Question about Archery Experience location

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at CCV in December and I'm thinking of making reservations for the Archery Experience at Ft. W while we are there. Is the area where the Archery Experience takes place walkable from the Ft. W boat dock?

I haven’t done it myself but I believe it takes place behind the bike barn which is at the Meadows bus stop. When you arrive at the Fort you can take the Orange or Purple bus to the Meadows stop. It’s behind the trading post across a small bridge.

This picture below is four years old but to support the answer above, the Archery activity takes place immediately behind the Bike Barn at Fort Wilderness.

20160324_155944_zps70gnp84r.jpg

When you get off the boat at the Fort dock, walk up to the bus station at the Settlement Bus Depot past Trails End Restaurant. Get on the Yellow, Orange, or Purple bus (they all will get you there) and ask the driver to let you know where to get off for the Bike Barn.

The archery activity takes place behind the BB. You can also walk there from the Fort dock in 15-20 minutes also.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I am resurrecting this thread as we had to cancel December and are now hoping for June! It looks like the boats from WL to Ft. W still aren't running, so I'm assuming, our best bet to get to the archery experience is to bus from WL to Ft. W and then hop on the Yellow, Orange or Purple bus - is that correct? Also, can we walk from the archery experience to the horse stable? And what is the best way to get to MK after the archery experience? Bus to Settlement area and then boat to MK? We are hoping to do the 11:30 am archery experience, see the stable, maybe get P&J's takeout and then go to MK - any advice on the best way to do this is greatly appreciated!!

The bus to the Archery Experience is still correct. The horse stable is right across the street from the bus at the Settlement. So get to the Fort on the bus from WL. If you have time, go see horses, otherwise, jump on bus and go to the archery experience. Take bus back to Settlement and go see horses if you haven't. Place your mobile order at some point so you can pick it up when you want it. There are tables by P&J so you can eat and the playground is right there if you have little kids. Eating at the tables by the boat dock is really nice too. Then take the boat to MK. It sounds like a lovely time to me!!

The bus to the Archery Experience is still correct. The horse stable is right across the street from the bus at the Settlement. So get to the Fort on the bus from WL. If you have time, go see horses, otherwise, jump on bus and go to the archery experience. Take bus back to Settlement and go see horses if you haven't. Place your mobile order at some point so you can pick it up when you want it. There are tables by P&J so you can eat and the playground is right there if you have little kids. Eating at the tables by the boat dock is really nice too. Then take the boat to MK. It sounds like a lovely time to me!!

That is AWESOME!! Thank you so much! I think it will be a really fun day! Thank you!

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded to this thread. We FINALLY got to have our day at Ft. Wilderness this past week and the transportation was easy peasy!! We bused to MK, took the boat to Ft. Wilderness (had the boat to ourselves at 10:30 am!), visiting the stables, had P&J's takeout, then bused to the Meadows, kayaked, sifted for gems and did the archery experience. We then walked back to Settlement (not too long!) to catch the boat to MK and bus to YC. It was SO much easier than I thought it would be and now we want to stay at the Fort! Thank you, again. Your info was incredibly valuable and certainly made our day much easier.

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded to this thread. We FINALLY got to have our day at Ft. Wilderness this past week and the transportation was easy peasy!!

It was SO much easier than I thought it would be and now we want to stay at the Fort! Thank you, again. Your info was incredibly valuable and certainly made our day much easier.

Martha,

We're glad you had a great day at the Fort. Now you know why we campers think it's one of the hidden gems of Disney World. Maybe you can stay with us at the Fort in a CABIN in the future [because the CAMPSITES are so darn hard to get now as it is :crazy: ].

Hope the family will carry those great memories with them for a long time. That's the important thing about that day.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Martha,

We're glad you had a great day at the Fort. Now you know why we campers think it's one of the hidden gems of Disney World. Maybe you can stay with us at the Fort in a CABIN in the future [because the CAMPSITES are so darn hard to get now as it is :crazy: ].

Hope the family will carry those great memories with them for a long time. That's the important thing about that day.

Bama Ed

LOL! Yes, a cabin!! We don't have an RV, but I will say I am tempted after seeing the ones at the Fort - it looks like so much fun! Thank you for all of your help! Can't wait to go back to the Fort someday soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter