Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

A nice quieter Wednesday today. The curfew is at 9 instead of 4 so I am sure praying that indicates progress! Very grateful to have slept well last night and so feeling good today. Also so thankful to have our new A/C's that work so very well!

Some other things I am thankful for today:

A fun package from Amazon
Organized one eventual new scrapbook album for my Dad
Thinking about future DL trip and how much fun that will be along with allow us to take new pictures as well ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Thinking of picture takin and DL, I'd like to learn to more often keep my eyes open--thank goodness for cell phone cameras that allow for instant viewing and as needed trying again. I have always thought it would be fun to collaborate on a new Disneyland ride or making improvements to an existing one.

Last edited:
I would like some photography courses. I love photography and have a decent camera, but I just feel like there is something missing from a lot of my photos. Every now and then I will get a really good one and think why can’t I do that all the time. I know a lot of things can be tweaked in Photoshop, but I would rather take a good photo in the first place. I keep practicing . . .

Question of the day 6/3: What is something you still want to learn to do?

I'm great baker. I cannot decorate cakes and have no artistic ability. I'm not handy with paints or drawing or anything of such but I really want to learn basic cake decorating at least. I'm thinking about buying a kit and supplies and watching lots videos and seeing if I can teach myself at my pace. If not, I'll start an ugly cake business at least.

I want to decorate baked goods too......cookies, especially. I watch a lot of Food network baking shows.
I got tips and bags for a present.....now I just need to do it sometime.

I have lots to do everyday even though I am always home, but things keep coming up.

I just have to share a picture of DGS. He had a well doctor visit today. He's 3.
353.jpeg

I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano.
And bread, I can't seem to master a decent simple loaf of bread. But I keep trying!

Easiest thing ever:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/easy-no-knead-focaccia
Five minutes to mix by hand, 16 hour rise. Didn't do the 2nd rise separately; I sprinkled kosher salt on the pan, plopped the dough on and spread it out, then did the 2nd rise. Didn't use the butter either. Came out just fine. You can do it!!!

Then go for this one:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/no-knead-everything-bread-recipe
I substitute in a cup of wheat for a cup of white, and it comes out perfect, every single time.

ETA: When I have to let them rise (when not in the fridge), I use my microwave. If you leave the door open just enough to keep the light on, the light generates enough heat to activate the yeast; the door keeps drafts off it that could affect the rise.

Last edited:
I'd like to learn more about architecture - not that I want another career, but more like being able to identify stuff when I look at house - when was it built, what style, that sort of thing.

DH loves architecture. I think if he had it to do over, he would have done that.
He does know styles of houses and can tell you all about them.

Question of the day 6/3: What is something you still want to learn to do?

I'm great baker. I cannot decorate cakes and have no artistic ability. I'm not handy with paints or drawing or anything of such but I really want to learn basic cake decorating at least. I'm thinking about buying a kit and supplies and watching lots videos and seeing if I can teach myself at my pace. If not, I'll start an ugly cake business at least.
I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class and never had the chance, I look into it again now that I have a little more "free time".

@Meriweather my daughter and I LOVE to watch the cookie decorating videos, especially on Instagram because they are quick but so fun to watch.

I would love to learn a new language either Spanish or Italian....my maiden name was Martinez, you would think I would know how to speak Spanish but even after all 4 years of HS and 2 semesters in college....NOPE, still don't know it well enough to speak it. :laughing: I can get by with what I do know to read some and to understand a little when someone is speaking (very slowly). The little I know even helped a little when I was in Italy because some of their words are similar. My grandparents spoke Spanish, my mom's mom spoke Spanish when she was in school and kids made fun of her :sad1: so she didn't want to teach her kids. My dad was bilingual when he was younger but just stopped speaking spanish in jr high or HS so we never learned. My niece is 4yo and is bilingual and learning another language at school. Its amazing. :lovestruc

Oh and as if things weren't crazy enough around here, we had an earthquake yesterday....I HATE earthquakes....they freak me out. 🤞 We dont have another anytime soon. Last year, while we were in Italy so I missed it Thank God, we had one one day and then a bigger one the next day. I'm praying that doesn't happen again....:scared:

Good Morning, everyone :)

All the baking goodie decorating talk sure sounds fun and tasty, too! I am not into cooking really but a sweet shop might be just the thing :D

I do enjoy watching some HGTV shows to see different homes and layouts but mostly (I pray) happy people and being able to travel from my couch. It is fun to think about what an idea/dream home might look like. Mostly I'd sure appreciate a little more space maybe a half bath, nothing too fancy. No complaints though, so Blessed to have the home and health I do!

🙏 for a good Thursday for all!

AuntieMe3, hug, I totally missed your post above. Being a Socal lady I also am NOT an earthquake fan at all. Meriweather, I lived for a time not in WA but way up in Northern, CA and there were quakes there too that is for sure. All along the Pacific coast. Many prayers for a quake free future that is for sure!

I do enjoy watching some HGTV shows to see different homes and layouts
Some of those shows crack me up. The ones where they are looking for a home in a neighborhood. And the couple is 2 twenty-somethings with a budget of $1,000,000. I am like what the heck! And then the bedroom is larger than my family room and they complain its too small. Cracks me up.

Me too. I took lessons as a child so know some of the basics. We have a piano and both of my kids took lessons until they started instruments in band. I should really try again.

And how dare you go to Florida without telling us. :laughing:

My grandmother was a piano teacher, so I was pretty much forced into learning. I can play enough to say I can play, and that's pretty much it. Was never much into musical instruments. When I was young I was taken to lessons for a lot of things, tennis, sewing, modeling, baton, and I can say now that I am glad I learned to sew, but the only thing I really loved back then was baton twirling, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!