Quality Suites Maingate vs. Residence Inn-International

kim826

Earning My Ears
I've narrowed my search down to two hotels. We have 8 going so are looking for suites. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone could give recommendations on either the Quality Suites Maingate East or the Residence Inn Orlando - International Drive. Thanks for any help you guys can give!

I can't comment on the Residence Inn, but friends of ours were in Orlando in February and were booked to stay for a week in the Quality Suites Maingate East. They arrived late, stayed the first night, and left first thing the the next day to move to Holiday Inn Family Suites. They said the Quality Suites had a musty smell, looked worn, and their suite hadn't been cleaned properly (empty pudding cup wrappers on the floor, dirty bathroom, etc). They were very happy at HIFS though. Good luck with your search!

Hi Kim,

I have stayed at the new Residence Inn LBV and highly recommend that hotel. New last summer, 2 br 2bath thru quikbook.com

for around $l05. plus tax. Rate maybe a little higher now. Closer to Disney than the other RI.

Did you know a new RI just opened at Seaworld? I saw introductory rates on the Marriott website.

Also, did you check quality rates at the choicehotels.com website. They have lower internet rates.

Herc

We stayed at the Quality Suites Maingate East in late January
and early February. The suite had been partly renovated,
new furniture, carpets and bedding. But the unit did need
work. The tiles were chipped in places and the micro had
been replaced but the wall was not repaired. The remote
did not work in the living room and the door was hard
to open and close. They tried to fix the door .The room
was clean and not musty. There was a serious noise
problem one night by the pool. A group tour of golfers
had a little too much and became quite rowdy.
I wrote to the manager after our return and received
a nice note back stating his concern and apologies.
We have previously stayed at this location four times
and never had any problems. The free breakfast is great
and late afternoon pop,beer and wine at the pool is
convenient. The pool is super warm and inviting.
I would stay again but only if the rate was really low.
We had a special rate of $59.95 per night. If you have
any specific questions please e-mail me.

readstory@iosphere.net

Hercamore -
Did you use the shuttles at RI-LBV? We're going in two weeks. Any tips on rooms to avoid?

Thanks.

Do yourself a favour. Stay at the Residence Inn. I stayed at Quality Suites and won't again.

Thanks for all of your help. I am going with your advice and staying at the Residence Inn. It's so great getting all of this knowledgable help so quickly -- really makes the planning so much smoother!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter