Question about CM Discounts?

atlgal22

Earning My Ears
Hi,

My mom has been working as a CM for a while, but we always go to Disneyland. I want her to book a hotel and tickets for me at Disneyworld, but she wasn't quite sure about the rules/how to do it, and since its the weekend, can't ask anyone.

Is she able to book 2 rooms at a hotel at the Disneyland Resort in Orlando for me, assuming there is no black out dates, even if she won't be present at all? Also, I heard that she can buy me tickets for 10% off, can she get those for me in advance, or would she have to be present for that?

Thanks so much for your help! I'm trying to have as much knowledge for her as possible, so it's not a burden for her to book all this for me.

Thanks!

She needs to book on the HUB for you. All the info is there.
Kerry, I'm a Disney employee. I have a question and I don't know where to ask it on the HUB. You seem knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask you and hoping you can answer it or send me to a site to answer it. I am going to book a room for a friend. She would also like to book the free dining. Can she do that after I book her room or are employee room reservations not allowed to book "free dining". Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Kerry, I'm a Disney employee. I have a question and I don't know where to ask it on the HUB. You seem knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask you and hoping you can answer it or send me to a site to answer it. I am going to book a room for a friend. She would also like to book the free dining. Can she do that after I book her room or are employee room reservations not allowed to book "free dining". Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
No, she would have to book either or. The free dining is a different promotion that is a general public discount. You can book her a Friends and Family room and add dinning, but it would be full price dinning. Free dinning is paying rack rate for a room and getting “free” dinning during that promotional time period. Also, Friends and Family for 2020 can now only be booked 4 months prior to arrival and depends on availability.

Can you send the link for the HUB I think I have found it but it's saying I don't have access. I started Aug 12 in the CP finished traditions so shouldn't I have access? my family wants to book hotel.

Can you send the link for the HUB I think I have found it but it's saying I don't have access. I started Aug 12 in the CP finished traditions so shouldn't I have access? my family wants to book hotel.
You have to book the room. They won’t have access to the HUB. Call the cast booking line and book their room. You can ask on the Cast Member Forum here on the Dis. You have to get permission to join. I joined so long ago I don’t remember who I sent my info to. Ask one of the mods

Don’t know what happened to my reply! You have to book the room for them. They can’t go on the HUB. There is a cast member forum her on the DIS. You have to ask a mod to join. Call the cast booking line to book their room.

Hey @KerryCM you initial reply is contained in the "Quote" section from @rene1362 in your post. It has happened to me a few times so I now look closely at quotes when I see a post that does not seem to have a reply.

Dave

Kerry, I have a quick question. My daughter is currently in Orlando as a CP. She has booked a room for us for later this month. However, she has noticed there is a Cast Resort Offer button above the Book Now button, and it goes to what we've been calling the cheap sheet. It's a list of resorts with particular rooms (i.e. Wilderness Lodge, woods view, bunk beds) that are available only on particular dates for super low prices. I hope you know what I'm referencing. Is there any rhyme or reason to how often they update this sheet. We leave in less than two weeks, and they haven't updated the sheet for dates beyond September 14th. We were hoping to get an even better deal that we already have. Thoughts?

Kerry, I have a quick question. My daughter is currently in Orlando as a CP. She has booked a room for us for later this month. However, she has noticed there is a Cast Resort Offer button above the Book Now button, and it goes to what we've been calling the cheap sheet. It's a list of resorts with particular rooms (i.e. Wilderness Lodge, woods view, bunk beds) that are available only on particular dates for super low prices. I hope you know what I'm referencing. Is there any rhyme or reason to how often they update this sheet. We leave in less than two weeks, and they haven't updated the sheet for dates beyond September 14th. We were hoping to get an even better deal that we already have. Thoughts?
Sorry, I have no idea what that is. I no longer have HUB access so I can’t help with that

A CM has made reservations at a Disneyland hotel for us. My question since I have been unable to get a clear answer, is if the CM will also be with us at check in (they will be checking into their own room), is a Friends and Family voucher also required at check in to receive the discounted rates?

Would appreciate any input. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. When I called to confirm reservations at the Disney Go line, the representative stated that a voucher was necessary.

The reservation is under my name. Would I be able ti make payment using my own credit card?

Does the CM need to provide any additional paperwork to verify employment?

My apologies for all my questions, I've been reading so many different things and also the CM is not very clear on the policy since this is their first time using the benefit.

Thanks again.

Not sure what voucher they are talking about. I was there last June with my son and his family. Checked in the same time, I didn't have a voucher and it was fine. I know when I make a Friends and Family booking when I am NOT going I have to fax a copy of my ID, front and back to the resort 10 days before the guest's arrival. I have never done anything when I am checking in at the same time. Phone CMs usually don't know that much! Yes, you make payments using your own credit card.

Thank you for your reply. When I called to confirm reservations at the Disney Go line, the representative stated that a voucher was necessary.

The reservation is under my name. Would I be able ti make payment using my own credit card?

Does the CM need to provide any additional paperwork to verify employment?

My apologies for all my questions, I've been reading so many different things and also the CM is not very clear on the policy since this is their first time using the benefit.

Thanks again.

I've used a CM discount and she just had to go to the front desk and show her ID to prove that she booked it and was still a CM. She had to book it initially and put the deposit (I gave her my credit card info), but I was then able to link it to my MDE and make payments, magic bands, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!