Question about employee park tickets

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I have a friend in the college program that is letting us use some of his park tickets. My question is how do they work? Once we enter the park are we able to leave midday and come back, or do we essentially lose our ticket once we leave the park? I’d like to have dinner at Ohana, but come back to the park for the nighttime show. I’m not sure if that’s possible.

Yes you can link the ticket ahead of time and make FP+ - so if you have a reservation 60 days in advance. 30 if you are with someone with a paid admission or 7 days prior with just the pass.

If he is in the college program- they should be 1 day park hopper guest passes. Once he earns them he gets an email and they will show up in his account on the Hub- I'm pretty sure he can email you the "ticket" and then you can take the code and add it to your My Disney Experience account.

Yes you can link the ticket ahead of time and make FP+ - so if you have a reservation 60 days in advance. 30 if you are with someone with a paid admission or 7 days prior with just the pass.
So, are you saying if you are using one of these tickets, you can only make FP 7 days in advance, even if you are staying on site?

No 60 days with an on site- just like a regular ticket. Of course they have to earn the passes which takes about 4-5 weeks.

Can someone in the DCP buy a ticket for their parent to use at a discount or will it be regular price?

If a DCP employee hits 150 hours this week and the pay period ends on Saturday how quickly do the free tickets appear in their Hub?

My D earned her's as of Saturday-she still has not gotten the email to tell her she has earned it. We think that will happen tomorrow and then it might take up until Sunday until they show up in the account- so for reference it was 6 weeks from check in to actually getting her first set of passes. I will confirm it when it happens.

The email telling my DD that she earned her passes came late Wednesday. The email stated that the passes will be in her account on the Hub on Sunday. From there, she can email the tickets to us and we can link them to our MDE account. We have magic bands and we also purchased park tickets so we could go to blocked out parks. I was informed on another thread that I should go to guest relations and have them prioritize the ticket I wanted to use before I entered the park. That way we don't accidentally use a paid admission when we want to use the free guest pass. My DD also needs to link her self admission ticket to her MDE account so she can make FP+, she also has an AP, so she will have to go to guest relations and prioritize which pass she is using that day.

So for my DD it took almost 6 full weeks to actually get her first set of guest passes. Hope this helps!

The email telling my DD that she earned her passes came late Wednesday. The email stated that the passes will be in her account on the Hub on Sunday. From there, she can email the tickets to us and we can link them to our MDE account. We have magic bands and we also purchased park tickets so we could go to blocked out parks. I was informed on another thread that I should go to guest relations and have them prioritize the ticket I wanted to use before I entered the park. That way we don't accidentally use a paid admission when we want to use the free guest pass. My DD also needs to link her self admission ticket to her MDE account so she can make FP+, she also has an AP, so she will have to go to guest relations and prioritize which pass she is using that day.

So for my DD it took almost 6 full weeks to actually get her first set of guest passes. Hope this helps!
I saw my dd got an email a week ago or so saying my dd already has a guest ticket. Seems too soon..?!?

I saw my dd got an email a week ago or so saying my dd already has a guest ticket. Seems too soon..?!?
Mine did too- it was a welcome gift?? Not sure if they do it all the time. So she has had 1 in her account, but is getting the typical 3 passes on Sunday.

Mine did too- it was a welcome gift?? Not sure if they do it all the time. So she has had 1 in her account, but is getting the typical 3 passes on Sunday.
Ah ok! I was really confused how she’d earned one already lol. So the 3 passes are after 150 hours?

Yes
Then 3 more at 300 hours
3 more at 600 hours
How do you find out this kind of stuff? My dd seems to really be clueless about a lot of the benefits they get. I'd like to know how her CM discount works for tours. We have family going for a week in March to visit her and they are DISnerds and would love to do some tours. My dd can't seem to find the info. She just now checked rates and said nothing was available so not sure if she really checked right. It'd be nice if we parents were allowed to check ourselves lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!