question about 800s with galloway method

BOLTZPRIDE

Earning My Ears
Im a interval runner and i want to training with some 800 repeats. do i use my 60sec run/30sec walk for the half mile repeats or run it straight?
thanks

I'm a Galloway runner and just started doing some track repeats. We are still building up on our 400m runs, but moving to 800s soon and our plan is to run them straight. I think the point of his track work is to build up running endurance on those days, although frankly his information in his books and on his website isn't perfectly clear on that, but it is the approach we are taking.

What @ZellyB said! The purpose of speed/track workouts is to push your body to its max - so this means running the whole distance through without a walk break. There will be a "recovery period" after each speed interval that you can walk and recover and then start on the next repeat.

Also, I certainly wouldn't jump straight into 800s right away as that's a fast-track to injury and/or frustration. Work up to 800s. 200s, 400s and when you feel you plateau at 400s, go hard on the 800s. You can also include/start with Fartlek workouts to help get you up to running the speed intervals straight through.

For example, the Higdon Advanced Half-Marathon program doesn't jump to 800s until week 7. It also incorporates Hill Repeats, which I feel like you have to couple with track workouts if you really want to improve speed. Plus, it's good to mix things up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts