Delete Thread

Our Famous Cobb Salad
with Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing

KUcH4bnl.jpg

I took one picture upon arrival and then a mixed together photo, and both look delicious!

EV9aF1hl.jpg

That looks amazing! I am a huge salad fan, I can't believe I've never been here, though to be honest, I think I forget about it. Maybe in October ::yes::

I would say all of the desserts were okay, but none really stand out. I'd be okay skipping dessert in the future. I think by insisting in making the mini desserts so they can do the trio they end up making 6-7 okay desserts instead of 3-4 really good ones. I would advise skipping dessert here, because while we've had good food; the desserts really aren't anything special.

I thought the Grapefruit cake was the must-have thing here. I don't like grapefruit, either, but I think I'd have to get it just to try.

That looks amazing! I am a huge salad fan, I can't believe I've never been here, though to be honest, I think I forget about it. Maybe in October ::yes::

You should definitely try this!

I thought the Grapefruit cake was the must-have thing here. I don't like grapefruit, either, but I think I'd have to get it just to try.

It's supposed to be, :crazy2: but I was really grossed out by the taste.

But I did try to wait till they left the table to snap pictures of the food and vlog. :rotfl:
:rotfl: I often feel super awkward taking food pictures, especially because I'm usually solo, but still manage to pull it off because... TR! :laughing:

Josh isn't picky, and usually will eat those things, but the boxes don't always seem to have much thought put into them.
Ugh, that stinks. I don't think people should be penalized because they're GF. They need to step it up!

They also had a make your own hot chocolate station (non alcoholic) that I really enjoyed:
I would have had about 10 of these!

And you can tell I've never seen Prep and Landing anything because I thought this was muscular/angry Sven...
OMG I did too :rotfl2:

I didn't want to stake out a spot, so maybe I can't complain, but I also feel like if you pay for reserved viewing you shouldn't have this much trouble seeing the show.
I completely agree. It's kinda the point of booking these things, right?

Movie Magic was excellent. It reminds me of the Great Movie Ride, and I love how it shows older and newer movies, and is just about Walt and the movies. To me that's really what Hollywood Studios is about.
I'm so happy to hear that. I feel that HS has lost so much of this over the years, glad to hear it captured the spirit of HS in Movie Magic :goodvibes

The Cobb salad looks really good. We thought the JB/JB was just okay when we watched. It sounds like most of the dessert parties are meh.

Love Santa Goofy
I would have enjoyed the movie magic as well
We’ve never done JBJB don’t think we will
BTW I thought that was Sven too :rotfl:

That dessert party looks pretty disappointing really, when you consider the cost. Love the sound of some of those drinks though, I guess if you had your fill of alcohol that might make it more worth it.

Most the pictures came out really blurry or poorly to my disappointment, this is probably the best one:
#thanksphotopass
The weirdest thing about the chips was they had a pair of tongs to scoop them out. So you were pretty much grabbing one chip at a time. The cheese fondue was pretty good and worked well with the pretzel bread, and to my surprise the spinach and artichoke dip was probably the best thing at the party! It was so good.
Mmmmm. Pretzel bread and cheese works really well together.
Here's a look at some of the drink choices:
I feel like the bar menu is impressive for a dessert party, compared to what I've seen on other reports
(Our second GF surprise of the trip)
I would never have expected that
They did have one of those nitro freeze ice cream stations which he enjoyed some of:
We had this at our wedding :)
And you can tell I've never seen Prep and Landing anything because I thought this was muscular/angry Sven..
:rotfl: i think i watched it on tv when it first came out. It did not leave a lasting impression, that's for sure .

Since we're only doing it once and it was a special holiday thing, I don't feel like it was a waste of money. It was fun, despite any negatives we still had a good time, and without the dessert party we might have left early and skipped the show because we were running out of things to do.
We were definitely just killing time waiting for the show to start. I wouldn't go out of my way for it if we did another Christmas trip. I'd probably leave at dark, after seeing echo lake lit up...
You will probably end up sitting at a very small table with strangers (depending on how may people in your party)
I hate this... I'm antisocial :rotfl:
There were not a lot of GF choices, and they seemed eager to clear off the tables to the point where they would the minute you got up (so they threw Josh's box out when we went to the bathroom). Though helpful, I also think they kind of dropped the ball with the GF items since Josh had to ask for it, and it took them awhile to come out with the box.
I can't believe they tossed his box!

All caught up now!

This is also one of those dessert parties where you are seated with other people
We did this in 2016 which was the first year they had it and we didn't have to sit with other people.......the tables were small so I suppose if we were only 2, others could have asked to sit with us but since it was seat yourself nobody made us sit with anyone. Are they telling you where to sit now?

Movie Magic was excellent. It reminds me of the Great Movie Ride, and I love how it shows older and newer movies, and is just about Walt and the movies. To me that's really what Hollywood Studios is about.
Love Movie Magic!

Sorry you didn't really like the dessert party. I thought it was pretty decent although nobody else in the family did lol. I will say they've changed the menu amnd your choices looked better than ours!

All caught up now!

We did this in 2016 which was the first year they had it and we didn't have to sit with other people.......the tables were small so I suppose if we were only 2, others could have asked to sit with us but since it was seat yourself nobody made us sit with anyone. Are they telling you where to sit now?

Yes, we had assigned tables. They gave you a number when you came in.

Love Movie Magic!

Sorry you didn't really like the dessert party. I thought it was pretty decent although nobody else in the family did lol. I will say they've changed the menu amnd your choices looked better than ours!

Me too!

The choices did seem a little better than last year’s which helped me decide to book it. I wouldn’t say we didn’t like it. We had fun, but compared to others we’ve done it wasn’t the best. Part of it was just that the show itself wasn’t our favorite. But even though we had a good time we wouldn’t do it next year and unless seeing JBJB was super important to someone and they loved dessert parties I wouldn’t recommend it.

This is also one of those dessert parties where you are seated with other people. I don't really enjoy being seated (especially at super small tables) with strangers,

I'm surprised you get a seat at all. We had to stand for the two SWDPs we've been to. Though i guess I'd rather stand than try to make awkward small talk with strangers :thumbsup2

My next plates were cheese fondue with pretzel bread and naan bread, and chips with spinach and artichoke dip and french onion dip:

Looks good. I would have liked more savory options, aside from blocks of cheese and crackers.

I was disappointed with the GF choices for him, one thing that stops us from booking dessert parties sometimes is the lack of choices for him.

That stinks. And they charge the same amount for a box of pre-packaged food? Not cool.

We headed out to the viewing area when we finished up, and we were right in the front of our area. The only people in front of us should have been those in wheelchairs. While we still had a decent view, no one followed any of the rules for the area, and no CM's enforced those rules. A lot of people sent their children to the very front of the viewing area (which was not part of the areas we were supposed to be allowed to stand in). They mostly stayed seated so I didn't care, but towards the start of the show random people just started walking to that area in front because no one was in it, so you had a lot of adults standing too. People who had someone in a wheelchair with them just stood in the wheelchair section (instead of literally two steps behind them in the row with us). I had a lady standing right in front of me most the time, and 2 super tall guys. (I did manage to get some decent footage around them but I ended up having to switch spots with Josh so I could see). I didn't want to stake out a spot, so maybe I can't complain, but I also feel like if you pay for reserved viewing you shouldn't have this much trouble seeing the show.

OMG! This was my biggest complaint about the SWDP! The same thing happened to us and it really put a damper on the whole thing. Definitely not worth it in the future, unless they start enforcing that people don't cut and stand where they aren't supposed to.

Thanks for the JBJB review...I've been toying with going to that one, not sure now! We're not big dessert eaters...don't do well at buffets either. Usually one plate and we're done!

The food sounds great but I would have been really unhappy with having an obstructed view of the show. I would have wanted to say something to the CMs so badly. You're paying that premium for the view, not the snacks! I'm glad you still enjoyed it though!

Your brown derby food looks good! I always look at the menu at the brown derby and it never stands out enough for me.

The dessert party does not seem worth it for GF! That is kind of crappy. And Super $$$ for that.

Great and thorough review of the dessert party. Dark pictures or not, you do such a great job of describing everything that I felt like I was there. And what do you know there is a woman standing in front of me as I type this :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!