Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Sunday to all. Peace be with all.

Another week down and done and even if we don't know when, we are another day closer to this thing being over. I read something this morning and then our Pastor mentioned it as well. We feel stuck at home that we want to be able to go and do and experience. I know I have felt that way for the last few days. It's about changing to we are safe at home. That caused me to stop and say yes. Safe at home is making difference to others who cannot be safe at home. I can do that for others. It's doing my part.

I'm working on Accounting homework. I'm really good with touchy feely, giving good hugs and kick in the butt when needed. I may not be the best for understanding why everything needs to balance. in an equation. This should be interesting say the least. I'm not that patience with such and used to the Army accounting, which has broken me from real accounting.

Last night we watched the original Trolls. Such a cute movie. Apparently Matt wants me to dress like Poppy the pink troll for Halloween. That's what I need...pink hair coloring sprayed in. I said sure because he'll look great with tall blue hair and being the other troll.

Dinner tonight is Dorito casserole with roasted veggies. It's not the least bit healthy for you and I've been trying to hold back on the comfort foods but tonight is we are having comfort food. This afternoon I'm going to watch an Elvis movie. I LOVE Elvis movies. Oh and I'm a Hallmark movie channel watcher too. If you have cable on demand, it seems Hallmark has opened up locked vault of movies to watch right now. By far my favorite is with Betty White called Valentine Day or something similar. I cry every time I watch it so good.

For those that have channel FOX tonight at 9pm EST Elton John is hosting an at home concert/fundraiser with all kinds of famous people participating. Might be good way to remember we are all in the suck together.

3 things I'm grateful for today:

1. Our church family still trying to come together in these times where we aren't present together under one roof
2. You all awesome people keeping this conversation going and sharing and helping be supportive. I need a safe place in the time of chaos.
3. I'm thankful my husband's grandma is trying her best to keep her spirits up even though she is alone and grieving the recent loss of her husband of 67 years. She knows we love her and want her around as long we can.

Now to the question...

Question for 3/29: What are ya'll watching on tv?
I saw someone asking what others watching on tv. Share good things to watch.

1. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist--cute easy show with lots of intertwined segments
2. Masked Singer---it's crazy how I'm addicted to wanting to know who is in a flower/bunny/unicorn/whatever costume
3. Bob heart Abishola--on CBS. This was the first season and I love it. So sweet
4. The Unicorn--on CBS. A dad recovering from the loss of his wife and his really involved friends trying to help
5. Austin 911-- I don't do lot of medical/police/fire dramas but I love Rob Lowe. I like the show quite bit.

I'm currently marathoning Nip/Tuck again. The live shows I do catch are: Miracle Workers Dark Age and The Magicians.

Other shows I like:
Superstore
This is Us
Brooklyn 99 (though I need to catch up)
Admittedly, these two are more niche ones that I'm not sure why I follow, but I do: Grown-ish and The Bold Type

Weirdly, since being put on total-lockdown for 14 days after returning from international travel, we've actually been watching less tv than we normally would have. I can't even explain it. :confused3 We just don't have the attention span, nothing seems to hold our interest the way it used to, I'm working from home 8 hours a day and it requires my full concentration, our other devices are constantly chirping alerts from friends and family...just a ton of reasons, I guess.

Some of the things we've tried to get into are:
Hunters (on Amazon Prime)
Self-Made (on Netflix)
Restaurant Impossible (about a dozen of them on our DVR)
At least three movies a day that we don't get past the first 30 minutes of.

I like Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and The Unicorn.
I've been watching Survivor, mostly for the scenery.
This Is Us, A Million Little Things, and Council of Dad's.
Manifest, but it has gotten weird. It's like Lost in that I have the time invested now and I want to see where it ends up.
During the week, I watch some movies on Hallmark or UpTV. I only like Christmas movies at Christmas so skip Hallmark on the weekends.
In the evening we default to reruns of Golden Girls or Everyone Loves Raymond. Basic mindless humor.

Gratitudes:
1. Not only was church online again today but they keep making improvements. Today they had someone there to sing the hymns so it wasn't just the organ. And after, there was a Zoom fellowship hour.
2. Plenty of food and drink.
3. So far, (Knock on wood) everyone staying healthy.

We did have a weekend stay booked at an inn in Chincotegue for the end of April which the Inn called and cancelled.

This week I watched:
Days of Our Lives
The Young and the Restless
General Hospital
Survivor
Ru Paul’s Drag Race
And lots of news

I'm not avid Days of our Lives watcher but do tune in here and there. I LOVED watching with my grandpa when I was a child. Mrs. Horton was the best. I always think of her on the back of Bo's motorcycle trying to break up Hope's wedding.

I was really a GH watcher during my husband's first deployment. I would work all day and come home to make dinner watch Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals (I was learning to cook at that time) and then watched GH and One Life to Live afterwards on the Soap Net.

Do you have Netflix? AJ and the Queen is super awesome with RuPaul and lots other Queens.

Weirdly, since being put on total-lockdown for 14 days after returning from international travel, we've actually been watching less tv than we normally would have. I can't even explain it. :confused3 We just don't have the attention span, nothing seems to hold our interest the way it used to, I'm working from home 8 hours a day and it requires my full concentration, our other devices are constantly chirping alerts from friends and family...just a ton of reasons, I guess.

Some of the things we've tried to get into are:
Hunters (on Amazon Prime)
Self-Made (on Netflix)
Restaurant Impossible (about a dozen of them on our DVR)
At least three movies a day that we don't get past the first 30 minutes of.

We've had lot trouble getting settled down to watch shows and get into them as well. I think now we are getting into a routine which is helping. The first couple weeks was like "Okay, let's go and do this!!" and now we are like we have to live and make this life so settle down and let's do this in a reasonable manner.

Thank you for your interesting reply. I started watching Days with my Mom back in the mid ‘70s. Same with the others.

I like Rachael Ray but I preferred her travel shows especially $40 a Day.

I have not checked out AJ but heard it got canceled after the first season.

I also watch Will & Grace and Riverdale but they weren’t on this week.

We record a lot......all caught up for now, except I have one Prodigal Son to watch.
We are binge watching Manifest together.
I am watching Masked Singer.....just started season 3.

If they are all on tonight, we have 3 recording.....Rookie, NCIS:LA, NCIS:NO
We also have a long list of shows we will get to someday.

I also watch a lot of the food network competition shows.

Tonight's dinner is a copycat of Applebee's Chicken Rollups. I just made the pico de gallo and dipping sauce.
We have leftover cole slaw so will probably have that with it

1. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist--cute easy show with lots of intertwined segments
2. Masked Singer---it's crazy how I'm addicted to wanting to know who is in a flower/bunny/unicorn/whatever costume
3. Bob heart Abishola--on CBS. This was the first season and I love it. So sweet
4. The Unicorn--on CBS. A dad recovering from the loss of his wife and his really involved friends trying to help
5. Austin 911-- I don't do lot of medical/police/fire dramas but I love Rob Lowe. I like the show quite bit.

I watched the first episode of Zoey's Extraordinary playlist, and gave up halfway thru it. Just not my thing.
Masked Singer, we can take it or leave it. Too much banter by the mentors (or whatever they call Robin, Jenny, Ken and Nicole). I haven't heard of half of the people who are in the costumes this season, lol

Austin 911 and 911 are pretty good. I don't normally like Rob Lowe, but he grew on me in the role he played.
We are catching up on shows from the Tivo. I have the whole season of A Million Little Things to get thru. Just got caught up with Station 19 and Greys Anatomy. We have the whole season of Syfy's The Magicians to get thru, that is one weird show, but we've seen all the other seasons and this is the end, so we figured we would finish it off. Hubby is waiting for the premiere of Siren this week, another very weird show

I just cried my way through this week's premiere of Council of Dads. Don't watch it without a box of kleenex nearby. They were showing some scenes coming up from this season, and it kind of seems like the storylines from A Million Little Things at times.
Hubby is into Deputy, Seal Team, and Stumptown, none of which interest me
We have Amazon Prime, but cannot say that we have ever watching one thing on it in the 2 years we've had it, lol
Once we get thru the tivo shows, we will work on the zillion movies on DVD that are sitting in the cabinet staring at us.
Things I am thankful for today-
1. The sun is shining brightly and we are heading for 75 degrees.
2. Hubby is feeling better, had me a little scared a few days ago
3. We have a roof over our heads, are safe in our home, and have plenty of food to eat.
4. That so many Dis'ers are continuing to post daily on this thread, it's kept me going on quite a few occasions

Watching Tiger King on Netflix, if you like crazy this is a show for you!!!
McMillions is really good, its about The scandal in 2000 at McDOnalds with the Monopoly game. Airing on HBO

People have pretty much covered my favorites:

Call the Midwife premieres tonight!
So excited for that!!

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
Love this, too!

This is Us
Another favorite of mine!! We have a discussion thread here on the DIS if you want to join in: This is Us - Season 4

Council of Dads
Watched the pilot and set the DVR for the series. It looks really good!

I've been watching this one all season as well.

Station 19 and Greys Anatomy
So good this week!! At first, I just watched Grey's, and I was resisting being pulled into Station 19, but now I like it.

Occasionally, we'll watch Love It or List It, or I'll put something educational on PBS.

Otherwise, I'm leaning toward old comfortable shows from my childhood - like The Brady Bunch.

I'm not one who likes total silence, so I tend to have the TV (or at least a music channel) on even if I'm not actually "watching" it.

Last edited:

Besides the usual (Grey's, Station 19, NCIS...all of which I am not very interested in this season; both 911 shows, which are definitely not 'factually based')...

Comedy specials on Netflix.
The Dean Martin Roasts on Amazon. It's definitely dated humor.

Rewatching The Newsroom (love that show).

Was lazy and made fish sticks, tater tots and veggies for lunch (which is our dinner, lol). I did make chocolate chip cookies, based off Alton Brown's recipe. These things are super cakey and not overly sweet (I used dark chocolate).

https://recipeforperfection.com/alton-brown-chocolate-chip-cookies/
  • 1 cup unsalted butter equal to two sticks, or 16 tablespoons
  • 2 1/2 cups bread flour plus more, see next line down
  • 3 tablespoons bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus extra for garnish
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
  2. Sift the all of the flour, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl. Set aside.
  3. In a pourable bowl or cup, whisk together the egg, the yolk, the milk, and the vanilla extract until combined. Set aside.
  4. Add the melted butter to the work bowl of your stand mixer. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
  5. Reduce speed to low and slowly pour in the liquid mixture. Mix for about 30 seconds, or until incorporated.
  6. Add the flour mixture a little at a time (still on low speed), stopping to scrape down the sides of the work bowl occasionally, until incorporated. Don't overmix. The cookie dough will be very soft and gooey.
  7. Stop the mixer. Add the chocolate chips to the work bowl and stir in. Press plastic wrap to the top of the cookie dough to prevent drying, and seal the top of the bowl with more plastic wrap to make sure the batter doesn't dry out. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
  8. Preheat to 375 F. Scoop out 1 1/2 ounce portions of cookie dough on parchment paper lined cookie sheets (limit the number of cookies to 6 per sheet). The cookie dough mounds should be tall, not flattened (the shape of short cylinders standing on end works best). Garnish each mound with a little sea salt, very gently pressing the salt on to make it stick.
  9. Bake for about 15 minutes. Slide the cookies on the parchment on to racks to cool.

Hi everyone :wave2:

I've been trying to peek in on this thread because I think it's an excellent idea! Thank you, Tina, for starting it! I haven't been on the Community Board in a while now.

This is basically what we watch (mostly DVR-ed and watched later):

We binge-watched the first 2 seasons of the Masked Singer
American Idol
Good Girls
A few shows on Discovery; Gold Rush, Forged In Fire
Lots of shows on the Food Network: Spring Bakery Championship, Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay, etc
Schitt'$ Creek (final season :( )
The Profit
Survivor
American Housewife
The Goldbergs
Schooled
Black-ish
Mixed-ish
The Curse of Oak Island (guys, please find *something* substantial already!!!)
How To Get Away With Murder (series finale soon :( )
Homestead Rescue
MacGyver
Hawaii Five-0 (I love this show; series finale is next week)
90 Day Fiancé (and all of its offshoots. Don't judge. LOL)
Married At First Sight (what a bunch of train wrecks)
Below Deck, and its various offshoots.
My husband watches The Walking Dead.

We need some good tv recommendations! We have Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime, and expanded cable (HBO, etc).

Hi everyone :wave2:

I've been trying to peek in on this thread because I think it's an excellent idea! Thank you, Tina, for starting it! I haven't been on the Community Board in a while now.

This is basically what we watch (mostly DVR-ed and watched later):

We binge-watched the first 2 seasons of the Masked Singer
American Idol
Good Girls
A few shows on Discovery; Gold Rush, Forged In Fire
Lots of shows on the Food Network: Spring Bakery Championship, Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay, etc
Schitt'$ Creek (final season :( )
The Profit
Survivor
American Housewife
The Goldbergs
Schooled
Black-ish
Mixed-ish
The Curse of Oak Island (guys, please find *something* substantial already!!!)
How To Get Away With Murder (series finale soon :( )
Homestead Rescue
MacGyver
Hawaii Five-0 (I love this show; series finale is next week)
90 Day Fiancé (and all of its offshoots. Don't judge. LOL)
Married At First Sight (what a bunch of train wrecks)
Below Deck, and its various offshoots.
My husband watches The Walking Dead.

We need some good tv recommendations! We have Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime, and expanded cable (HBO, etc).

I am so sad about this show going off the air. It's one of my favorites, and I have been an Alex O'Loughlin fan since I first saw him play a vampire on Moonlight. He is my one and only celebrity crush, lol!

Thinking about it, we watch a lot of TV... :laughing:
My regular recorded shows are NCIS, Bull, This is Us, The Masked Singer, 911. Love Hallmark movies...

Hubby watches Supernatural and The Blacklist so I watch those too when he does...lol

Together we watch The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul...we LOVE crime shows on ID and OWN. Live PD and 48 hours on A&E.

Our daughter doesn't watch nearly as much as we do. LoL Nothing we watch...lol... most of her stuff she gets from the streaming services. We pay for Netflix and Amazon prime...she pays for Hulu and Disney+.

Currently mixing up my regular diet of TCM with a new to me PBS channel of the arts and in depth interviews with artisans.
Caught up to date w/ "Homeland", "Outlander", "West World".
Streaming Endeavor Morse, The American Experience, and Nova.

Right now watching "Jacques Pepin: Heart and Soul"; the episode is called "Just Ducky" so DGD fled the room:lmao:.

A day at home and nobody threatened to kill the other;).

Tonight's dinner is panko crusted pork chops and skillet sauteed radishes. Side salad and a lemon mousseline for dessert (thanks, Jacques!)
https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes...ype=recipe-page&region=Recently Viewed&rank=3

Last edited:

We've been watching a LOT of kids' stuff on TV lately! As I write this, we are watching Kung Fu Panda and will be watching Kung Fu Panda 2 next. Last night we watched Hotel Transylvania 3. Josh is very into the Lego movies since we went to Legoland; Lego Batman is his favorite. He also likes one particular block of PBS shows - Molly of Denali, Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum (which I also REALLY enjoy!), and Odd Squad.

During a regular week, DH and I watch:
Prodigal Son
Bull
Manifest
NCIS
The Masked Singer
The Magicians
Young Sheldon
Doctor Who

We really like Evil, which is now on hiatus. I also watched Emergence; it was okay and I personally think it's not going to last. We also try to watch things on Netflix and last night, we just finished...um, a certain type of "Creek" (I don't know if I can write the word here...about the Rose Family who lost their fortune and were forced to move into a small town and live in the local motel). Some of the other shows on Netflix that we really liked were The Haunting of Hill House and Stranger Things.

And you'll never be able to pull me away from The People's Court. Since it tapes here in CT, it's on my bucket list to attend one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter