Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

We were just saying how mild it was here and boom, we lost power! We did go out to dinner tonight and it was blustery with some trees down, but still sunny and relatively quiet. Oh well. I should’ve charged my phone. 😬

@apirateslifeforme I remember Hurricane Gloria! I had moved my car to the side of the house thinking it was safer than under the trees, but the chimney broke apart and landed on my car!:headache:

@Breezy_Carol I was going to mention that too! Owe me a beer! :drinking1

Gah....you all are freaking me out with this storm talk. Honesty, I've been avoiding the news lately so I had no idea a hurricane was out there right now. Bad weather really, really, freaks me out, I don't think I could survive in an area with tornados touching down.:scared: You all are so brave to me...:lovestruc I hope it dies down soon for you all and you all have regained power and don't have too much damage. 😰 We have earthquakes and I know people say the same thing about earthquakes bit thats just some shaking and you don't know to expect it it just happens so I only have time freak out while it's happening and then I'm good. :laughing:

Have I mentioned before I'm a nervous person?? LoL Doesn't take to much to make me anxious, nervous, scared...🤦‍♀️

I went to Walmart tonight to pick up something to add to my daughters birthday gift and I did not feel comfortable, it was crazy busy. It almost felt like Christmas time in there, I did not like it at all. I ordered online but had to do inside pickup so I thought might as well look around while I was in there. After I checked out, I waited almost 20 minutes for someone to get my online order....that part wasn't even that bad because at least I was waiting all alone by myself in the pickup area. LoL I guess I won't be going back to Walmart anytime soon.

It was only 90 today and it felt amazing...lol We've been at 104 for a few days and the day I was at my friend's in Palm Springs it was 114....too hot for me, so glad it "cooled" off a little. :laughing:

And wow....200 pages thats a lot.

QOTD Wednesday, August 5th: It’s time for breakfast! You can eat at home, or you can go out. What are you having?

Unless I am on vacation somewhere, I don't normally eat breakfast. If I do, it's at home. Once in awhile I get a craving for french toast with homemade blueberry sauce (have some in the fridge actually), or will make scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. Hubby is a breakfast person, his favorite is sausage gravy, either over biscuits, pancakes or toasts. And of course, since you asked, and I answered, now I want french toast this morning! :P

Storm report here is minimal. We had enough wind yesterday to blow everyone’s recycling around, so DH and I were out picking that up before the truck came, but other than that, no damage. A bit of rain came down, but not nearly as much as we need.

Stacking the deck chairs was probably a good idea, but bringing the tomato plants (containers on the deck) into the mud room was probably excessive.

Fingers crossed for everyone who was in a worse-hit area to get power back soon!

QOTD Wednesday, August 5th: It’s time for breakfast! You can eat at home, or you can go out. What are you having

Scrapple and pancakes, one egg over medium and hashbrowns with plenty of onions & peppers....of course it's 7:45 AM in the morning and I'm hungry so this answer came quickly to me!
Also can't say no to a everything bagel.

Since this is a Disney board, I'll share my go-to Disney breakfast - rice krispy's w/ milk, and a croissant w/ cream cheese - not sure why, and it's not something I have at home.

QOTD Wednesday, August 5th: It’s time for breakfast! You can eat at home, or you can go out. What are you having?
We enjoy going out, but not now. Out, I like waffles at Metro Diner or blueberry pancakes at Cracker Barrel. I took banana bread out of the freezer for us today.

Metro Diner is amazing! I am obsessed with their shrimp and grits. I don't like them anywhere else, haha. I miss going there. :sad: But we are only doing take out, not eating in, and they are just a bit too far for the food to get here and be decent.

My other go out pick is Maple Street Biscuit Company. Amazing fried chicken. DH likes the Squawking Goat, with goat cheese and pepper jelly; and I love love love their sausage gravy!

If I'm cooking at home, it's usually waffles or pancakes, occasionally French Toast. If we go full on cooking, bacon is our first choice, followed by maple sausage; DH can whip up an amazing omelet.

I do miss Blueberry Hill and The Original Pancake House. None out here, but their breakfasts were amazing.

I'm seriously losing it here. The power is still out...it has been 18 hours now...and Eversource is saying that it will be several DAYS before they restore it. The northern half of our town never even flickered, despite lines coming down and a transformer fire, but we here in the southern half, with underground lines, will be out for days? This is beyond unacceptable. And this company expects us to now pay double the "delivery" charge for electricity?

It's going to be 89 and extremely humid. I'm already dripping sweat and it's hard to breathe. All of the food in the freezer has gone soft...that's a couple hundred dollars in the trash. I'm way beyond upset. I can't deal with this right now. I'm sure Eversource's $19 mil CEO didn't lose power in his mansion at all!

apirateslifeforme, I feel for you. I get extremely cranky when I can't cool off. Praying that your electricity comes back on sooner than they predict.

At home I usually eat two scrambled eggs and a piece of toast for breakfast. My favorite at home meal is when Joe cooks taquitos (that's what he calls them), sausage, eggs, onion, bell pepper and orange/yellow bell pepper with tortillas. He always makes enough for leftovers.

And my favorite eating out breakfast is a Denver omelette at IHOP. They are huge and I always save some for the next day.

Have you seen the huge explosion in Lebanon? I saw it on GMA this morning and my heart was cut to the quick. So terrible, said it was 1000 times worse than the Oklahoma City bombing.

Planned dinner tonight is salmon, Uncle Ben's butter & garlic rice and brussel sprouts.

@apirateslifeforme so sorry. I hate the power out. Here 5 hours was the most, in summer. They fix it fast here. They have. In 5 hours the house went up 10 degrees.

The worse was when we lived in WA. Winter. Snow storm (a rare occurrence for where we lived). 18". Rural. Power out for 5 days......well, so no water, no heat. Snowed in and couldn't get out. 1/3 mile from out house to the road. No snow plows.
We got a generator right after that!

I'm sorry, apirateslifeforme, that is awful :(

Hooray for Mickey shaped waffles or pancakes! :) I am normally not a big breakfast eater but do enjoy breakfast food at other times of the day. I think IHOP makes the best pancakes especially when you add in a few chocolate chips and sprinkle a dash of powder sugar on top, so yummy :)

Last edited:
@apirateslifeforme I'm so sorry your power is off. That must be very frustrating. Fingers crossed it's back soon. Maybe this would be a good day for you all to play in the sprinkler, just to get a break from indoor heat.

My extra special treat breakfast is a croissant with a little honey to dip it in. Some fruit, and a coffee. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!