Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

And now our power is out. And we are in a well so that means no water either. DD has also lost power. DS has a tree down in his yard (he has a lot of trees) across the road but the county is already there taking care of it.

@easyas123, a lot of damage in the area of Summit Airport. I’ve seen pictures of a neighborhood with extensive damage.

Glad the cell phone still works. I guess this puts an end to my vacuuming and cleaning.

lot of damage in the area of Summit Airport. I’ve seen pictures of a neighborhood with extensive damage

Yeah I heard Middletown got it a bit, as did Dover, Funny how things work. Sun is shining here, never lost electric or internet. Trees still standing- well, the obvious ones! Haven't gone down into the woods yet so I should hold on a bit with my assessment! I just drove from Church Hill to Chestertown, and back again - roads clear, although some water ponded in the the fields as it does. Sounds like North East is flooding kinda bad and they are doing water rescues.

Hope your power comes back on soon Carol, especially if the humidity starts to jack up. That's no fun

The rain is starting to come down here! Not heavily, though...I think we have more wind than rain at the moment. DH took today off to go get an oil change on the car this morning, so he did that, then we went to the library for some new books and movies. Then we pulled as much of the smaller plants/outdoor decorations/toys into the garage as possible. I worry about our tomato plants...they're right up against the house. I'm more worried about the 65 mph winds they're talking about. I hope our next-door neighbor's trampoline doesn't end up over here...

We have the news on right now and you can hear a lot of bangs and crashes on their roof. They say they are also on a generator, as they have no power. We have underground wires in our neighborhood, so with any luck we won't loose power here.

Does anyone remember Hurricane Gloria in 1985? That's the last one that really affected us here on the MA border. I had just started 6th grade and we got the day off from school. I sat at the back door and watched it all day; we lost a couple of trees.

Talked to my mom this morning and she won't be home for Josh's birthday :( She's hoping for the week afterward now.

We called my in-laws last night and my FIL is okay after his fall. MIL wouldn't say if he's got any other scrapes or bruises, though. Just said that he's able to walk normally and nothing is hurting.

And speaking of Josh's birthday...

How about - What is your favorite thing about August?
Not only my baby's birthday, but DH's birthday, too! And any time I buy birthstone jewelry now, I go right for the August peridot. Such a pretty glittery light green!

Me as a Central-East Coast Floridian on Sunday: If it doesn't hit us, our northern friends need to watch out, storms that follow this pattern tend to intensify and then slam the northern path.

All of our northern hurricane path pals, please be safe.

We have some storming going on today; lightning and rain.

Well power has been out 4 hours now. It’s getting old.

@easyas123,there is video on WBAL online of the flooding in North East. Lots of water rescues. It looks bad. And flooding in downtown Elkton too. Dry here, we’re pretty high. Not sure what dinner will be without power.

Hope y'all up north of us stay safe!

We didn't even get a rainshower from Isaias. where I live.

QOTD: August....DD#1's birthday, our anniversary (21 years this year!), and school starting (which used to mean peace and quiet during the day...)

Yesterday, we had sweet & spicy sausages on rolls w/pickles & mustard, and a salad, for lunch (which is now our main meal. We've found ourselves sleeping better by eating the heavy filling meal at lunch instead of dinner.) Today, we had crab cake sandwiches (w/pesto aoili and tomatoes), potato salad, and some veggies. And, tomorrow is burgers/fries/veg day.

Nothing else new here. DS is waiting for the counselor to ok his classes for online school, so he can get started. They are supposed to clear them within 2 weeks, and it's now been 4; the counselor has yet to read his emails or return his phone calls, so now it's time for mom to help out and make the phone call tomorrow. We try to give him the oppotunity to handle things on his own (since he's in high school), but help him when he's unsure what to do next.

Still hot here. Should hit 110 today. We've had one rain storm in the last 5 months :( I love rain

Today is DS's birthday......but I never really cared for the birthstone. I have a couple because of him.
I have always been a dark gemstone girl. Love sapphire and my birthstone, garnet

And now our power is out. And we are in a well so that means no water either. DD has also lost power. DS has a tree down in his yard (he has a lot of trees) across the road but the county is already there taking care of it.

@easyas123, a lot of damage in the area of Summit Airport. I’ve seen pictures of a neighborhood with extensive damage.

Glad the cell phone still works. I guess this puts an end to my vacuuming and cleaning.

Talked to stepson again while I was watching the ABC news at 4. They were saying 2 tornado's touched down in Salisbury, showed 1 house that was lifted right off the foundation. He said there were at least 8 of them in Easton where he works the majority of the day. Pictures coming out of Ocean City show a lot of damage in places too. We had slight showers last nite, and by noontime we had full sun and 84 degrees. Managed to get all of the yardwork done,,again. So tired of doing it. It rains, then the sun comes out, then it rains, then the sun comes out. Makes the grass grow like crazy. Am getting tomatoes left and right out of the garden all of a sudden. I bet in 2 weeks, they will all be done and it will look like the 'end of the summer' garden :( Stay safe everyone!

Goodness! Scary stuff! Our biggest weather event would be tornadoes. Had a big one go through Dallas last October. My son, James, lives in a suburb of Dallas and one went through the back of his yard, missing his house. He was home with his girlfriend and dog in the bathtub. He said, "Mom, I heard the train!". He lost all his trees in the back yard. Here's a picture with him and one of them.
james and tree.jpg

In hour 7 of no power. Had to find carry out dinner that had power and we didn’t have to cross a creek to get there. Cheesesteak for DH and chicken gyro for me. I’ll make the fish I defrosted tomorrow.
My poor flowers and tomato plants really got beat down by the wind and rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter