question about bird feeders??

battricia

<font color=FF00CC>From the home of the Peeps and
I got a bird feeder for christmas and I wanted to some how 'water proof' it. it's wood and I'm afraid it will get all yucky from rain or snow or whatever. I was thinking maybe I could use food safe wax like they use on kitchen counters or something. Has anyone done this with their bird feeder or have any advice? I don't want to paint it because I really like the natural wood look. Thanks!

tricia.

I don't know about the wax, but we used a sealant we had leftover from the playset and it worked fine. It was a clear product.

We never seal ours as we dont know which sealers are safe to which birds and which are not. Its counter-producative to feed them and kill them. Our feeders just age gracefully ;) . They change looks, but I've never had to throw one away due to slime or mold or anything like that. More than likely your feeder is cedar or redwood, both naturally water resistant (not water proof). Do you have a local wild bird feeder store? We have about three of them! :confused3 I have never been inside one, but if you have one you might call and ask them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter