Question about Dinner on your own

Amanda&Mike

Dizzy in a Teacup
Hi Everyone,
Sorry if this has already been answered. I was reviewing our itinerary for our upcoming ABD and there is one night where we have "Dinner on your own". My question is, do people usually go off and do their own thing on these nights or do people get together with others in the group for dinner? (probably a little of both I presume) The reason I ask is that we were considering booking an evening food tour that night but did not want to do that if we would be isolating ourselves from the rest of the ABD group.

Thanks!

Do whatever you want! One day in Austria we decided we'd rather do our own thing and broke away from the planned day's activities. We had a great time and people in the group actually enjoyed hearing about it.

There was a mix on our trip. And even though several families were eating at the same restaurant (reservations made by ABD for us), we were seated in a completely different room from everyone else. I say do whatever you want to.

I think it is also based on where you'll be for OYO dinner. When we were on the AZ/UT trip, one of our OYO dinners was at Red Cliffs Lodge, which is isolated from the main drag in Moab. We shared a table with two people from our tour.

If you are interested in the food tour do it! we have done a bunch of ABDs. The guides will always give recommendations on places to eat etc. If you go to one of those places you will definitely see others in your group. Some people may choose to dine with another family or two. It definitely would not be looked at weird to do your own thing. Everyone has their own preferences on what kind of food and time to eat. Do what you prefer. That being said- the time for the oyo dinner can sometimes get pushed back. so make sure you have put in a cushion for when you need to be at the tour. For example in Wyoming we got back at least an hour later than planned and so most dinner reservations had to be rebooked. This could make it tricky if the tour is leaving at a certain time.

It really does depend. If folks have other plans (which they often do) they will go off on their own (or might ask others if they want to join - if it's the kind of thing folks can join). If they don't have plans, they may make their own plans and go off, or ask around "does anyone want to do X" or there have been times where I asked around "does anyone mind if I join them"? It's pretty fluid.

I don't think anyone will mind one way or the other if you have other plans - it's rarely a whole group thing. If there's something you really want to do, sign up!

Sayhello

I was reviewing our itinerary for our upcoming ABD and there is one night where we have "Dinner on your own". My question is, do people usually go off and do their own thing on these nights or do people get together with others in the group for dinner? (probably a little of both I presume)
Yes, you are right that there is a little of both. You'll find that some folks get together with their (new) friends and dine together. Others prefer to strike out on their own. It somewhat depends on what type of person you are.

The guides will usually suggest places to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter