Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Lol, Violina and welcome here :)

Tina, always good to see you. Thank you for your post! I rarely open any thread other than "ours."

Sparkle, you posted just as I was so adding this in. Enya did always help relax me, too. i pray you soon are able to safely have a girls day with your friends :)

Wishing all of you, your doggie and other animal friends, too, a safe and happy weekend with love.

Friday extra Gratitude:

Sweet email and PM from friends

Saying thank you to a UPS man as he was headed down the front stairs (after delivering me a package. He rang the bell and must have then run quick) He waved and said I was welcome :)

Looking forward to more rest tomorrow and Sunday.

Sounds fun. It's been so long since I went crabbing. Chester River or the bay?

Well, at the moment it's down near Hoopers Island/Cambridge area. But later in the season we will be able to walk out the back door and right onto the water (Southeast Creek, right off the Chester) and crab. I'm all about being able to walk off my porch, thru the field and onto the boat...you know, at a decent hour Not 3 AM!

If I wanted that, I'd watch cable news.

Man you nailed it. It seems of late, someone could start a thread entitled "should I paint my porch white or green?" and it devolves into state stats of tested vs. hospitalized and goes south from there. It's no fun. I think everyone is on edge and it shows up in the most benign of threads. People are getting their heads bitten off for no reason.

So glad for this thread.

A bit of good news for us, rain has cleared out and its windy, I'm hoping we can mow tomorrow instead of Sunday. Also good news, I found a pint of Ben & Jerrrys squirreled away in the freezer I forgot I had gotten! Peanut Butter Half Baked, thank you I think I will!

We had a surprise rain storm around 8 last nite, with a LOT of rain. ☂Sister in law in WV , 15 min away, said they had terrible thunder and lightening too. I won't have to water today! Good thing is , it cleared out some of the heat, and the high for today will be 83, intead of the mid 90's its been for almost 2 weeks. I plan on going grocery shopping this morning, tending to the garden when we get home, and then relaxing the rest of the weekend. I hope everyone takes a moment tooday to 'stop and smell the roses', we all have to take a minute for our own self care these days! Have a lovely weekend DIS family!

Got to sleep in this morning, which was nice. When I woke up I found out our AC unit had broke down overnight, not nice! Luckily for us my husband was a licensed HVAC guy in a former life so he quickly figured out what was the issue and is on his way to a supply house to pick up the part...good thing cause it is getting pretty darn humid!

Good morning.

@easyas123, it's good your husband can fix the AC. We had ours turned off yesterday. It was so nice and cool last night with a breeze. Back on today as it is getting hot and humid again. And I looked up where Southeast Creek is and you are close to Pecometh.

Two things during the storm yesterday. I noticed that the front gutter was overflowing. DH is out trying to unplug it now. And, we noticed later that we lost a big lower branch out of one of our maple trees. It's still connected to the tree but there is no saving it and it is laying on our fence. DH will need to saw it off.

No real plans for today except following DD's drive to OBX on Follow my Friend.

Good Morning and Happy Saturday to my Dis Family :)

Please indeed keep well and cool this weekend and as Lynxstch said, stop and smell the roses, take time for you and to be still!

It is supposed to be another warm day here as well. Extra thankful for A/C that is for sure!

💐 and :grouphug: to all

Oh my goodness, Meriweather that sounds just awful! Please take care and be safely cool! Enjoy watching a fun movie or something to relax :)

AuntieMe3, you take care, also my friend! Enjoy your pool 🏊‍♀️

We've had the A/C on here a couple times already. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be the warmest days.

To all, 🙏 you are able to get in some good and fun R&R this weekend :)

So...my kid REALLY let me have it yesterday afternoon. Screaming that I'm a horrible mother, he hates me and I don't want him, etc. He says I don't do anything with him, and when I listed all the things we've been doing, it turned into "We don't do anything that I want to do that's my idea!" After about an hour of it I left the room and let him whine to himself until DH got home. It's really hard right now...even if things were open, we still can't go anywhere because I don't have a car - there is a public playground on the next street over, not even a 10-minute walk, but playgrounds are all still roped off. And besides, it's too hot and humid to go outside!

I made a sort of hybrid zucchini-tomato frittata-quiche last night and it actually came out good (flavor-wise). We have several dozen eggs from my SIL's farm, as well as some zucchini, and I had some leftover cherry tomatoes from another thing I'd made earlier in the week. No Monterey Jack cheese either, so I made my own concoction of asiago, cheddar, and parmesan. Aside from being a bit flat (I used a too-big pie plate) and ever so slightly wet from the veggies I used, it tasted good! DH ate more than half of it :)

This morning we braved the grocery store. 2 stores, actually - one of them had all the produce I wanted on sale (plus a coupon for $1.88 for cherries!), but the other store had shrimp for $4.99 a bag and my Turkey Hill ice cream for 2 for $5. We bought popsicles and Friendly's ice cream cups for Josh and still had to listen to him cry that we never buy him anything. Plus he again insisted on riding in the car cart that doesn't fit through the cashier lanes... :rolleyes: Tonight we're having "Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes." Hope they taste as good as they look!

We also have lots of tomatoes, but all still green. I have several recipes for tomato au gratin, caprese salad, and I'll probably have to make spaghetti sauce. Our green beans seem to be winding down already. Getting a lot of short and/or skinny beans that don't seem to be growing.

QOTD: When you are at home, do you like background noise or do you prefer it quiet?
I need background noise. Ever hear the saying "silence is deafening?" That's how I feel. Nowadays it's almost always kids' shows on TV, but on the rare occasion that it's just me, I have the Science Channel on. I love What on Earth?, Mysteries of the Abandoned, Strange Evidence, etc. I mostly tune it out, but sometimes something will catch my attention...and then I have to look it up on Google Maps :)

Oh my goodness, Meriweather that sounds just awful! Please take care and be safely cool! Enjoy watching a fun movie or something to relax :)

AuntieMe3, you take care, also my friend! Enjoy your pool 🏊‍♀️

We've had the A/C on here a couple times already. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be the warmest days.

To all, 🙏 you are able to get in some good and fun R&R this weekend :)

The youngsters are in the pool. I'm staying in........we've had AC on since April!!

So...my kid REALLY let me have it yesterday afternoon. Screaming that I'm a horrible mother, he hates me and I don't want him, etc. He says I don't do anything with him, and when I listed all the things we've been doing, it turned into "We don't do anything that I want to do that's my idea!" After about an hour of it I left the room and let him whine to himself until DH got home. It's really hard right now...even if things were open, we still can't go anywhere because I don't have a car - there is a public playground on the next street over, not even a 10-minute walk, but playgrounds are all still roped off. And besides, it's too hot and humid to go outside!

Sorry that he's having such a hard time. I just can't imagine how it must be, to be a kid, and all of a sudden your world has changed. You can't go anywhere, can't do anything, can't play with friends. It must be even harder on them than it is on them. I hope things improve for all of you!

I made a sort of hybrid zucchini-tomato frittata-quiche last night and it actually came out good (flavor-wise). We have several dozen eggs from my SIL's farm, as well as some zucchini, and I had some leftover cherry tomatoes from another thing I'd made earlier in the week. No Monterey Jack cheese either, so I made my own concoction of asiago, cheddar, and parmesan. Aside from being a bit flat (I used a too-big pie plate) and ever so slightly wet from the veggies I used, it tasted good! DH ate more than half of it :)

This morning we braved the grocery store. 2 stores, actually - one of them had all the produce I wanted on sale (plus a coupon for $1.88 for cherries!), but the other store had shrimp for $4.99 a bag and my Turkey Hill ice cream for 2 for $5. We bought popsicles and Friendly's ice cream cups for Josh and still had to listen to him cry that we never buy him anything. Plus he again insisted on riding in the car cart that doesn't fit through the cashier lanes... :rolleyes: Tonight we're having "Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes." Hope they taste as good as they look!
I hit 2 grocery stores this morning also. Found prices at Walmart even higher than last week, and the meat dept was looking pretty bare at noontime. Also stopped at a local produce stand, but when I saw they wanted $12 for a dozen corn, I said no thank you. Just bought a huge cantaloupe and 2 tomatoes

We also have lots of tomatoes, but all still green. I have several recipes for tomato au gratin, caprese salad, and I'll probably have to make spaghetti sauce. Our green beans seem to be winding down already. Getting a lot of short and/or skinny beans that don't seem to be growing.
Same here..I have 3 dozen tomato plants, all loaded with green tomatoes. I have picked 3 pickling cukes and 2 squash so far. And your green beans are doing better than ours. Ours havem't even gotten flowers on ours, never miind beans. It has to be the hot, hot, hot weather, and lack of rain. We did have a good downpour last nite, that hopefully will give them a little boost. We finally got a break from the heat..high temp today was 83 and they say the same for the next 2 days..hurray!

I need background noise. Ever hear the saying "silence is deafening?" That's how I feel. Nowadays it's almost always kids' shows on TV, but on the rare occasion that it's just me, I have the Science Channel on. I love What on Earth?, Mysteries of the Abandoned, Strange Evidence, etc. I mostly tune it out, but sometimes something will catch my attention...and then I have to look it up on Google Maps :)

I agree; it is tougher on the kids than the adults, but the adults are doing most of the whining! (at least in public, lol) DGS wants to play with the other kids at the playground so much, but we don't know them and none of them are wearing masks, so...

We enrolled DS into virtual school today. He is bummed; he wanted to go back for his junior year, but it's not safe for DH. DS understands, of course. He talked to DD#2 and they came up with a plan that I'm not 100% on, but we are considering it. He wants to go to Okinawa with her in November, and finish out his junior/senior year there. DH and I are discussing it, but it takes a lot more than just letting him go and giving her a POA. Since it's a military move overseas, base legal is recommending they are given custody, so they can add him to their dependent list, and get BAH/Tricare for him. I'm torn, because it would be a good opportunity for him, to travel and see other parts of the world, and the schools there would be safer than here (possibly...they have a C19 outbreak on 2 bases there now). But...he's my baby and I'm not sure I'm ok with giving him up totally, kwim? We would be sending them money to cover his expenses...food and clothing and other stuff; and we could still cover his allowance, so he'd have spending money.) Any opinions?

We had pizza last night. We played Monopoly and Uno Flipz (so much fun.....over an hour on just one hand....) and went swimming yesterday.

Took DGS swimming today; DH will take him tomorrow because Mother Nature hates me, so no more pool for me for a few days. :headache: We're having green chile chicken tonight for dinner, with the no knead bread I made yesterday, and veggies.

Told DGS we would make chocolate ice cream tomorrow, so have the freezer core freezing right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter