Question about accessible rooms

Biscuitsmom31

<font color=peach>Burn a candle to deal with the s
My family stayed in an accessible FW Cabin last August. It was perfect for us because we have 4 kids and the cabins sleep 6. Well, we want to go back this August and my mother and my sister want to come along. They are on a limited budget so we were looking at staying at a value and getting two rooms. My husband and I would stay in a room with two kids and my mother and sister would stay with the other two kids. Here's the problem, my husband is in a wheelchair and I've heard all the accessible rooms have king beds. How do we handle this situation? Is it the same story at the moderates?

Don't quote me on this, but I know that if your reservation is made through Special Needs and depending on the size of your party, if the handicapped accesible room has a King bed, a 2nd connecting room will be added at no charge. I know this is true at the Wilderness Lodge, but not sure about the others. You will have to call special needs directly for this.
Have a great trip!

It's true at ALL hotels ,disney or not. Some of the values also have 2 double beds with roll in showers. Call special services and talk to them.

If the only reason you need a second room is because of your disability, then they need to give you 2 rooms without extra charge. That doesn't really apply in this case because a total of 8 people would need 2 rooms in any case.

But, if you have a total of 8 people, you do need 2 rooms with 2 beds, rather than a king and connected room with 2 beds.
Special Needs should be able to come up with some solution for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter