Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

YAY Tina for a new family member.

...thank ye kindly....Nancy is a fave of mine, and I remember Breezy_Carol from WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when...
I've been around a while but not so active. Always did Old Kicker's riddle.

Gratitude:
Half hour phone call from a 94 year old church member who I loan books to. She finished the last 4 I loaned her and wondered if I had more. So nice to chat with her.
Feeling of accomplishment from writing a note to another church member in a nursing home and a letter to my brother.
My first tomato is turning pink :cool1:

YAY Tina for a new family member.

I've been around a while but not so active. Always did Old Kicker's riddle.

Gratitude:
Half hour phone call from a 94 year old church member who I loan books to. She finished the last 4 I loaned her and wondered if I had more. So nice to chat with her.
Feeling of accomplishment from writing a note to another church member in a nursing home and a letter to my brother.

Great, now another one bragging about their almost ripe tomatoes, lol! :P Mine are all still green, they are getting big though, so I'll be patient and wait. But at this rate, I expect I will have all 36 plants to have ripe tomatoes at the same time, lol!

Mine are all still green, they are getting big though, so I'll be patient and wait. But at this rate, I expect I will have all 36 plants to have ripe tomatoes at the same time, lol!

mine are still green as well, but I only have two plants, so I think I’m OK

Last edited:

...whomever was the person who was sending me those WDW goodies decided not to and kind of left me "out in the cold", so to speak. You got a little care package together and sent it to me, which saved the day.

Aww yes......several of us stepped in when people didn't follow through. We did a lot more than we should have.

They pretty much stopped years ago. I think postage got too high.
I remember when we have a hundred and more for some of them and we had to start cancelling because only 2-3 joined in

Congratulations, Auntie Tina! :love: So awesome to have a new baby to love on...

Lynxstch, I hope your stepson doesn't get any more symptoms and gets better soon!

All of the ornament talk sent me to the Hallmark website to check it out. I saw that they have a Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghosts ornament and a Marty McFly from Back to the Future ornament. Dang it...Josh is obsessed with both of those things. "Santa" might have to bring him one of them (or both, depending on stock). He has so many ornaments already...the year he turned 1, there was a cute series of baby animals with the age number on them (up to age 5), so I bought them all and he gets one every birthday. I have to remember to give him 5 this year! ;) Every Christmas as well, Santa brings him a favorite character ornament as well. I wonder if he'll still be interested in those as he gets older...I can't see him wanting to display Daniel Tiger or Gecko from PJ Masks when he's 15 :worried:

Still waiting on our tomatoes here as well. Lots of HUGE green ones. Only 2 plants but they will come in all at once. Just I hope I don't have to stew them and/or make spaghetti sauce in the heat and humidity.

The zucchini brownies came out fabulous yesterday. I noticed in the recipe comments that there was some controversy about adding an egg, as the recipe didn't have one listed. Since they said that adding the egg made them cake-like, I did it since we prefer our brownies that way. Josh didn't have any but DH loved them. I also tried making a "quick" shrimp scampi for dinner, but it came out more lemon-y and not enough garlic-y. I'll stick with my mom's recipe from now on.

I also tried the state project with Josh yesterday, starting with CT. He barely lasted 5 minutes. He wasn't at all interested in drawing the flag. He liked finding a musician and watching a music video - CT was hard, but I finally settled on Rivers Cuomo and Weezer, since DH likes them, and showed Josh the Happy Days "Buddy Holly" video. He liked it - he knows who Fonzie is and enjoyed that he was in it - but he completely lost interest after that. He then had another meltdown and screaming fit at me. Today we did MA and he lasted a bit longer. I tried Aerosmith for the musician...showed him the video for "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" which is the song I sing to him a lot, but he preferred New Kids on the Block :eek:

Josh's best friend's mom posted on FB this morning that she's having a hard time with her son, too. He also has a younger sister, so he does have someone to play with, but she doesn't/can't do the things he wants to do. So I guess this isn't entirely unusual. Honestly, this is the biggest reason I'm going to let him go to school in the fall - these kids really seem to need some social interaction, with kids their own age. I hear my BIL and SIL are having some trouble with our 14-year-old niece, too; she's champing at the bit to see her friends and has been in a 4-month-long foul mood because of it.

Edited to add: I wish it would rain here! Periodically it gets pitch-black and I hear rumbles of thunder, then it passes without a single drop of rain. Yesterday I even got a severe weather warning on my phone, the wind was whipping so I went out to collect some of our decorations...and it passed. DH said it poured heavily at work, but not a thing here. This is getting BAD.

Good afternoon everyone - it's been a few days and I've missed a question or three, but I figured I'd just pick up from this point forward.

The tomatoes are about to take over, and I am pretty sure in a few days from now I'll be doing a lot of cooking (I usually stew them down with various concoctions to use in various applications pork/fish/pasta)! This week is flying by, and I'll be out of the office most of tomorrow afternoon at a meeting up near Breezy Carols neck of the woods.
Things are mostly quiet at work but there are a few things in the wings that are waiting to bust out and I'm sure it will all hit at once in August or September, which is kinda okay with me. Same for my husband (we work together ) Home life is about to get a bit crazy - we are (normally) very happy empty nesters, however in March eldest moved home, into the basement apartment in order to save for buying his first house & getting married. That has gone just fine. Now youngest will be moving into the in-law suite while he is between apartment & leaving for a stint in the Army - he'll be here about 6 weeks we think - and I'm sure that will work out fine. Plus add in two girlfriends and 4 extra vehicles, well even in the best of circumstances it gets crowded, even on a farm. And this would ideally be a great time to travel, and we'd have built in dog sitters...but of course we aren't going anywhere to exciting these days. On the other hand, we've also got live in mowing help, so I've definitely been taking advantage of that! Add to that that at the moment, all 4 of us work at same Company. We are fortunate that everyone can have their own living spaces and do their own thing! I actually usually find August a slow, plodding month, but I'm hoping having the kids around will jazz things up during a otherwise blah month for me.
Youngest is getting a few wisdom teeth out next month, courtesy of the American tax payer, which I'm sure will go okay. They actually scheduled him at a pretty decent oral surgeon near home, so we don't have to schlep him back and forth to one of the big Forts "near" us, which is super convenient.

Dinner tonight looks like marinaded, grilled chicken thighs and a salad.

Dinner tonight looks like marinaded, grilled chicken thighs and a salad.
...great! What time's dinner?

c7233f308bdee06d927781219fc58d9a.jpg

Hey everybody...hope you're all having a good Wednesday. Oh wait...is it Wed? LOL I've lost track of days this week. So we'll be leaving South SF tomorrow morning earlier than expected and heading south to San Diego to hubby's other work project. He said we'll stay there until Sunday but we'll be so close to home, I feel like we might as well just go home Friday when he's finished with work though. We'll see....:confused3

Next week, looks like I'll be heading back into work again...not really looking forward to that but I only have until the end of the year to get through since I told her I'm quitting then. I'm just tired and worn out with childcare, been there 25 years this year. Still not sure what I'll do next, I was supposed to be traveling with hubby but not sure how/when those international trips will happen now and if he's allowed to go for work, I probably won't be allowed to. I wouldn't mind just not working and staying home but that might not be too good for me. I'm too lazy when I have nothing to do...:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter