Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

QOTD: Swimming, hanging out in the water...Do you like being in water? If you do, do you have a preference...pool, lake/river, ocean??
POOL ONLY. Natural bodies of water skeeve me out. Don't know what's in there. I like the "idea" of being on the beach and we've been to Clearwater/Sand Key beaches in Florida, but I won't do more than wade in up to my knees. I'm paranoid about rip currents. But I absolutely had to get my feet in the Gulf of Mexico at least once in my life!

I've been in the ocean (Atlantic, at Hampton Beach in NH) - tripped and fell in, over my head, then when I stood up I made the mistake of licking my lips. Ugh...that is the most salt I've ever tasted in my life! And we have Rocky Neck State Park (I think that's on Long Island Sound) and Misquamicut Beach just over the border in RI. Holy jellyfish, Batman...No. Just no.

Happy Sunday. I am a bit tired today so I am trying to pace myself with housework and relaxation. It is hot again but we managed to walk while it was a bit cooler and a little breezy. Now I am on Disboards looking at positive threads.

I don't get to the water very much but as a kid I loved the beach. We lived near the coast and it was a 5 minutes walk to 2 beaches. We spent alot of time there. We also had a rustic camp on a lake. I really didn't like the lake as much as the ocean. 2 years ago we went to Bermuda and I loved Horsehoe Bay beach. I really want to go back.

I am making a quick pasta fagioli soup for supper. It is hot for soup but I have been craving this. It is easy to make and delicious.

I remember my kids sounding off at mom and dad when they were younger. We heard I hate you more than a few times. Actually, they can still let mom and dad know when they are not happy with us. The difference now is that they don't live with us and we can get away from it. They are parents now and I think they are beginning to understand the ups and downs of parenting. It takes patience and understanding.

@apirateslifeforme, I hope you enjoy your alone time and relax. It sounds like you are a great mom and really want the best for your DS.

@apirateslifeforme , that salad sounds interesting. My mom used to make hot dog salad sandwiches with chopped up left over grilled hot dogs, mustard, and pickle relish. Sounds a little similar.

QOTD: Swimming, hanging out in the water...Do you like being in water? If you do, do you have a preference...pool, lake/river, ocean?? I love being in and by the water. As a child, we went to Virginia Beach for 2 weeks every summer. As a mom, we took the kids to the Outer Banks of NC for a week every summer. I often need an ocean fix in the winter even if not for swimming but just to see, hear, and smell it. I like pools but don't have a lot of access. When the kids were younger, we belonged to a community pool for about 15 summers. While a teenager, I babysat a family who kept a boat on the Magothy River off the Chesapeake Bay. I have swam in rivers but don't like them because they aren't as clear. And like Snowysmom, I liked Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda.

:hug:apirateslifeforme! So happy to hear you are enjoying some time for yourself! Please take care and just relax! Happy upcoming Birthday, too! That's cool your immediate family has birthdays close together like that :) You are a wonderful mom to Josh and he is Blessed indeed! I love the flag idea, that sounds like a lot of fun plus it is something generated by Josh himself! I'd enjoy hearing (if you want to share) about Josh's "travels" and where he might one day post plague like to go. Perhaps friends in this thread living in a particular state could make suggestions too :)

Get some rest, Snowysmom! Was the rustic camp on the lake a summer camp type thing or just a place you visited? I never went to sleepaway camp as a kid but think that could be a fun experience.

As a kid swam in lakes with friends. As a 20 year old loved the swimming pools at my apartments at the end of a work day. As an adult, I love being at the Atlantic Ocean. Just the sound of the waves, watching from the balcony of our rented condo. I usually get in the water 1 Day the week we are there and ride the waves with my Hubbie,but it does scare me a little. Someday, I would like to go the Caribbean and see the light water

QOTD: Swimming, hanging out in the water...Do you like being in water? If you do, do you have a preference...pool, lake/river, ocean??

Love it! I grew up in the Finger Lakes area of NY, and now live in MA - not too far a drive from the ocean. I definitely adore beautiful water views!! We have a pool, but I don't use it as much as I should. I’m not sure why, as I do like swimming.

I like being in the water. I prefer a pool, but not one that is treated with chlorine. When I lived in MA we had one and used Baquacil
and I loved it. I like to wade in the ocean, but not swim in it..and I do not like to swim in a river! A lake would be okay, but I haven't been near one of those in years.

We just had a torrential downpour, with thunder and hail? Now the sun is back out. You couldn't even see outside the windows, it was raining so hard. Had to go out after it stopped and pound in 5 tomato stakes that it had knocked over, along with the plants :(. But at least I don't have to water till at least tomorrow nite, lol!

Hi ya'll,

Things are going along here. We had movie day Saturday watching Ford vs Ferrari and then Trolls World Tour. Loved Ford vs Ferrari, meh on Troll. I'm big into cars and fast cars and grew up with racing so I appreciated the history of it. I thought it was very engaging but long. Trolls was just odd. I felt someone really high making this movie!

Tonight I made BLTAs, soup, fruit and then worked on prepping making breakfast burritos, bean, cheese and rice burritos to wrap and freeze each for grab and go and made some jars of salsa. I also took really long nap after a Benadryl. I've been itching like crazy for the last week since from too much sun and been itching like crazy on my back and arms. I took the pill and knocked out!

Gratitudes:
Good Sandwiches for dinner
Benadryl helping settle the itching
Nice online Mass, still missing in house but nice church service

I have lot hate relationship with water. I like the thought of it but I don't swim well and I do not like water in my ears or face and I hate when having to redo my hair after it gets gross from swimming. I like to think I'm not high maintenance then read this lol
We were at a beach in Southern CA few years ago, South San Diego, and the water was rough and of course Matt was eating it up. I had wave take me out and I came up sputtering and he says "here, stand by me, it's only up to my hips." Yea, there is height difference when Matt is a 6'2 and I'm barely 5'3. Naturally another wave came and wiped me out! I was not the least bit happy! He just laughed and laughed

Oh and I hate sand! But Clearwater beach has some really nice sand!

Thanks, Snowysmom! :) Not sure about the outhouse part (in the night) but the rest does sound nice. I am just glad you had fun there :)

I'm sorry about your plants, Lynxstch :( I do hope the storm cooled things off for you.

I'm glad you enjoyed some movies, Tina. I have never seen Trolls but it does look...odd! Hug on your burn, feel better. I overheat quickly and need to be careful about too much sun, fair skinned. I'm sorry Matt laughed at you, not nice! I can understand why someone much taller might not think of the difference when wading out. I much prefer small white sand beaches to bigger ones. I have always thought it would be fun once to visit a touristy type beach like ones I've seen on HGTV mostly back East. I did go to Santa Monica Pier as a kid and also we had Ports of Call which was then a fun touristy place that had Carnation ice cream. I did like the San Diego pier area as well, have not been there in forever.

I've enjoyed reading all the water replies. I have a picture of my Grandpa in an inflatable boat in our backyard pool (we briefly lived in a house that also had a pool). I'm right beside him in the water.

IMG_20200712_184312.jpg
So at some point today hubs gave my stuffed animals masks. :rotfl: I walked in the living room, spotted them and couldn't stop laughing.
Very sweet and funny! 💙

I like walking in the sand by the ocean as well as swimming in a pool when I get the chance.

Last edited:
Glad you also enjoy HGTV beachfront bargain hunt, Sparkle! :) It's On Demand out here just as an FYI same with Lakefront Bargain Hunt--though this show does not offer as many free (episodes where you don't have to pay even more money a month to unlock and watch)

:) That you still have some stuffed animal friends, Gwynne. As I have previously shared I have 3 from childhood. 1 of which I would love to pass onto a young child one day and be able to share its story, too.

Good Morning all :flower3: and welcome to you, LoveSpringsteen!

Meriweather, prayers A/C gets fixed! Enjoy your grandkids. Lol, younger kids especially seem to have boundless energy that I have wished many a time they could share some of with me! Take care of yourself, too and enjoy them. I know this time extra with you is one they will/do cherish :)

I'm praying at the moment to be able to successfully recover Word documents I deleted on my flash drive, eek! I may post back for help with this later. Be careful everyone of what you permanently delete! Also a good reminder for things saved to a flash drive--I had not looked at this particular drive in years! Don't let so much time go by before making sure all saved is in order and that you still want it!

Hugs and love to all. Will check back in later.

Last edited:
QOTD - Swimming, hanging out in the water...Do you like being in water? If you do, do you have a preference...pool, lake/river, ocean??

I love being in a pool, but I'm not a good swimmer at all. I can float on my back for hours, but that's about it.

I hate water. I hate being wet. I don't even like showering, it is something I must do because I like being clean.

I am, however, a very good swimmer, because I used to like water. When I did like water, pools all the way.

Meriweather, prayers A/C gets fixed! Enjoy your grandkids. Lol, younger kids especially seem to have boundless energy that I have wished many a time they could share some of with me! Take care of yourself, too and enjoy them. I know this time extra with you is one they will/do cherish :)

I have always said they have so much energy because they suck it out of us!!
Their AC did get fixed.....so they won't have to spend the night here again.
Now to wash all the linens

Being clean is a good thing, Nox :D Hugs to you and always good to see you post, my friend :)

Is anyone tech-y on here? I did accidently delete Word documents I had saved on a flash drive earlier. I Google-d and used something called Disk Drill Windows. I THINK it did recover the documents. The problem is they are mostly encrypted :( It says they are "TMP files which I am guessing means "temporary." Editing to add in they also have a "corrupt" error message. Is there anyway to restore to normal? Thank you so much! I don't much care to start a new CB post but could if needed....much better to ask all of you first!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!