Delete Thread

We liked antojitos too but also did not love it. I didn't know they were open late! When we were there they had an exceedingly loud band playing so that dampened our experience somewhat, but the margaritas were great! I really need to get back to UO, even if for a resort weekend. Despite what they're feeding @ariane37, I think the food is great :rotfl:

HnpiVvCl.jpg

I actually ate a ton of these chips even though there wasn't really anything special about them and I don't like salsa :rotfl:

Bahaha! I'm not a big salsa fan either. But sometimes something just hits the spot! We got tortilla chips when we went over a year ago, but the server couldn't tell me whether they were GF or not. We found out from the third person we asked, a long time later, that they were fried in shared fryers and not super safe due to cross contamination, which I try to avoid. Unfortunately that was after we'd already ordered the tableside guac...so I just kinda ate some with a spoon and felt sad. I hope they've changed this because it seems like a simple thing to fix!

*shudder*

What is with those weird dolls. I love fajitas so figure we will have to try this place. Trouble is, so many new places for us at Universal since our last visit, we are struggling to fit them in.

We really liked Jakes too
Churro Bread Pudding dessert looks so good definitely have to try that next time
That frozen strawberry Margarita looks yummy
Do we know why the creepy baby dolls
are on the wall :confused3 :eek:

I think Antijitos is a solid option for CW--nothing amazing, but i'm glad it's there. My mom and I also split the fajitas and thought it was such a huge portion! (And normally we're not splitters haha)

It would've been nice if they volunteered that information when we said he was GF.

Yeah, no kidding!! I had always heard good things about Antojitos for GF, so I was a little surprised they weren't more knowledgeable and forthcoming.

It makes me wonder if the tortillas are okay too, but I guess they must be since he didn't get sick.

If they gave him soft corn tortillas, they should have been fine. That's what they finally got for me once they got their act together, and I didn't get sick either. I also smeared a little of the guac on them, but it wasn't super appetizing. lol

I think Antijitos is a solid option for CW--nothing amazing, but i'm glad it's there. My mom and I also split the fajitas and thought it was such a huge portion! (And normally we're not splitters haha)

Yeah, and it definitely was a huge portion, I think we each got like 3 fajitas out of it.

Yeah, no kidding!! I had always heard good things about Antojitos for GF, so I was a little surprised they weren't more knowledgeable and forthcoming.

Usually Mexican restaurants are some of the best for GF food too. I'm surprised too.

If they gave him soft corn tortillas, they should have been fine. That's what they finally got for me once they got their act together, and I didn't get sick either. I also smeared a little of the guac on them, but it wasn't super appetizing. lol

Yeah I think that's what we had. Did you just have the tortillas with guac? That doesn't sound very appetizing lol.

This looks delicious. I love frozen slushy type alcoholic drinks.

krg99lXl.jpg

It also came with GF tortillas, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, guac, black beans. We thought this was more than enough for both of us. We were both surprised that of the two meats the chicken was definitely the better choice. The steak was chewy, and I didn't really like it at all. The chicken was really tender and worked really well in the fajitas.
I love the presentation on how organized they laid out the ingredients. I usually order chicken fajitas so that's great to hear that meat was the better choice of the two. That stinks that your steak was chewy though.

This looks delicious. I love frozen slushy type alcoholic drinks.

Me too!

I love the presentation on how organized they laid out the ingredients. I usually order chicken fajitas so that's great to hear that meat was the better choice of the two. That stinks that your steak was chewy though.

It was a nice presentation! I was surprised since we usually prefer steak, but I was glad one of the meats worked well in the fajita.

I can't believe I'm going back almost a month, and I'm pretty sure I missed a couple reviews in between!

1565 Tiki – St. Augustine Rum, Malibu, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Vanilla Syrup, Grenadine, Myers’s Dark Rum Float
This drink looks totally up my alley. Next time Steve and I stay in the BW area for an adults trip we'll have to hang at some of the Swalphin lounges.

And guess who may be in Disney for her birthday this year?

WHO :confused3 :hyper:

The name is a homage to the fabled explorer Jack McNally who is the owner of the seaplane in the lagoon.
During our TA trip in Feb., our guide told us the backstory to Jake's. She also said guests write letters to him? Or the girl? Or something lol?? You see how well I listened, I was most likely starving at the time or had just eaten a crappy meal :laughing: Anyway there's a board hanging outside the place I believe where people can hang their notes. It was actually a pretty cute story.

For @ariane37 :rotfl: The "creepy baby doll wall":
I periodically send my creep doll picture to a friend of mine because it freaks her out :rotfl:

Despite what they're feeding @ariane37, I think the food is great
On our family trip in 2015 we ate in 2 of the park restaurants, Finnegans and.........somewhere I'm too lazy to look up. But both were really good! Even our fast food wasn't bad. I mean the first trip when we ate at Antojitos I really enjoyed it. This trip they randomly assigned us to CW restaurants and while some thought their place was "eh" there were many who enjoyed their meals, and I did love my apps at NBC Grille so I know it isn't all bad. Just what they serve us is bad lol!

I'll have to try some other places in the airport. Although we generally try not to eat in the airport unless we have to, because we'd rather spend more time on property and eat there.
See I am the opposite, I don't like to cut it close at the airport... Too many ways to get delayed. But I always want more time in the parks!

See I am the opposite, I don't like to cut it close at the airport... Too many ways to get delayed. But I always want more time in the parks!

Oh definitely we never cut it too close. We usually get to the airport 2.5-3 hours early (although we usually end up doing a lot of waiting around but sometimes it’s busy). But in this case if we ate a late breakfast instead of lunch we probably could’ve done that before leaving the property, but because we wanted to try C&L we just left for the airport earlier to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!