Purchasing DVC Merchandise - Direct Owner/Resale Owner

Jason_79

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

My apologies if this is in the incorrect location, however I have a question regarding purchasing DVC Merchandise.

Are resale DVC owners able to purchase DVC (member) merchandise where it is sold? Example: in the resorts & online?

Are there any restrictions these types of purchase, the same way everything else being a resale owner has regarding perks etc?

:)

It's sold both in DVC resorts and online. Generally there are no restrictions regarding who may purchase. In the past, some limited edition items like pins and MagicBands were supposed to be limited to members with ID verified. But Cast Members were always very inconsistent.

Bottom line: don't be intimidated about buying anything

Glad to read that.

I can't recall where, but I remember hearing/reading somewhere that all DVC merchandise was limited to the direct members. Happy this isn't the case.

I can't recall where, but I remember hearing/reading somewhere that all DVC merchandise was limited to the direct members. Happy this isn't the case.

Anyone can buy DVC merchandise at the resorts and online. It's just like everything else in the store. If a non-member chooses to buy something for themselves to wear... well that's their choice.

To my knowledge, DVC merch is only sold at the following places: At each DVC resort's general store, online, and at the Epcot lounge downstairs.

Anyone can buy DVC merchandise at the resorts and online. It's just like everything else in the store. If a non-member chooses to buy something for themselves to wear... well that's their choice.

To my knowledge, DVC merch is only sold at the following places: At each DVC resort's general store, online, and at the Epcot lounge downstairs.

Thank you for letting me know! Looking forward to getting some good stuff!

We are currently ROFR on our first resale contract, 200 points at SSR. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for letting me know! Looking forward to getting some good stuff!

Just to clarify: the DVC merch in the Imagination Pavilion is just a bay in the store on your way out of Journey into Imagination. It is not IN the lounge. Don't think you're missing anything by not having access to the lounge, btw. Not worth the extra $$$ buying 100 pts direct just for a blue card, IMHO.

Wishing you luck on ROFR! I myself am a SSR owner, but because my wife and I absolutely love SSR. She and I are fans of the more laid back/spacious OKW/SSR model compared to hotel feel of the other DVC resorts. They all have their pros/cons of course. I'm not sure if you're buying SSR to "sleep around" but please give SSR a shot! Especially with the refurbs coming, it'll be even more awesome!

Just to clarify: the DVC merch in the Imagination Pavilion is just a bay in the store on your way out of Journey into Imagination. It is not IN the lounge. Don't think you're missing anything by not having access to the lounge, btw. Not worth the extra $$$ buying 100 pts direct just for a blue card, IMHO.

Wishing you luck on ROFR! I myself am a SSR owner, but because my wife and I absolutely love SSR. She and I are fans of the more laid back/spacious OKW/SSR model compared to hotel feel of the other DVC resorts. They all have their pros/cons of course. I'm not sure if you're buying SSR to "sleep around" but please give SSR a shot! Especially with the refurbs coming, it'll be even more awesome!

I couldn’t agree more regarding the feel of SSR and OKW. We both have the same view on laid back and spacious feel!

Our first stay next year will be at OKW, and the next one a few months later will be at SSR. Hopefully the refurb will be complete by then. The pictures I’ve seen of SSR refurb so far look amazing!

Our purchasing decision came down to OKW and SSR. We value proximity to Disney Springs more important then the to the parks. Transportation to the parks doesn’t matter as much because we only take Mini-Vans, and avoid the buses altogether. (That’s a whole other convo lol)

SSR was the first contract that we saw that matched the UY and points total we wanted to start with.

I couldn’t agree more regarding the feel of SSR and OKW. We both have the same view on laid back and spacious feel!

Our first stay next year will be at OKW, and the next one a few months later will be at SSR. Hopefully the refurb will be complete by then. The pictures I’ve seen of SSR refurb so far look amazing!

Our purchasing decision came down to OKW and SSR. We value proximity to Disney Springs more important then the to the parks. Transportation to the parks doesn’t matter as much because we only take Mini-Vans, and avoid the buses altogether. (That’s a whole other convo lol)

SSR was the first contract that we saw that matched the UY and points total we wanted to start with.

Just to add...if you are taking Disney Minnie-Vans, you can save money by just ordering a regular Lyft. With the exception of MK (which allows the Minnie Van to go up near the bus drop off), the regular Lyft brings you close to the gate.

We did this a few years ago when we had a big group staying at SSR after day 1 and it taking like 45 minutes on the bus to get to Epcot!. And, when going to MK, we used Lyft to bring us to the Contemporary and just walked from there!!

Just to add...if you are taking Disney Minnie-Vans, you can save money by just ordering a regular Lyft. With the exception of MK (which allows the Minnie Van to go up near the bus drop off), the regular Lyft brings you close to the gate.

We did this a few years ago when we had a big group staying at SSR after day 1 and it taking like 45 minutes on the bus to get to Epcot!. And, when going to MK, we used Lyft to bring us to the Contemporary and just walked from there!!

Hi There, :)

There are a few reasons why we prefer the Minnie-Vans over other methods of transportation. First being we have a 3 year old son and want the assurance of properly installed (and not expired) car seats for him. The second being the overall experience of travelling on property in a Minnie-Van is so much better. Each person we had during our August trip was very friendly (great background music) and even offered some tips regarding the opening of Galaxy's Edge as well as ticketing information which, in turn, saved us a decent chunk of money. And finally, these vehicles are clean, spacious always on time.

Hi There, :)

There are a few reasons why we prefer the Minnie-Vans over other methods of transportation. First being we have a 3 year old son and want the assurance of properly installed (and not expired) car seats for him. The second being the overall experience of travelling on property in a Minnie-Van is so much better. Each person we had during our August trip was very friendly (great background music) and even offered some tips regarding the opening of Galaxy's Edge as well as ticketing information which, in turn, saved us a decent chunk of money. And finally, these vehicles are clean, spacious always on time.

I certainly get it! Some people have great reasons to use different services. Just wanted to let you know of the option that we found great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!