question about BOG PPO breakfast....

rasadkowski

DIS Veteran
ok...I apologize in advance about this really dumb question. But, I could use some planning help....

I have not been to BOG for breakfast, and I have not been to MK since the new welcome show.
I have always enjoyed CP Breakfasts for being able to enter the park early and enjoying calmly heading in our touring direction before the rope drop crowd arrived...
We have a few PPO BOG breakfasts planned for our trip this year, and I am curious if it will be helpful at all.

Do you think that a PPO BOG breakfast would only give you a slight advantage over rope drop crowd if you're headed to Fantasyland? If there is a morning that we want to head to Fronteirland at rope drop, or Space Mountain, would it be "better" for us to just enter the park and grab breakfast with the rest of the crowd, or should we keep the PPO BOG breakfast? Would we actually be at a disadvantage being way over at BOG?

Thanks so much! Sorry if it seems silly, I just don't know where the BOG crowd is held after breakfast and don't know if it would actually be a worse situation if we're headed to Fronteirland that morning.

PPO Bog gives you an advantage for one ride, really, in Fantasyland. It provides 0 advantage for either Tomorrowland or Frontierland, and actually probably negative "advantage" for those two.

For us, yes PPO BOG was a big help! During a very busy Spring Break week, we got to park about 7:30 a.m., and were let in about 7:45 a.m. - had pre-ordered, entered BOG about 8 a.m., were out by 8:40 a.m. (had plenty of time to eat). We were able to ride SDMT twice before the crowds and have an extremely short wait at Peter Pan. We went on to Frontierland and rode Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, etc., with very short 5-10 min waits. Because so many people rope drop rides in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, you can usually avoid big lines in Frontierland until about 10 a.m. We got our first pass for Jungle Cruise in Frontierland at 10:30 a.m. right when crowds started hitting that side of the park (by then Jungle Cruise had a standby wait of about 40 mins).

For us, yes PPO BOG was a big help! During a very busy Spring Break week, we got to park about 7:30 a.m., and were let in about 7:45 a.m. - had pre-ordered, entered BOG about 8 a.m., were out by 8:40 a.m. (had plenty of time to eat). We were able to ride SDMT twice before the crowds and have an extremely short wait at Peter Pan. We went on to Frontierland and rode Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, etc., with very short 5-10 min waits. Because so many people rope drop rides in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, you can usually avoid big lines in Frontierland until about 10 a.m. We got our first pass for Jungle Cruise in Frontierland at 10:30 a.m. right when crowds started hitting that side of the park (by then Jungle Cruise had a standby wait of about 40 mins).
I'm so sorry if this is a stupid question - are you able to ride before the park officially opens? We have a PPO BOG reservation at 8:20 (park opens at 9 that day). IF we were to be finished eating before 9, we could just walk right on to SDMT, for example?

Also, what time will they let us into MK for this reservation? TIA!!

I'm so sorry if this is a stupid question - are you able to ride before the park officially opens? We have a PPO BOG reservation at 8:20 (park opens at 9 that day). IF we were to be finished eating before 9, we could just walk right on to SDMT, for example?

For us on the Spring Break week I mentioned, crowds start hitting the ride right at 9 a.m. (people are pretty close at the castle for the morning show, and head over in a wave as soon as it is over). It is my understanding that if you have a PPO reservation for BOG before 8:30 a.m., you can go into the park in the ADR line at 7:45 a.m. (NOTE: there isn't anything official that says this, it was just a tip I saw here... worked for us, I think our reservation was about 8:15 a.m. for a 9 a.m. park opening day)... go back to BOG about 8 a.m. and be let right in (since we had pre-ordered)... took maybe about 5 mins to get through and scan our bands for payment. So, we were out and in SDMT line before crowds hit.

NOTE: Pretty much everyone can get into the MK early now and be on Main Street since that is where the morning show is. BUT, BOG PPO reservations get let back into Fantasyland where restaurant is (they checked my reservation before letting me pass this checkpoint - they'll have signs... for us, it was to the left of the castle... before you got to the castle).

That was my experience - we are hoping to do the same in December... currently have another 8:15 a.m. BOG reservation on what will hopefully stay a 9 a.m. park opening day. :)

NOTE: Pretty much everyone can get into the MK early now and be on Main Street since that is where the morning show is. BUT, BOG PPO reservations get let back into Fantasyland where restaurant is (they checked my reservation before letting me pass this checkpoint - they'll have signs... for us, it was to the left of the castle... before you got to the castle).

Excellent tip - thank you!! I assume they check it by your name on a tablet or scan your Magic Band? We will plan to arrive at MK about 7:35 then, it sounds like.

are you able to ride before the park officially opens? We have a PPO BOG reservation at 8:20 (park opens at 9 that day). IF we were to be finished eating before 9, we could just walk right on to SDMT, for example?

Whether or not you'll be allowed onto SDMT before the park opens varies a lot. We had 3 different experiences in July. Once we were only allowed to line up early (still an advantage over the regular park crowd). Another day we rode twice before the park opened. We could have gone again, but we wanted to line up to be among the first on Peter Pan. And one of the days was truly magical. We rode several times in a row. More than once, the ride was mostly empty! We were one of the only families done with breakfast that early.

We were allowed to enter the park at 7:45 and go directly to BOG even with an 8:25 reservation one morning (another morning we had an 8:00 and the other we were at CRT). No one told us we had to wait until closer to our reservation time. We were the second family to arrive at BOG that morning.

As others have said, we were at the park by 7:30 and were let in at 7:45. If you are going at an especially busy time, 7:30 might be on the late side. If I had a PPO during a busy time, I'd try to arrive closer to 7:15. Not sure if it makes a difference since all PPO dining reservations enter the park in the same place, but we always try to leave extra time for things when crowd levels are high.

This is our experiance...
We were able to hop on 7DMT 3 times at 7:45 am before the RD crowd arrived on a NON Early Morning Magic day. If there is EMM, you will not be let on until 9 am fot sure. They hold the crowd back and only EMM wristband holders are allowed on.
Also, if it's a Early Magic Hour that day (early ad.ission of any resort guest) there will 've a long que when you finish eating for 7DMT.
Hope this clarifies it a little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter