Purchasing Tickets to Tokyo Disneyland

Josh B

Earning My Ears
I am going to Tokyo Disneyland on May 10-12, 2017. I have already made my hotel reservation (which was also difficult to do online from the USA). I am now having difficulty buying my park tickets online via the Tokyo Disney Resort website. I am using a MasterCard (which seems to be the only kind of American credit card they accept), but the transaction still isn't being approved. I have contacted my card issuer and they've assured me that there's nothing wrong with the card on their end and the transaction should be approved. Does anyone have any input/experience with this? Should I be concerned if I am not able to buy park tickets in advance? Will tickets still be available for purchase at my hotel or the parks when I am there?

I am going to Tokyo Disneyland on May 10-12, 2017. I have already made my hotel reservation (which was also difficult to do online from the USA). I am now having difficulty buying my park tickets online via the Tokyo Disney Resort website. I am using a MasterCard (which seems to be the only kind of American credit card they accept), but the transaction still isn't being approved. I have contacted my card issuer and they've assured me that there's nothing wrong with the card on their end and the transaction should be approved. Does anyone have any input/experience with this? Should I be concerned if I am not able to buy park tickets in advance? Will tickets still be available for purchase at my hotel or the parks when I am there?

Are you staying at a Disney hotel...? Entry is guaranteed if you are.

Yes, we're staying at the Disneyland Hotel. The benefits page (linked here: http://www.disneyhotels.jp/en/guests/index.html) says, "Guests staying at a Disney hotel are guaranteed admission to the Disney Theme Parks even on high attendance days." I interpret this to mean that if you already have tickets, you're guaranteed admission. But if tickets are sold out or no longer available, what then? Am I misinterpreting this? If I show up without tickets, as a Disney hotel guest, will I still be able to buy them when I arrive?

Yes, we're staying at the Disneyland Hotel. The benefits page (linked here: http://www.disneyhotels.jp/en/guests/index.html) says, "Guests staying at a Disney hotel are guaranteed admission to the Disney Theme Parks even on high attendance days." I interpret this to mean that if you already have tickets, you're guaranteed admission. But if tickets are sold out or no longer available, what then? Am I misinterpreting this? If I show up without tickets, as a Disney hotel guest, will I still be able to buy them when I arrive?

I'm pretty sure guaranteed admission means they will sell you tickets even if they're sold out for day guests.

I know crowd calendars can be wrong, but May 10-12 are currently rated as low days, which makes sense, because it's right after Golden Week. If you were going during GW or a week end I would be a lot more concerned.

My understanding is to get the special resort only park hopper tickets you have to buy it at the hotel - which is turn made me assume buying them is guaranteed along with admission. Hopefully someone who has been there done that can tell us whats up!

No need to buy in advance. Buy when you get there. Only if you are staying offsite AND going on one of the most crowded days of the year AND getting to the park late would you have a problem. On your dates, the crowd is expected to be about 22,000 to 27,000 visitors. You don't have to worry until you get to 60,000+ visitors.

Hope you don't mind if I piggy back on this thread... If I purchase a print-at-home ticket at klook.com it says I can exchange it for a regular ticket at guest relations so I can use fastpasses. Do you know if the guest relations will be a very long line?

Last edited:
If I'm staying at a "good neighbor" hotel like the Sheraton or Hilton, it appears that admission is guaranteed there too. So, would it be an issue to wait to buy tickets until we arrive? Or should I try to have them in advance? Some of the rates include tickets, but I'm not sure what the advantage of that is.

Laurie

I have only bought my tickets right at the gate on the first day I arrive. I see no reason to buy before you get to your hotel.

If you're staying at a disney property I'd wait and buy tickets at the welcome counter. We got there, dropped our bags with them to have sent to our hotel room, and got our monorail and tickets for the day. They offer a special 2 day park hopper pass at the counter for hotel guests.

Hope you don't mind if I piggy back on this thread... If I purchase a print-at-home ticket at klook.com it says I can exchange it for a regular ticket at guest relations so I can use fastpasses. Do you know if the guest relations will be a very long line?

This is a late response, but no. The line to purchase or exchange tickets at the gates to both Disneyland and DisneySea is usually very short. However, it can be misleading because you will see HUGE lines when you first arrive. Those lines are for people who already hold their tickets. In the space between those lines, you should be able to walk straight up to the glass booth / ticket counter to exchange the tickets and then get into the long lines for entry.

It costs 200 yen to exchange each ticket, but it's much easier carrying and using the credit card sized ticket than carrying and using printed A4 sheets of paper (especially in wet weather).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter