Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I would need to see the "nut" part though. Ours are not in grass (we have turf), they are in the rocks and they are the pods that drop from the palm tree in summer. They started growing in the fall and just won't go away.
Oh, okay. Not a weed growing in the grass.

We just had dinner, turkey tacos. I'm glad I froze flour tortillas in small packages, worked fine.

Comfort movies:
Searching for Bobbie Fischer
Mary Poppins
Babette's Feast

And a Hallmark channel Christmas movie honorable mention:
Mrs Miracle

If it wasn't so early in the morning, I would probably try it at Walmart. Our local Martins stores (Giant), do the senior hour every day from 6-7, but I'm not getting up that early just to fight the crowds. I found the stores to be a lot more well stocked than they were last weekend. And not crowded at all, and there were plenty of 'Seniors' there ( I was one of them, lol!) I hope you can find everything you need!

I am up that early anyway.
Our grocery store was quite managable on Thursday when I went and last time I went to Walmart, it was very empty anyway

I also enjoy Hallmark (and general :) Christmas movies. A new (to me) Hallmark movie that I don't remember the name but last year there was a movie about an antique store. One of the best friends who co-owned the place came across donated items that led them on a hunt to find the owner. Some of the acting wasn't the best and it was a bit dragged out but the ending was very sweet. I also watched part of one of the Christmas at Evergreen movies and enjoyed that. As an FYI, it seems like during this time on weekends, Hallmark is airing Christmas movies!

Three good things today:

Very grateful to God that an elderly church friend does not have the Corona Virus. I am praying her husband will now be able to visit her in the hospital.

Enjoyable text/chat with a friend.

Playing Scattergories (and making up some replacement categories such as replacing a more yucky to me answer inducing (thinking creepy crawlies) "Things you don't want to find in your house" with "Disney Character" Anyone have some home-made/thought of ideas for categories? :)

Last edited:
Iffy weather today. Seemed like it would rain from early in the morning till sundown but never did.

Regular housekeeping day and made a few quarts of vegetable broth as I realized it was needed when organising the chest freezer.
Dinner tonight was chicken and cornmeal dill dumplings which took care of a lot of leftover veggies and the last of the roast chicken.
Mango fool for dessert; so simple to make and works with most any fruit.

My all time favorite movie good for most any occasion is the 1930's version of "The Women". I can listen to those women banter forever.

Our local Martins stores (Giant), do the senior hour every day from 6-7, but I'm not getting up that early just to fight the crowds.
I had no idea that Martin's was so widespread. We have one in Rising Sun in Cecil County but had never heard of others. I know you are in western MD, so I googled them. There are a lot in your area. Who knew?

I'm so glad I found somewhere to get away from all the other talk!

I'm Melissa and I'm relatively new to the boards. I'm getting pretty restless being stuck inside, it's going to rain here for a while. I've been cooking and baking like a madwoman the past few weeks, I'm in Washington so we've been stuck for a while.

So far today I made pie crust for chicken pot pie tomorrow, cinnamon rolls, and a creamy Cajun pasta for dinner. I don't have any shows to binge watch so I'm looking through the thread for ideas.

Hope everyone had a wonderful evening!

I'm so glad I found somewhere to get away from all the other talk!

I'm Melissa and I'm relatively new to the boards. I'm getting pretty restless being stuck inside, it's going to rain here for a while. I've been cooking and baking like a madwoman the past few weeks, I'm in Washington so we've been stuck for a while.

So far today I made pie crust for chicken pot pie tomorrow, cinnamon rolls, and a creamy Cajun pasta for dinner. I don't have any shows to binge watch so I'm looking through the thread for ideas.

Hope everyone had a wonderful evening!
When I think I've been hovering around the house too long your post reminds me that your state has been at it longer, and w/o the heads up so many of us had.
I thought about making tonight's dinner into a pot pie but but err was just too lazy; glad you accomplished it.

Have fun enjoying your newly found free time!

Question of the day 3/28: What's a movie you watch that brings you comfort?

Like many others said, the Harry Potter movies! DH often comes to bed and finds I've fallen asleep with one on.

...and he will often quote "Be excellent to each other..." :)

I love that quote too!

And a Hallmark channel Christmas movie honorable mention:

Mine would be Journey Back to Christmas.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6269192/

I still have it in my DVR from a few Christmases ago, and re-watch it every year!

Come to think of it, I have a couple movies I recorded this year and never got to. - I may have to pull out my "Hallmark Christmas movies watching shirt" and binge them!

Playing Scattergories (and making up some replacement categories such as replacing a more yucky to me answer inducing (thinking creepy crawlies) "Things you don't want to find in your house" with "Disney Character" Anyone have some home-made/thought of ideas for categories? :)

Love that you make up your own categories! We may have to try that.

I love movies so just the act of immersing in a good movie brings me comfort but for favorites.....I love Shawshank Redemption.

For lighthearted watching I always loved the original Willie Wonka and Chocolate Factory and of course any of the Disney movies.

Another is a movie called White Squall with Jeff Bridges that is so good. It is a coming of age story of a group of boys who spend a year at sea on a schooner for school. Jeff Bridges is the Captain and his wife is the teacher. Love that movie!

MJ

Love the shirt, Pollyanna Mom! :) Adding the categories makes the game more fun though it can be hard to think of so many depending how many you change! Also I literally cut white labels to fit over the already printed category question that took a lot of effort and labels lol but something to do as well. Of course you could just make a brand new list on paper! :)

I was temped to get that shirt before Christmas for DD. She loves Hallmark Christmas movies, but she doesn't get the channel anymore. I thought it might make her sad to see it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!