on a Parker House Bun served with choice of Fries or House-made Vinegar Chips

HMMM I love a good burger

Twelve-Layer Chocolate Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake and Ganache served with Milk-Coffee Chantilly

Yum! Sounds like this may be a dessert worth sharing

Trio of Puddings
Chocolate, Blackberry, and Butterscotch with Mix-ins

Ok, I want this.

Despite having a bad breakfast here, I think lunch redeemed the place for us. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back here asap, but I also would consider it as an option in the future. I will say though for anyone thinking of going I wouldn't make a destination out of this. I would go more if you were in the area or staying at the BC/YC and it was the most convenient. This seems like the kind of place that will always have availability even when it's busy which might be useful,

Excellent review! I've been trying to get an ADR here for lunch on our arrival day since we'll all be hungry once we land at the BC, and there isn't any!! Now I'm not feeling too bad about 'missing out' here.

Also a bit of pixie dust happened in the restaurant!

AWW yay for pixie dust!

daf3c732-4284-476b-ad41-2abbaf9b8871-jpeg.299698

(GF burger with fries)

bb9eca07-cbe8-4bf4-b797-d46c20242b76-jpeg.299699
These look really good, big and hearty. The fries look delicious, I don't think I'd like those chips. I'm not a big fan of vinegar.

04ca9eb8-6257-474f-85eb-8a769dbcb588-jpeg.299706

This was good, but it was very, very rich; and tasted like chocolate mousse. Josh seemed alarmed by the size, and after eating some declared it too rich for his delicate Irish palette again :laughing:.
This cake is huge! It does look like it would be really rich.

04dcd94c-73d6-4faa-b53f-d99ae1cc80af-jpeg.299700

The mix-ins were shortbread sticks, chocolate sticks, and raspberries. Overall I was surprised to say butterscotch was my favorite flavor. It was the one that had the consistency closest to pudding, and it had a good flavor that wasn't too sweet. The chocolate pudding (which I thought would be my favorite) was more like a mousse in texture and flavor. It tasted a lot like the the cake. And the blackberry wasn't bad, I'm just not as big a fan of fruity mousses/puddings, so I didn't think I'd love it going into dessert anyway. My favorite mix in was actually the short bread sticks, they were a bit delicate and kept breaking off, but they were very good in the pudding.
These look really good. Before reading your favorite I figured mine would be the butterscotch. This is definitely something I would enjoy.

I agree with you that this restaurant seems like it'll be the type that won't be difficult to get a table even on a busy day. I think I'd probably only go if I was staying at the hotel and needed a quick bite to eat.

Love when this happens!

This has to be the reddest drink I've ever seen. Did it dye your lips after drinking it? I do love the alcoholic slushies though.

Finally!! I have been waiting for that Ale & Compass lunch review. Looks like we wont make the special trip there. I have really been interested in the pudding, but i like real pudding texture. Sounds like a bit of a bust. Thank you fir saving us from a mediocre breakfast and lunch.

Poor Josh…he looks so sad about his coffee.

Kind of a bummer breakfast, but the burgers look good! I think I'd skip the pudding, it didn't seem too exciting!

Poor Josh…he looks so sad about his coffee.

Kind of a bummer breakfast, but the burgers look good! I think I'd skip the pudding, it didn't seem too exciting!

Aw haha he was!

Yeah the burgers were good! Dessert wasn’t as exciting as it sounded.

Glad your lunch at Ale & Compass was better than breakfast! Josh looks so sad about his coffee haha. Sorry your pudding trio didn't live up to the expectations. I like the concept though.

Seriously!? So few times Disney gets it wrong, but dang... they really got it wrong with those fries... :confused3

Yes, that's just wrong on so many levels!

Glad your lunch at Ale & Compass was better than breakfast! Josh looks so sad about his coffee haha. Sorry your pudding trio didn't live up to the expectations. I like the concept though.

:laughing: I like the concept too, and I'm glad I tried it because it was a really different dessert. It just wasn't quite what I think of when I hear "pudding trio".

Absolutely loving your dining reviews - i am travelling to WDW this September for the first time with my husband who has coeliac. Your report is giving me some great ideas and tips - thanks so much!!:cheer2::banana::bounce:

Love your VLOG review! You guys are too cute! I'll have to give the A&C some thought. We'll be at AKV Jambo House our first three nights in April, then switching to the BWV for five nights. It would be so convenient to walk over to the A&C, but not sure if we will based on the most recent reviews.

Love your VLOG review! You guys are too cute! I'll have to give the A&C some thought. We'll be at AKV Jambo House our first three nights in April, then switching to the BWV for five nights. It would be so convenient to walk over to the A&C, but not sure if we will based on the most recent reviews.

Aw thank you! If it's the most convenient I'd try it. But if there's somewhere else in the area you want to go, that would probably be my choice.

I had no idea they had those hot snowman pretzels and snow cones at MVMCP! I'm so bummed we missed them! I knew about the cookies, and we usually skip those because they're not very good. Just subscribed to your YT channel! Can't wait to watch some more of your VLOGS!

I had no idea they had those hot snowman pretzels and snow cones at MVMCP! I'm so bummed we missed them! I knew about the cookies, and we usually skip those because they're not very good. Just subscribed to your YT channel! Can't wait to watch some more of your VLOGS!

Yes! They were new this year and only over at Tortuga Tavern. Thank you!

Our first stop was Tortuga Tavern where they had snowman hot pretzels and blue raspberry snow cones:

YUM! That snowman warm pretzel looks delicious! I've had those cookies several years ago when Mom and I did MVMCP (2008) and I agree, they were OK. But hey, free cookies are free cookies! haha!

And finally a Disney Christmas cup!

So cute!

It looks like you guys had a great time. I've never tried Caseys or Cosmic Ray's, but I do have GF corn dogs in my freezer currently!

Our first stop was Tortuga Tavern where they had snowman hot pretzels and blue raspberry snow cones:

rHHPfr9l.jpg

Yum! I didn't know that was a thing!

There was a sugar cookie, snickerdoodle, peppermint bark, and ginger molasses. And none of these were good either!

What?!! :sad:

I've never had a corn dog before

Me, neither!

And finally a Disney Christmas cup! Full of strawberry lemonade:

Super cute!

YUM! That snowman warm pretzel looks delicious! I've had those cookies several years ago when Mom and I did MVMCP (2008) and I agree, they were OK. But hey, free cookies are free cookies! haha!

It was! It wasn't dry like some hot pretzels can be.

So cute!

It looks like you guys had a great time. I've never tried Caseys or Cosmic Ray's, but I do have GF corn dogs in my freezer currently!

We did!

I know it was awful :sad:

Me, neither!

:rotfl: I thought I was the only one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter