Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

AuntieMe3, Glad to hear the cooler weather is by you, too! It's lovely! I actually just ordered on Wal-Mart.com long pajama pants! The summery ones I have which I love are not quite full length which is fine when it's HOT but annoying to me when it's cooler! Yikes. now is not the time to need a new fridge! I hope that works out. God Bless your uncle and I thank him for his mail service! ITA about being so done with all the political ads. It really was lovely to vote from home :)

Many prayers, Lynxstch, for your DGD! How scary! Enjoy your movies! Which ones did you record? :)

Last edited:
AuntieMe3, Glad to hear the cooler weather is by you, too! It's lovely! I actually just ordered on Wal-Mart.com long pajama pants! The summery ones I have which I love are not quite full length which is fine when it's HOT but annoying to me when it's cooler! Yikes. now is not the time to need a new fridge! I hope that works out. God Bless your uncle and i thank him for his mail service! ITA about being so done with all the political ads. It really was lovely to vote from home :)

Many prayers, Lynxstch, for your DGD! How scary! Enjoy your movies! Which ones did you record? :)

Thank you for the prayers..I have Jingle Bell Christmas and Christmas Unwrapped waiting to tape tonite, and last nite's was Christmas On Ice. Lifetime has new ones either every Thurs and Fri or Fri and Sat, can't remember which. I usually tape them the first time they are on and then watch them as I get to them. Sometime's its Valentines Day by the time I get through all of them, lol!

@AuntieMe3 We just had a brand new HVAC system put in this week, so hoping nothing like that happens to us. Lucky that your repair guy came out to see what was going on!

Replying here instead of the other post. Our house was built in 1979 and our HVAC unit was original to the house so it was pretty old.( I mean, younger than me but old for an HVAC system...:laughing:) Our homeowners insurance paid for a brand new unit and I feel safe with it. Its all the other "old" stuff in the house I worry about.

Thanks, Lynxstch. I'll have to look those up.

That's awesome your homeowners insurance paid for a new HVAC unit, AuntieMe3. This apartment building is ancient and has not been maintained. I do sometimes get concerned about that.

It's cool and gray this Saturday. Good day to watch some Christmas movies 🎄I DVR-ed last night Christmas a la Mode and A Very Vintage Christmas.

Stepdaughter finally answered my text asking how Lily was doing today. She said she's tired, but good, no more seizures. She didn't want to worry us yesterday by telling us that she actually had 5 seizures. A young girl like that does not have that many seizures in one day when there isn't something wrong. She said they are trying to get her into Morgantown first thing Monday morning to have another MRI and EEG and EKG done there. Off to fix dinner..leftover shepherds pie and salad. Then it's some tv and then bed. Have a great Saturday evening.. Hard to believe that we are heading into the last week of October, and that Halloween and 'set the clocks back' is only 1 week away :(

I'll be keeping your granddaughter in my thoughts for sure lynxstch! Fingers crossed they solve it soon -

I'm exhausted, and it's all my own fault. Decided to rejoin the Y, wen to my first class this morning. Lets just say...I was out of my element. Oh, I kept up, barely, but it kicked my butt and then some. My legs are all wobbly and I'm sure it will be near to impossible for me to get out of bed in the morning!:crazy2::flower:
Then I headed up north to The Third Circle of Hell aka Costco mid day on a Saturday. Lets just say there were a lot of Costco employees hearing it about the lack of hot chocolate bombs ....(Costco came out with hot chocolate bombs, I think a 12 pack, for holiday season and they were all about them in their last ad, turns out they are only available online, and in limited quantities on some southern Costco's. The old folks this AM in the store we.not.having.it!) Admittedly they were on my list, if I had seen them! Picked up the cheese they carry there we like, coffee, laundry soap and assorted other odds & ends I didn't really need (turkey brine, sweatshirt, onion soup) and grabbed the bald one a shirt jacket & heavy shirt. Sometimes they have Orvis stuff in Costco and when they do I usually pick it up for him - there stuff is very well-wearing and holds up good - plus Costco price = cheaper than Orvis store prices!
Popped into Marshalls/Home Goods and Michaels to eye ball a fake tree for this year but didn't pull the trigger.
Last stop was the farmers market butcher for some ground lamb, but they were out. I picked up a few extra turkey wings (Thanksgiving staple for us), and headed home.
I think I'm going to indulge myself with a vodka club and a soak in the tub, topped off by a terrible movie & a cinnabon roll for dinner.

PollyannaMom, I just have the vague memory of liking it last year so that's why I recorded it again :) It was cheesy but sweet! I hope you enjoyed it, too :)

Oh no! :( Many prayers indeed Lynxstch for Lily and you, my friend, as well! I still wish we would keep one time all year round! The time change always throws me off! Besides, It will get dark or light when God wants it to!

Easyas123, proud of you for going to the Y! Definitely take it easy tonight!

We made it to the beach house. It is smaller and a little older but clean, well appointed and perfect for the two of us. We can see the ocean from the deck and are sitting here now with the windows open listening to the waves breaking. I love it.

Had a nice lunch in Cape Charles. No more fast food stops now that we found this town.

@lynxstch , prayers for your granddaughter.

@easyas123, sounds like Christiana Mall area and Middletown.

I know it was mentioned on Tuesday, but I just finished The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson, and I thought it was a wonderful, worthwhile read. I grew up in Newark, NJ one of the places the migrants came to. This book gave me a lot to think about.

The book was worth the time it took! 5/5

We made it to the beach house. It is smaller and a little older but clean, well appointed and perfect for the two of us. We can see the ocean from the deck and are sitting here now with the windows open listening to the waves breaking. I love it.

Jealous Jealous here!

Had a nice lunch in Cape Charles. No more fast food stops now that we found this town.

@lynxstch , prayers for your granddaughter.
Thank you so much!

@easyas123, sounds like Christiana Mall area and Middletown.

I know it was mentioned on Tuesday, but I just finished The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson, and I thought it was a wonderful, worthwhile read. I grew up in Newark, NJ one of the places the migrants came to. This book gave me a lot to think about.

The book was worth the time it took! 5/5
Glad to hear this. I just bought this to read for a group at church. It looks daunting.

Good morning everyone! Its 46 outside now, but they are calling for a high today of 43, definitely will be a chilly fall day. Furnace kicked on this morning and heated the house within 10 minutes, so at least we know it works. Had it set on 68 overnite, and when I got up= it was showing exactly 68 so it might have been ready to kick on , but I pushed it up to 70 just to see, and it came right on. Within 10 minutes it was so warm in here, I had to push it back down to 68, lol!
Patriots and Packers are both playing today, so that will probably be our afternoon tv. Making homemade New England clam chowder with crusty rolls and salad for dinner tonite.
Granddaughter made it thru yesterday with no more seizures, hoping for the same for today.
Have a wonderful Sunday all..last Sunday of the month !!!

So glad your granddaughter didn't have any more bad experiences yesterday Lynxstch. Fingers crossed they get to the bottom of it.

Dogs got up at 5 this morning, so I put them out for a bit an when they came back in I went back to bed till 8:30 - a rare treat for me! I overdid it to much yesterday, and I had to talk myself into physically rolling out of the bed...same with sitting down. If I sit down I'm planning on being there a while ha ha!! I have a ton of house work that needs to be done, not to mention Mt. Laundry in the bedroom., but honestly I'm thinking I may just have a bit of a lazy day, do a bit here & there but not overdo it. It's cold & dreary here as well, which lends itself perfectly to a do-nothing kinda day. I checked the TV guide, and of course there isn't much on. I'm anti anything Christmas until after I'm done the Thanksgiving dishes, so maybe I'll try to find something Thanksgiving or Halloweenish on (that isn't Hocus Pocus!) but I'm not sure I'll have great luck.
I'm not sure of the temp, but there is a cold rain coming down and I heard weather guy say high today will be 49. If I was smart I would have brought some firewood up, but I didn't. If it gets chilly in the house later maybe I'll shanghai the youngest to bring me up some firewood.

Have a great Sunday everyone, whichever direction your day takes you.

Happy Sunday All

That is wonderful to hear, Lynxstch! Prayers Lily does and feels well today and that indeed this week ahead her doctor's find the cause!

Easyas123, extra sleep is always lovely especially when most needed, glad you got some :)

Cool again here. Next Sunday will be November, amazing!

Hug to all and enjoy this day :)

I checked the TV guide, and of course there isn't much on. I'm anti anything Christmas until after I'm done the Thanksgiving dishes, so maybe I'll try to find something Thanksgiving or Halloweenish on (that isn't Hocus Pocus!) but I'm not sure I'll have great luck.

Hocus Pocus is about my limit for Halloween movies, so I don't know about any really scary ones on today. But if you have HBO, Yesterday is on at 1:15, and (though it has nothing to do with either holiday you mentioned) it was really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!