Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@apirateslifeforme, I am glad the dentist appt went well. You discussed what to have for dinner on Thursday. I got confused because today is only Monday, at least I thought so.

Today I had my annual mammogram then started PT for my tailbone pain. I like the PT and hope she can figure things out for me. Then I grocery shopped and stopped at the library to pick up books on hold (one was Charlotte's Web). Figured I get all my exposures out of the house on the same day.

I think we need another
QOTD - What is a trivial pet peeve you have?

I was going to ask you biggest fear but reconsidered because it isn't a positive. Trivial pet peeve -- It bugs me when people use multiple ??? or !!!! in a text or email. Not sure why but drives me nuts.

Yes, Thursday is my birthday :) It's also Josh's gymnastics class night, and we won't be home until 5:30 at the earliest. If I try to cook something, then we're at 6 p.m. or even later by the time we eat, so Thursdays are take-out nights this month. I'm thinking of it early as well, because I'm worried about the cost and I don't want to spring something too expensive on DH at the last minute.

Hoping that you get good news about your mammogram and that your PT goes well!

I woke up to the news that Grant Imahara from Mythbusters passed away from a brain aneurysm yesterday. Completely gobsmacked. I always loved that show. The Build Team were my favorites (Grant, Tory, and Kari) - they were around my age and they showed how you can be both smart AND totally cool. Celebrity deaths are starting to affect me because my childhood/young adulthood is rapidly dying. Leonard Nimoy, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, lots of musicians...this really stinks.

I don't know if I have any "trivial pet peeves"...I personally think they're pretty big ;) (I kid, I kid... ;) ). The first thing that comes to mind is that I cannot fall asleep if someone is touching me. Even just a hand on my arm or something light, I just can't stand it and can't fall asleep like that.

Another one that everyone might find kind of sad is when Josh bats his eyelashes at me and says "You're a beautiful butterfly." It sounds sweet, but the reason it grates on my nerves is that he ONLY does it when I'm telling him to do something and he's ignoring me. Basically it's his way of saying "I'm not listening to you so I'm going to flatter you because you think I'm so cute" :rolleyes:

Lol, PollyannaMom, that just may be! Pen tops also have a way of getting under the pew cushion too! I always did try to have coloring sheets or some type of activity page for a little older kids available but that did not always work!

Glad you are enjoying some morning calm and cool, Carol!

:hug:apirateslifeforme, prayers however you celebrate your birthday it will be happy! :) Kids always know how to push our buttons! I'm sorry a favorite TV actor of yours has passed :(

So grateful this Tuesday for a cooler morning and always to be of sound health and able to give praise to God! also, come visit with all of you, too.

Other gratitude (not sure I shared any yesterday, will share extra from today later :))

Sweet emails from camp parents at church. I had wanted their kids to know I was praying for them and will miss them this summer.
Recovering the files yesterday was such a Blessing. Not sure how it happened but know God made it happen!

Happy Tuesday to all!

Last edited:

Good morning DIS family! We too awoke to cooler temps, it was only 59 here this morning, is now up to 79 on its way to 84. I tended the garden just as the sun was coming up, and I too listened to all the birds waking up and doing their morning songs. It's one of my favorite times of the day. I just finished mowing, did the weedwacking yesterday, so yardwork should be done for at least another week, since they are calling for temps back into the 90's the rest of the week and into the weekend.

We got some scary news yesterday, that husbands oldest son has tested positive for the virus. He's in quarantine for 14 days. No fever, and only thing bothering him is that he's congested. Gratitude that he isn't any sicker. It is double scary, because he got tested on Friday, and the nite before had been out to dinner with my other stepson and 2 of our granddaughters. They are waiting to hear if they have to be tested or if they have to voluntarily quarantine. This time it hit a little too close to home. And they all live out by Ocean City, so it's a long drive to go see them when the time comes that we can visit again :(

Another gratitude for the day...we use State Farm for our car and home insurance, and got our bill for the last half of the year, and they have given customers a rate reduction--for us it was a little over $100, so that made both of us cheer, lol!

Ongoing gratitude is for this thread, that is keeping all of us connected in a way that I for one, never expected, and that it's giving us the chance to vent, cry, rejoice, and just listen to each other!

Glad to hear that most of our little family here on this thread are doing well, staying healthy, and grateful for the little things that we sometimes take for granted.
Have a great Tuesday everyone! :grouphug:

I woke up to the news that Grant Imahara from Mythbusters passed away from a brain aneurysm yesterday. Completely gobsmacked. I always loved that show. The Build Team were my favorites (Grant, Tory, and Kari) - they were around my age and they showed how you can be both smart AND totally cool. Celebrity deaths are starting to affect me because my childhood/young adulthood is rapidly dying. Leonard Nimoy, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, lots of musicians...this really stinks.
So sad, he was so young....my brother knows Tory and we watched Mythbusters all the time so we feel like we know them even though we really don't, ya know? It also freaks me out because my mom had a brain aneurysm when she was 53(or 54?? can't remember now), she survived but has major disabilities and I'm almost 45 so I'm constantly worried its going to happen to me.

We got some scary news yesterday, that husbands oldest son has tested positive for the virus. He's in quarantine for 14 days. No fever, and only thing bothering him is that he's congested. Gratitude that he isn't any sicker. It is double scary, because he got tested on Friday, and the nite before had been out to dinner with my other stepson and 2 of our granddaughters. They are waiting to hear if they have to be tested or if they have to voluntarily quarantine. This time it hit a little too close to home. And they all live out by Ocean City, so it's a long drive to go see them when the time comes that we can visit again :(

I hope your stepson stays healthy despite the positive test and no one else gets sick.

Cooler morning......85
111 today
I'm venturing out to Hallmark today to get my yearly ornaments. We'll see. Those stores are small and usually ornaments in one section.....hope they changed that.

Thank you for the reminder!!!! With all that has gone on the last few days, I totally forgot about it also being ornament premier week. I just spent an hour..and some $$ on the Hallmark site. Saves me from going to the mall, dealing with social distancing (our store is pretty small too), and they have free shipping for Gold Crown Members for a limited time. Got a few Christmas presents done, and got myself a couple to add to my series. Thanks for the heads up!

@flyingdumbo127 I thought of you as soon as I spotted this one,,and it made me smile!
5099981594747794449.png

I’m a big hallmark ornament collector too. We usually go to their special top customer preview in early Nov and get several Disney ones along with snowball and tuxedo for me. My favorite decorative item were the “ fab five” band figurines. Mickey on the sax ( I think), Daisy on the flute and how they interact as they play a Christmas tune.

At our house, the tooth fairy brings a brand new toothbrush with the money. That way there is always one on hand after a cold to replace an old one.

Pet peeve - oh I have lots. Men / boys with long fingernails with dirt in them, people that say “ like” in every other sentence, People who don’t say thank you after I hold the door open.

I’m a big hallmark ornament collector too. We usually go to their special top customer preview in early Nov and get several Disney ones along with snowball and tuxedo for me...
....my sister has been collecting Hallmark ornaments for about 30 years now...I think her oldest collection is "Frosty Friends", or maybe "Frosty and Friends"...?

Last edited:
....my sister has been collecting Hallmark ornaments for about 30 years now...I think her oldest collection is "Frosty Friends"...?

I started giving my kids Hallmark ornaments every year when they were young, so 35 years or so ago. Me longer than that. I can't put them all on the tree.
Now I like the baking ones and Disney

Lynxtch, wow early morning cool sure did give way to heat out there! Here inside the apartment right now is warmer than outside (I think). The building next door is only feet away on one side so not much air flow :( Oh my goodness, many prayers for your stepson and other family members, how scary! Now, that is welcome surprise from State Farm! Amen to your words about our Dis family right here in this thread! I, too, am humbled and most grateful to God for all of you! Aww, that is adorable! Thank you for thinking of me! I appreciate to your sharing your new Dumbo friend, so cute! When I get back to Disneyland before Christmas one day, I will have to be on the lookout for a Dumbo ornament that would be small or light enough to fit on a small Christmas tree. Either that or be able to stand upright beside one :dumbo:

Don’t “freeze” Meriweather at only 85 degrees :P I’m sorry, my friend, it has been so HOT for you. Have fun ornament shopping!

Hug, AuntieMe3, I will PM you later today but want to right now send an extra hug :)

Your ornament band sounds very cute, Sparkle!

Welcome, Kimmar067! :flower3:

Thankfully it is starting to cool off a bit here this afternoon, only 82 now. Tomorrow and Thursday should be cooler then the temps ramp up again.

My pet peeve tends to be related to using the correct word such as there, their, and they're or using supposably instead of supposedly. Older DS had a girlfriend who always said supposably and I cringed every time. At least he didn't marry her. LOL!

I went to the dentist today and safely precautions were in place. I went before it cooled off today so my temp was 100.5 Yikes and I am not sick. By the time I got to the chair, about 10 seconds later, where they took it again, it was down over a degree to 99.4 so I was good to go. The hygienist said it happens all the time in the summer. I guess my temp is affected by the heat. At home my temp is usually 97.8. Learn something new every day. Note to self: cool off before having temp taken.

Hallmark ornaments are lovely. We have some from when the kids were little. Now we tend to pick up ornaments as souvenirs.

Hi All!

First good news here: I'm an Auntie Tina again! My SIL had #4 today. That's lot at one time with 4 kids under age 5 now. I'll start putting food in crock pot and making some egg muffins and such tomorrow try to prep and probably head up at the end of the week and see how I can play with the nieces and nephews and snuggle new baby.

Matt's diploma came in the mail today and I got to give him his graduation gift of a super fancy frame with coins and such from Purdue University. Not much fanfare but he has his biggest fan with him.

I'm exhausted. I had class this morning, 4 hour zoom board meeting today and I had emotional intervention with someone yesterday. I hope I sleep good tonight!

Now before I go to bed I think I'll shop on Hallmark and start buying my nieces and nephews ornaments as part of their gifts.

Gratitudes:
Healthy and safe delivery of beautiful baby girl
Productive day
Just blessed day

Oh and I have probably a million pet peeves but I really hate when the sheets aren't pulled taught on the mattress of if the bedding is up to high top of the bed. My husband is 6'2 and I'm barely 5'3 and if he pulls it to his neck you can tuck it in over my head. So he sleeps down in the bed and I sleep up in the bed so bedding is at my shoulder level lol. He calls me Princess and Pea because being so picky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!