Q: DVC: Saratoga Springs

Lucky and Pooh

- Disney Vaction Club -

Which section of SSR is your favorite and why?

We have a reservation for a 2 Bedroom Unit at DVC
Disney`s Saratoga Springs Resort & was wondering
how many buildings/units they currently have open.
Do the units have patios/decks and washer/dryer?

Anyone have a link to an online map
What are the names of the buildings

Thanks

pooh:

just got back and love the Congress since I checked in late all the with pcituresque view were taken and was situated at corner room but it was still great! Hope you get the perfect spot for you!

I like the buildings that have a nice view of downtown Disney - I think they are in the Paddock section. We stayed there last time and it was wonderful to look out and see the downtown area all lit up - plus, it was only a 15 stroll to downtown. We went there almost every evening for Disney Quest and shopping! That is one of the things I really like about SS - you can have the "downtown" experience OR you pick a building that is overlooking the landscaping and water features. I can't wait to see all the landscaping fill in over the next 10 years.

Congress park is our Fav as it's close to DTD for a quick walk. Not far from the Carriage house (main Building).

Springs is closest to the Main Pool /Carraige house. New Grandstands has it's own feature pool now and still very close to Main area. Paddocks is across the lake and Carousel is way back in the corner away from everything.

Close to DTD and great views across the water. :thumbsup2

Not so close to the main area. Oh well....can't have everything. :confused3

We just got back from our first trip home 4/15-4/21, we stayed in the congress park section in room 2714(1BR) and had a great view of DTD and just close enough the carriage house and a short walk to DTD as well as being right next to the bus stop, it was fantastic. We didnt think we would like SSR and we were right, WE LOVED IT!

I'm not sure what is my favorite section. So far I've just stayed in the Springs. That was very nice for the closeness to the main pool. I was back and forth to Artist Palette (thru the pool) every day. View is of the lake between two buildings. Pretty but I think I thought Congress Park had the sexier view.

The Paddocks buildings I was originally assigned to would have been ok too. It was right across the lake by the quiet pool there (and the foot bridge).

Congress Park has the DTD view and access, but it also seems a bit farther out from the main pool area. Distance wise it's not that much, but it seemed so to drive it on my way out. I'm eager to see what it's all like in person next month.

Grandstand is the newest section and I think probably a good alternate for Springs lovers. It's close enough to make the main pool easy to get to.

Probably the only section I'd see as a last resort is Carousel. I see that as an overflow area. I wish it had been built with more public amenities included.

Of all the sections, every building is standing. The 3rd Grandstand building is scheduled to open May 1 and the last building June 1. So we're just about finished. That means all but 220 rooms are in service now (out of a possible 1260 max).

I'm with Sammie . . .Congress Park for Us! Great quiet pool, great view, great rocking chairs to relax watching all of the energy at Pleasure Island, but . . .
. . NOTHING beats the hot tub at the pool at Congress Park in the evening - quiet, great view, distant music telling of fun, any usually vacant!

We just got back from our first trip home 4/15-4/21, we stayed in the congress park section in room 2714(1BR) and had a great view of DTD and just close enough the carriage house and a short walk to DTD as well as being right next to the bus stop, it was fantastic. We didnt think we would like SSR and we were right, WE LOVED IT!

:wave2: was there the same dates as yours!:banana:

I'm with Sammie . . .Congress Park for Us! Great quiet pool, great view, great rocking chairs to relax watching all of the energy at Pleasure Island, but . . .
. . NOTHING beats the hot tub at the pool at Congress Park in the evening - quiet, great view, distant music telling of fun, any usually vacant!

:thumbsup2 love love love those rocking chairs!!!

We had a third floor studio in the Paddock area for two weeks in February. It had a great view over the ponds and the rest of the resort. We loved it. Congress Park is also great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter