QSDP

laracroft

DIS Veteran
I need help! I have searched the boards trying to find the answer so please forgive me if this is somewhere else. I am getting the QSDP and I see there are changes this year. I know it includes an entre and a drink. But my confusion is this, if I go somewhere and order a hamburger and fries, does that count as a meal or will I have to use a snack credit for the fries? If I order chicken nuggets and fries do the nuggets count (only) as an entre? If I go to the Earl of Sandwich, do the chips come with the sammie or is that an out of pocket or snack? I used to have this dining plan down to a science! Thanks for all your help and advice!

Don't panic! the 2017 QSDP is a little different than it has been. Say you're going to Backlot Express in HS, and you've ordered the Burger AND Fries (that's a whole entree in itself), you'll also order a drink with that and that'll be your Meal credit. If you want a dessert, they are no longer included with the meals, but you can use one of your two daily snack credits for a dessert if you desire, or pay out of pocket.
I hope this helps!

Don't panic! the 2017 QSDP is a little different than it has been. Say you're going to Backlot Express in HS, and you've ordered the Burger AND Fries (that's a whole entree in itself), you'll also order a drink with that and that'll be your Meal credit. If you want a dessert, they are no longer included with the meals, but you can use one of your two daily snack credits for a dessert if you desire, or pay out of pocket.
I hope this helps!

This was JUST what I was needing to know! Thank you so much! I had read someone talking about getting fries instead of a drink (with their sandwich) to save from using snack credits and I was in a panic! LOL The desserts in previous trips, most of the time, weren't used. I prefer the extra snack as opposed to the dessert. :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::yay::yay::yay::yay:

This was JUST what I was needing to know! Thank you so much! I had read someone talking about getting fries instead of a drink (with their sandwich) to save from using snack credits and I was in a panic! LOL The desserts in previous trips, most of the time, weren't used. I prefer the extra snack as opposed to the dessert. :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::yay::yay::yay::yay:

You are so welcome! I've used the QSDP several times now, and it is a little more confusing this year! I hope you enjoy it! (And Avoid Everything Pop in the mornings! TRUST me)

You are so welcome! I've used the QSDP several times now, and it is a little more confusing this year! I hope you enjoy it! (And Avoid Everything Pop in the mornings! TRUST me)

Well we usually do the food court in the am, but I am thinking of skipping it this time. I have never tried Capt Cooks, we usually do Kona because WE LOVE TONGA TOAST! But I hope that CC isn't CRAY CRAY. I can't wait to have my TT, wish I could stick some in my purse to bring home and it still be good! LOL

I THINK at Earl of Sandwich you only get a sandwich and drink. The chips are a side there.

The majority of Disney QS restaurants count their combo meal as an entree. There are a few places that do not. I suspect the thread you saw was about D-Luxe Burger in DS. They have never included fries with their burgers, so you would NOT get them with your credit there. As PP said, I believe Earl also does not include chips with their sandwiches, so you'll have to pay OOP if you want chips.

There may be others, but if it is listed on the menu with a side, you'll get the side with your QS credit.

An entree is a main dish and side dish so the hamburger and fries would be the entree.

Technically not correct. The hamburger would be an entree, and the fries would be a side, except that the CS credit can also be used to get one "combo", e.g., hamburger and fries.

The real test is: if they're listed on the menu together, you get both.

Well we usually do the food court in the am, but I am thinking of skipping it this time. I have never tried Capt Cooks, we usually do Kona because WE LOVE TONGA TOAST! But I hope that CC isn't CRAY CRAY. I can't wait to have my TT, wish I could stick some in my purse to bring home and it still be good! LOL

We have done Captain Cooks on a couple trips and it has not been crazy. I lot fewer than the Pop did court for sure.

Also not sure if you know this but you can get Tonga Toast there also. The only difference is you don't get the sauce. It's my favourite Disney breakfast!

You get everything that is included in the description of the main dish (e.g. burger, sandwich, steak, etc.) so if the menu says burger with fries you would get both. If the description only says burger and does not mention fries, it would be just the burger.

We have done Captain Cooks on a couple trips and it has not been crazy. I lot fewer than the Pop did court for sure.

Also not sure if you know this but you can get Tonga Toast there also. The only difference is you don't get the sauce. It's my favourite Disney breakfast!

YES! That is why I am specifically going! TONGA TOAST! Was it just as good there (CC's)?

You get everything that is included in the description of the main dish (e.g. burger, sandwich, steak, etc.) so if the menu says burger with fries you would get both. If the description only says burger and does not mention fries, it would be just the burger.

Thank you! That certainly helps me.

Ok, now with the changes of the dessert removed, I'm wondering about a meal at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot on the QSDP. The #1 Meal on the menu, the $19.49 French Dip Burger Combo which comes with two sides in the apples and french fries, in addition to a fountain beverage and choice of dessert. Can you get this with 1 QS credit? It is a combo. I'm confused as it has the dessert included but I know we don't get desserts with your 2017 QS credit now. Anyone done this?

Ok, now with the changes of the dessert removed, I'm wondering about a meal at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot on the QSDP. The #1 Meal on the menu, the $19.49 French Dip Burger Combo which comes with two sides in the apples and french fries, in addition to a fountain beverage and choice of dessert. Can you get this with 1 QS credit? It is a combo. I'm confused as it has the dessert included but I know we don't get desserts with your 2017 QS credit now. Anyone done this?
I do not see a dessert listed in the description for the French Dip Burger and it says Apple slices or fries - not both.

Except for the salad, all of EU's combos come with a CHOICE of fries or some kind of fruit. No dessert. So, yes, you can get this with 1 QS credit.

I do not see a dessert listed in the description for the French Dip Burger and it says Apple slices or fries - not both.

Except for the salad, all of EU's combos come with a CHOICE of fries or some kind of fruit. No dessert. So, yes, you can get this with 1 QS credit.

Sorry, I think we are looking at different things. Electric Umbrella is kind of unique with the word "combo" as it is not like the other QS restuarants like say Cosmic Ray's where a combo means choice of fries or fruit etc. Electric Umbrella has on it's menu & on the WDW site this Combo:
French Dip Burger Combo
1/3 lb Angus Burger, Brisket, Crispy Onions, and Muenster served with Apple Slices, French Fries, a choice of Dessert, and Fountain Beverage
$19.49
Josh has a good picture of the menu board at http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/very-zoomed-in-epcot-walkabout-41917/

This was the combo I was wondering about, as it's kind of a different beast. I'm assuming you cannot get this on the QSDP with one QS credit, but I just don't know for sure. It's weird. I was just wondering if anyone had tried getting it with 1 credit?

Sorry, I think we are looking at different things. Electric Umbrella is kind of unique with the word "combo" as it is not like the other QS restuarants like say Cosmic Ray's where a combo means choice of fries or fruit etc. Electric Umbrella has on it's menu & on the WDW site this Combo:
French Dip Burger Combo
1/3 lb Angus Burger, Brisket, Crispy Onions, and Muenster served with Apple Slices, French Fries, a choice of Dessert, and Fountain Beverage
$19.49
Josh has a good picture of the menu board at http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/very-zoomed-in-epcot-walkabout-41917/

This was the combo I was wondering about, as it's kind of a different beast. I'm assuming you cannot get this on the QSDP with one QS credit, but I just don't know for sure. It's weird. I was just wondering if anyone had tried getting it with 1 credit?

I think you're going to have to wait until you get there and see what really is included in the combo and ask about the DDP. I have my doubts that all of that is included, but considering it is almost double the price of everything else on the menu, perhaps it is.

If it is on the menu as a combo, you can get it for 1 credit. There's a $19.99 meal at Flame Tree BBQ in AK as well and it is 1 QS credit on the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!