Question about Fantasmic, and Sunday Crowds

brad813

DIS Veteran
On 11/5/2017, Fantasmic is listed for 8:30 even though Hollywood Studios closes at 8pm. I am not sure what to make of this. Can anyone shed some light on it?

Also, is Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom typically more crowded on Sundays?

It just means that the park will close at 8, but the F! show won't begin until 8:30. You would want to be in the theater by 8 PM anyway. As with all park closings, all attractions will close their lines at 8, but many shops and such remain open as people make their way out. I think if there is still room in the theater they will still let you in, even after 8, but the theater is usually pretty full by 30 minutes prior.

As for crowds, it's not really based on the day of the week at WDW. It's going to depend on certain factors, like park hours and special events. Rule of thumb, the park that is open later will be more crowded and the park offering EMH (either morning or evening) will be more crowded. An exception to this is Magic Kingdom is usually crowded on Mondays because it is of the the first day of a family's vacation, and Saturdays because of increased attendance by locals.

It just means that the park will close at 8, but the F! show won't begin until 8:30. You would want to be in the theater by 8 PM anyway. As with all park closings, all attractions will close their lines at 8, but many shops and such remain open as people make their way out. I think if there is still room in the theater they will still let you in, even after 8, but the theater is usually pretty full by 30 minutes prior.

As for crowds, it's not really based on the day of the week at WDW. It's going to depend on certain factors, like park hours and special events. Rule of thumb, the park that is open later will be more crowded and the park offering EMH (either morning or evening) will be more crowded. An exception to this is Magic Kingdom is usually crowded on Mondays because it is of the the first day of a family's vacation, and Saturdays because of increased attendance by locals.

Just trying to get a feel on how people approach the parks. I am doing a Wednesday to Sunday trip with a break day to head to St. Augustine for a half day, or spend a day at the beach or Space Center. Have a National Parks Pass, so figure that would be cheaper than parkhoppers and give me a bit of a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!