• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Booking by Telephone

MinnieYC

DIS Veteran
DH & I have decided to bite the bullet and make our DLP reservation!

For those of you who have booked by phone (those of you from the UK, US, and Canada particularly), approximately how long did it take to do this? Were you on hold for a while? I'm just asking since I need to buy a phone card to make a call to the UK to make my reservation. I know it'll be pricey, but I hope buy close to the number of minutes that I really need (I will buy more than that to be safe, but I don't want to buy an hour's worth if it isn't necessary). If it's of any use, I will probably be calling around 13:00 GMT.

Thanks!

Can't help much I'm afraid. We're in UK and most times you can get through pretty much straightaway but there have been times when we've been put on hold for quite a while. Even when you get through it takes quite a while to sort everything out. I'm guessing it's going to be pretty busy on the lines at the moment. Could you buy one of those cards which you could use again later on eg: from France to NY?

I'm from the US, and I booked by phone. I called the reservation line at approx 1pm CST on a Sunday afternoon and I was on the phone for about 15 min. The call would have taken even less time, but I did have a few questions re: meal certificates. You can also book online, so you may want to go that route. I know thatyou cal also book DLP reservations by calling the WDW reservations line and telling them that you want to book a stay at DLP. They will transfer you to another dept. which will be able to assist you. Unfortunately, the US CMs have limited info re: DLP.

Good luck!

i was on hold for about 10 mins on a sunday afternoon when we booked ours, had everything sorted in around 10 minutes after getting through, very easy, pay a deposit then paying the rest off 4 weeks before we had to go.

dead quick simple and cheaper than everywhere else we tried

Thanks all!
I'll be calling tomorrow. Wish us luck! It seems here that often the best rates are by phone. I did get a fairly decent (not bad, but not great, thanks to the ever-declining value of the US dollar) quote via e-mail, so I hope to get at least that by phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter