Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Question of the day: 6/1: What tv show would ya'll live in for a week?

This is weird and random question I know. Just trying to keep things "light." I asked my husband and he said NFL superbowl week..he not dumb lol

I don't know. As weird as it says I'd think Today Show. I like all the variety of hosts and the cooking segments and other variety acts. I'd get to meet people, hear the latest stories and if I did good be on the news.

If I'm picking fiction show, I'd probably pick evil character on soap opera. I could be super hot, with super hot guys and be quite devious to others!

The Goldbergs. What I wouldn't give to be back in the 80s (but knowing what I know now).

Good Josh Gad video about LOTR. Amazing interviews

I love his Reunited Apart videos! We've also watched The Goonies and Back to the Future ones.

My poor cat is home from the vets, with a dumb looking cone on his head that has to stay on for 3 weeks, till they take the stitch and the canula out. But at least he's home where he belongs and doesn't quite hate us. He started purring 2 seconds after being out of the cat carrier and us petting him, lol! His 2 furbuddies, who seemed to miss him while he was gone, don't seem to care that he's home though, lol!

There is a show on Britbox called Closer to God. It is about people in a retirement home. The female lead is a wise cracking, sarcastic old lady, finding all the bad issues with the retirement home and calling them out on it. She is also very sarcastic about being old and what comes along with it. I love her! I told DH she is my role model for when I get older except no retirement home please. One week there with her would be fun. In one episode she was "babysitting" her niece's sports car. She decided to take it for a ride. She and her male neighbor sped down the highway to Brighton, eventually being pulled over by the police. The show was so funny.

Breezy Carol and Pea, continued prayers to both of your sons!

Prayers for us all and our world. We are under another 4pm curfew today. We get a daily recorded message from the city with this information. It said today, the curfew will be daily until further notice :( So many, many prayers for peace.

Today has felt a little long and timeless, also as though it must be later in the week than only Tuesday! This could be because I was up super early this morning. Dad got to Pavilions just after they opened for senior hour and was told to come back in half an hour. The store was still cleaning up from damage :( He did make use of this time very well by grabbing a container of wipes at Ralph's (not far away) He went back to Pavilions so busy morning for him. I also so pray the days of him needing to be up and out so early to shop will be over sooner than later. We are both, of course, so grateful to God to continue to get what we need.

Tuesday gratitude:

I finished this morning re-making some scrapbook albums. I truly took care and time to go through each saved piece and picture to be sure it truly brought me cheer to see and keep. I am pleased by this scrapbook paring down to have acquired 2 1/2 scrapbooks (old and now empty) for future use. Something positive to think about filling them with new memories :)

We literally have been washing money during this time (disinfecting wipe). I still save coins a small plastic jar. Thanks to this was able to get an Amazon e-gift code from a Coinstar Machine. We used it toward a couple book treats :)

Texting a good friend Happy Birthday and later learning God indeed had her birthday package from me delivered today.

Last edited:
The man went far afield today: Coney Island. Walked the boardwalk , watched the waves, and of course, stopped at Nathan's. It was colder and windier there so shock and surprise he bought a bowl of New England chowder with lots of oyster crackers instead of a couple of hot dogs; so proud he's actually listening to his doctor.

I did some house chores, bit of reading, and answered the phone. Had a marathon with Euro friends doing the "pandemic checkup"; modern technology can be so fantastic at times. Me and mine are fine and the same for them which is great news to hear.
Finally heard from a friend closer to home. She's living in a rehab facility and her cell broke so hadn't spoke to her in a good month. She was just as cheerful as usual.

Wasn't surprised the man passed on dinner so just added some chicken and vegetables to consomme and that made a nice meal for me.

There is a show on Britbox called Closer to God. It is about people in a retirement home. The female lead is a wise cracking, sarcastic old lady, finding all the bad issues with the retirement home and calling them out on it. She is also very sarcastic about being old and what comes along with it. I love her! I told DH she is my role model for when I get older except no retirement home please. One week there with her would be fun. In one episode she was "babysitting" her niece's sports car. She decided to take it for a ride. She and her male neighbor sped down the highway to Brighton, eventually being pulled over by the police. The show was so funny.

Are you talking about Waiting for God by any chance? I have loved that show for years, especially the guy who runs the place and his assistant who has such a crush on him. There are a lot of great British comedies from the 80’s and 90’s. I used to watch One Foot in the Grave, May to December, As Time Goes By (which I have on DVD), classics like Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served, and more up to date ones like Coupling. Great stuff!

I can't think of any shows I would want to live in right now...I kinda like some dark shows...lol

Hubby was supposed to go to the SF area for work but they ended up sending him home(after he made the long drive... 👎 ) because of the unrest and he ended up in San Diego area instead. His hotel is right on the beach, really wish I could've went with him now. :laughing:

We've had protests but nothing unruly locally, just rumors of stuff that really didn't happen. We don't have an official curfew but a lot of our stores are closing early "just in case", so i ran to the store earlier and was pleasantly surprised everything seemed back to normal with their stock....there was even toilet paper, paper towels and dry pasta which were still bare aisles a few weeks ago. So that made me happy...

Since hubby is gone, I got us some take out from a fish taco place. I got the fish tacos and my daughter got a chicken bowl she loves from there. Hubby loves it there so when he's home is a super expensive meal....he usually orders too much so we usually get it when he's not home. :laughing:

It is Waiting for God. I keep thinking Closer to God. I guess if you are waiting for God you may also be closer to God too. Oh well, all the issues of the world are making me lose my mind I guess. :) I am watching all the old shows like As Time Goes By and Keeping up Appearances. Great entertainment.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I missed yesterday. Just a day. I hid from the world and read and listened to music. I'll keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.
We started watching Space Force on Netflix last night. I can easily see why people would be offended but we laughed quite a bit being military family. Quite few stereotypes of course but semi accurate and just nice distraction. I'm trying to figure out how to fill my days this summer. I'm used to working 60+ hours a week every day all day most of the summer with few days off. Now I'm home and unsure how to fill my time. In the past when I wasn't working for salary, I was still working as volunteer. At least my next internet class starts next week as distraction.

Tonight's dinner smothered pork chops and rice with steamed broccoli. Leftover cake for dessert.

Gratitude:
Blessed to have all I do and a safe family
Grateful to be able take these months off and just be
Thankful to have nice supportive group here where I can hide from the world

Be safe to all.

Question of the day 6/3: What is something you still want to learn to do?

I'm great baker. I cannot decorate cakes and have no artistic ability. I'm not handy with paints or drawing or anything of such but I really want to learn basic cake decorating at least. I'm thinking about buying a kit and supplies and watching lots videos and seeing if I can teach myself at my pace. If not, I'll start an ugly cake business at least.

I'm great baker. I cannot decorate cakes and have no artistic ability. I'm not handy with paints or drawing or anything of such but I really want to learn basic cake decorating at least. I'm thinking about buying a kit and supplies and watching lots videos and seeing if I can teach myself at my pace. If not, I'll start an ugly cake business at least.

I took a cake decorating class years and years ago, sorry to say I did learn a lot, but I never really put it to any use. I pretty much know the crafts that I wanted to learn, cross stitching, crocheting, knitting, hairpin lace, and tatting. I think I would like to learn how to do topiary on plants, but I am afraid that I would ruin too many before I figured it out, lol.

Dinner here is going to be take out from a fairly new Italian place in town. Just too hot to cook tonite (87 at the moment).
Have a lovely evening all, try and take some time and just relax, not watch the news, and just 'as Tina said--hide from the world" for a little while~

I would be right beside you in the class; I can bake up a storm, but decorating is something entirely out of my reach. LOL

Took DS up to turn in all his books yesterday, and dropped in to Fresh Market for the 2.99/lb chicken breasts. Then drove up to Dunkin Donuts to get some sweets, as they finally opened the lobby back up and I figured the drive thru wouldn't have 50 cars in it; lucked into a spot 5 cars back. They were out of cruellers and glazed and lemon filled though. :sad1: So I had to make do with sour cream old fashioned and powdered sugar covered 'Bavarian' cream; but DS got his chocolate sprinkles and was happy. Had chicken fajitas last night for dinner.

Today, I took a lazy day, and just kind of flitted back and forth between my puzzle and Amazon watching in the bedroom, and being on the computer in the living room. One of the local Chinese delivery places finally reopened last week, so bring on the delivery for dinner! Fried dumplings, crab cheese wontons, pork fried rice, white rice, orange chicken, sweet n sour pork, and finally something new to try, pork chow mein. I have been wanting good bad Chinese food (does that make sense to anyone else?) for at least a month now.

We are having a taste of summer today.

Yesterday DH and I took a 2.5 mile hike in nature. Spaghetti and salad for dinner. Today I helped clean his office. We meet with the real estate agent Friday to sign a listing agreement. Then I went to Kohl's to pick up an online order. I got a $13 tee shirt for $.99 after sales, coupons, and rewards. Love a good deal. Dinner tonight is roasted salmon, chick peas, and veggies. Bought some fresh strawberries so those with vanilla ice cream will be dessert.

I'm trying to figure out how to fill my days this summer.
I am having that problem too. I have been retired for ~18 months but had Bible study, church meetings and volunteer activities, shopping.... Now none of that. And DH is starting to be home more as he retired. We are going to have to figure this new life out. Hope travel can be started soon.

I guess if I wanted to learn something I could have by now. One of my friends taught herself to watercolor during COVID. What I would really like to learn to do is tape drywall to be able to repair the corners before repainting. Real exciting.

Gratitudes:
Sunshine
State of Maryland starting to reopen
Snapchat to see pictures of the grandkids on a regular basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter