QS Dining Plan worth it to you when solo?

And there is a hidden cost, sort of. Tips. Oh, I know you pay your server the tip anyway- but for the DxDP, the tip may be a huge chunk of cash by my standards. For QS of course that doesn’t apply.

For for a $30 TS OOP without apps and a cocktail vs a $80 TS or more with drinks and dessert, tips can really add up.

Is that ever the truth. The best deal is actually the Deluxe Dining Plan. But you have to be a huge eater and then stuff yourself silly. And then if you order the most expensive items to make it worthwhile you've got a big tip to pay out of pocket for every meal. Disney I assume makes a ton of money out of unused credits both for snacks and meals. I would love for an accountant to reveal exactly how much in a year.

The problem is it's very tempting. Let's say you go to California Grill for Brunch for 2 credits. That's$105 and then you have to add the tax. And lets say you want a bloody Mary with that. Right there you've got a cost of close to $130. The dining plan for that day is $121. It includes that bloody Mary and the tax and then you get another credit for a table service meal which includes an alcoholic drink which can be up to $75 and two snack credits coming to about $15. It's like you've saved $100 for the day. But then you've got to tip which could be close to $40 and it's such a heckuva lot of food.

Last edited:
I agree the only way you come out ahead is by ordering the most expensive thing on the menu. I rather eat what I want at the time I am eating.?? Like IDK until Im there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!