Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Sorry to barge in!!!

Has anyone heard of this book series? Is this the first book? I'm a "touch" older than the suggested demographic, but sounds kind of neat, especially when we have to stay in for a while..

https://books.disney.com/book/so-this-is-love/

No barging in at all! I don't know the answer to your question. I looked and read but can't tell. It looks like it a stand alone but big series of the books if makes sense. That's super cool though because I didn't even know they had such books! Let us know how it is.

Happy Saturday ya'll.
It's stormy here and humid in Indiana today. I swear all this pandemic stuff is going to turn me into germaphobe and hypochondriac. We went to ATM and I was wiping it all down before touching it and then wiping my hands and card before touching anything else in the car and then washing my hands at home. This too much for the country girl who'd pick things off the tree and eat it or probably ate a lot of dirt in her time.

I didn't make shrimp tacos last night so spicy shrimp tacos for tonight with pineapple coleslaw and avocado salad on the side.

Here's a weird note....my Matt got an email asking about interest going back to active duty. I'm like asking can we say no?? Is this going to be a thing I have to worry about and how the hell does this work with him being retired. Beyond my control and I can't worry about it. I'm too worried trying not to touch the buttons at the ATM and then pissed off that I'm worried about touching the buttons at the ATM.

So how's everyone else doing? I feel like I'm boring ya'll with the dear diary of the Matt and Tina show.

3 things I'm thankful for today:

1. My deployment exeperience. I feel all that time of waiting and worrying has prepped for me be able to put my head down and just get through this.
2. The post office people. I needed to mail my mom and her roommate a goody box with this, that and the other and I'm glad that they still making things happen so I could get something to her.
3. Normal everyday boring people. I like normal everyday people who are doing the best they can and not trying to bring the world down with them right now.

My niece who is a Nurse in the Army Reserves was just called yesterday to report for a 3 month deployment. She has to report to Maryland (from the tri-state area) today and then will be told where she is being sent.

MJ

Bored, it's the word of the day around here, too!

Son is National Guard in MD - he was made active on Tuesday, and he told us they asked if anyone was or had been sick. He had a bit of a cough from a cold but mostly seasonal allergies, so said so. Anyway, they segregated all the guys IN ONE ROOM, together.
Including the guy who reported having been in contact with two people who had positive tests....he was fine, but they had him in the room/close contact with everyone AFTER he told them....honestly:guilty: don't understand what the powers that be were thinking.
My son got sent home for 2 weeks. We will see what happens a week from Tuesday.

Shepherd's Pie for us this evening.

ground lamb
onion, carrot, beef stock, tomato paste, thyme, worcestershire, red wine. No Peas in mine :)!
top w/ mashed potatoes...no cheese.

Spirited discussion between my husband, the dogs & I as to if we are watching Frozen2, Dr. Dolittle or Jumani 2 this evening.

Comfort movies? I wouldn't necessarily think of these as comfort ,rather than comfortable - that is something we know by heart and enjoy but don't need to be in front of to watch, rather have on as background. For us that would be any LOTR or Harry Potter movie.

Bored, it's the word of the day around here, too!

Son is National Guard in MD - he was made active on Tuesday, and he told us they asked if anyone was or had been sick. He had a bit of a cough from a cold but mostly seasonal allergies, so said so. Anyway, they segregated all the guys IN ONE ROOM, together.
Including the guy who reported having been in contact with two people who had positive tests....he was fine, but they had him in the room/close contact with everyone AFTER he told them....honestly:guilty: don't understand what the powers that be were thinking.
My son got sent home for 2 weeks. We will see what happens a week from Tuesday.

Shepherd's Pie for us this evening.

ground lamb
onion, carrot, beef stock, tomato paste, thyme, worcestershire, red wine. No Peas in mine :)!
top w/ mashed potatoes...no cheese.

Spirited discussion between my husband, the dogs & I as to if we are watching Frozen2, Dr. Dolittle or Jumani 2 this evening.

Comfort movies? I wouldn't necessarily think of these as comfort ,rather than comfortable - that is something we know by heart and enjoy but don't need to be in front of to watch, rather have on as background. For us that would be any LOTR or Harry Potter movie.

What are the dogs voting for in the Saturday night movie options?

Well I am odd.....happiest when watching a good suspense movie.
I have a lot. They do make me feel good :rotfl:

Question of the day 3/28: What's a movie you watch that brings you comfort?

I have ton of movies that I watch for comfort but one of my favorite series is the Tammy movies. The original movie has Leslie Nelson and Debbie Reynolds. I love those movies and will probably break them out soon. Tonight is going to be a comedy I think with some fresh popped popcorn.

My go to comfort movie,,and you will probably laugh, is EverAfter with Drew Barrymore. I just reminds me that if you believe, that love and magic can happen, and it has a happy ending which is what we all need these days.

I also love any old Bette Davis movies. Couldn't stand them when I was younger, now I watch them anytime they happen to be on.
Believe it or not, we still have the last 3 Harry Potter dvd's that we haven't watched yet.

Having a blah kind of day, so I am thinking maybe a comedy tonite might help lighten my mood.

Like another poster said, everyday is pretty much the same these days :(

Happy Saturday ya'll.
It's stormy here and humid in Indiana today. I swear all this pandemic stuff is going to turn me into germaphobe and hypochondriac. We went to ATM and I was wiping it all down before touching it and then wiping my hands and card before touching anything else in the car and then washing my hands at home. This too much for the country girl who'd pick things off the tree and eat it or probably ate a lot of dirt in her time.

I didn't make shrimp tacos last night so spicy shrimp tacos for tonight with pineapple coleslaw and avocado salad on the side.

Here's a weird note....my Matt got an email asking about interest going back to active duty. I'm like asking can we say no?? Is this going to be a thing I have to worry about and how the hell does this work with him being retired. Beyond my control and I can't worry about it. I'm too worried trying not to touch the buttons at the ATM and then pissed off that I'm worried about touching the buttons at the ATM.

So how's everyone else doing? I feel like I'm boring ya'll with the dear diary of the Matt and Tina show.

3 things I'm thankful for today:

1. My deployment exeperience. I feel all that time of waiting and worrying has prepped for me be able to put my head down and just get through this.
2. The post office people. I needed to mail my mom and her roommate a goody box with this, that and the other and I'm glad that they still making things happen so I could get something to her.
3. Normal everyday boring people. I like normal everyday people who are doing the best they can and not trying to bring the world down with them right now.

Tina--I am never bored with the Matt and Tina show. You started this thread, and have kept all of us entertained and feeling more like a DIS family than ever. And I for one most appreciate it. I hope that Matt does not get called back, being retired and all. You guys have already been through way too much.

I had to lol at your wiping off the ATM, as it sounded like me this morning when hubby made me stop and get him a powerball ticket and I used a latex glove so I didn't have to touch the screen! Then wiped my hands with a disinfectant wipe. Lady behind me looked at me like I was nuts. Hey it was a busy Sheetz store, how do I know who's touched that machine!

I think all of this is turning a lot of us into germaphobes and hypochondriacs, not knowing from day to day what will happen , or when. My husband was running a fever 3 days ago and you should have seen me freak out. Turns out that he had a touch of cellulitis and it only lasted a day, but all kinds of things were running thru my head for the day!

You just keep telling us your stories, complaining or rant if needed, and we'll be here for you! :grouphug:

There aren't a whole lot of movies I'll watch over and over again, I get to distracted by other stuff if I already know what's happening in the movie. But I have been watching whichever Harry Potter movie is showing when I come across it on TV. I just told my daughter I feel like I want to start reading the book series again.

As for how we're doing... :confused3
Hubby and I had a little squabble this morning over him not letting me sleep in. This isn't anything new that happens around here(not letting me sleep in...lol). Its just I'm getting anxious again and it's hard for me to fall asleep, so I was really grumpy this morning.

I feel like I'm starting to get bored and I usually LOVE being bored at home...lol I have so much I could be doing but no motivation to do any of it. I guess I just have to push myself to get something done everyday.

We're retired, so used to the days basically all being the same.
I like being home.....LOVE being home, but I don't like being told I HAVE to stay home.

Worked in the yard this morning.....we have these awful nutweeds that our yard people can't seem to get rid of, so I was out pulling them, one by one hoping to get the seed and root out. Didn't get anywhere near done.
We'll go for a walk later.

What are the dogs voting for in the Saturday night movie options?

Honestly, the dogs are leaning towards Dr. Dolittle....but as much as I love whatshisface, I can take or leave live action animals talking.
I'm leaning towards Jumani 2, because even though I know its probably not exactly a Oscar contender, it will be a decent, somewhat funny goofy movie.

I didn't post about recipes because I'm really not the one who cooks - my mother does. One of my favorite things, however, is Italian shrimp and cod. Chop a clove or 2 of garlic and saute it in a pan with some oil or butter. Add a cod filet (about 1, 1 1/2 pounds) and a can of crushed tomatoes with Italian seasoning or basil & oregano. When it's almost done, add a pound of shrimp. It's done when the fish flakes and the shrimp is pink. I like it over linguine.

I haven't had the best couple of days. Earlier this week, my mother got a notion to make a homemade pizza. So we tried it Thursday night, and because my son wanted to make it a certain way, she refused to do it and made me step in. I had no idea what he really wanted and he kept screaming about it, which frustrated me, and then Mom got mad at me and stomped off to her room for the rest of the night. She stayed up there all day yesterday, refusing to speak to me. Story of my life. This is why I can't handle a quarantine. She's always mad at me for something - for merely existing, I guess.

A week ago, her best friend, 75 years old, was taken to the hospital with symptoms of the virus. Today it was finally confirmed that she does have it. My mother hasn't seen her in several weeks. In fact, the assisted living facility has been in lockdown; the residents haven't come out of their rooms, not even for meals. They suspect she got it from either the dentist or the pulmonologist that she recently visited.

I have ton of movies that I watch for comfort but one of my favorite series is the Tammy movies. The original movie has Leslie Nelson and Debbie Reynolds. I love those movies and will probably break them out soon. Tonight is going to be a comedy I think with some fresh popped popcorn.
Stuff from my childhood/high school years always bring me comfort. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, This Is Spinal Tap, Wayne's World. In fact, Wayne's World is the main reason my son knows and loves Queen/Bohemian Rhapsody, and he will often quote "Be excellent to each other..." :)

Making the risotto I put off making the other night, as we ordered pizza instead. LOL It's not as hard as people seem to think. It's prep intensive and laborous, but it is easy.

I like this one:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/fontina-risotto-with-chicken-recipe-1972722
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups arborio rice
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup dry white wine
Kosher salt
1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup coarsely grated fontina cheese, plus more for garnish
8 ounces deli-smoked chicken breast, diced (about 1 1/4 cups) **I use rotisserie chicken or leftover baked chicken, and sometimes I skip the meat altogether
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley

1. Bring the broth and 4 cups water to a simmer in a saucepan; keep warm.
  2. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion; cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and thyme; cook, stirring, until the rice is glossy, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Add 1 teaspoon Kosher salt. Ladle in the hot broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, allowing all of the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Continue until the rice is just tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
  3. Remove the thyme. Stir in the parmigiano, the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in the fontina and chicken. Reserve about 2 cups risotto for Risotto Cakes. Divide the rest among bowls; top with parsley and more fontina

For movies, I will watch Miracle on 34th Street (either version) when I need a happy ending movie. Sound of Music is another one. I think because my whole family, even my dad, watched them together when I was a child.

I'll put on Clue for a no pressure, haha movie. I'll add the new Jumanji movies to this category; they were pretty funny.

For blow-em-up, kick booty movies, can't beat Die Hard 1 & 2; Fast & Furious; The Bourne movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter