy. I am buying anyways and even if it isn't my always week I still have my 75 points that I wanted to buy and they would cost the same either way wouldn't they?

Hi
If I am going to buy 75 points direct anyways, wouldn't it be wise to buy a guaranteed week at my home resort of AK during a week that 75 points would buy. I am buying anyways and even if it isn't my always week I still have my 75 points that I wanted to buy and they would cost the same either way wouldn't they?

Guaranteed weeks are not offered at AKV.

Aulani, VGF, PVB and CCV are the only resorts that had/have them.

They had to be included in the declaration. DVD cannot add guaranteed weeks post-declaration without a lot of mayhem; it might not be possible.

And we’ve seen no evidence that they’ll sell guaranteed weeks after sellout. So you could only buy a fixed week direct at CCV (and Aulani).

Which I think a Fall Frenzy Fixed Week Studio at CCV would be a great deal.

Or. Find a rare guaranteed week on the resale market.

(We bought a Fall Frenzy - Jersey Week to be precise - Fixed Week Poly Lake View studio. Very happy with that decision.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter