Question about use of Grand Californian room fridge??

misscampbells

Disboard Junkie in Idaho
Hi there, me again!

For those of you that have stayed at the GC, are you able to use the fridge to keep things cold? Or is that only if you are purchasing items? The reason I ask is we are contemplating staying there now, but if we can't use the fridge, then we will stay somewhere else. I know it sounds petty, but with two kids, I'm gonna need the fridge for milk or whatever.

Thanks,
Kathy

We've got 2 kids, a 5yo & an 8yo. We asked them to lock the fridge with the minibar iside and also requested from housekeeping (i believe) another fridge for us to use. They were very accomodating. As with everything disney, room requests are not guaranteed, but definitely have them note it in your reservations that you want another fridge.

whatever you do- don't TOUCH anything you don't want to pay for! The fridge is "sensored" and the stuff I moved over to make room for my water bottles- I was charged for.

I hope you didn't have to pay more for a fridge! I looked on disneyland.com and it shows that all 3 on-site hotels have a fridge, that had better mean that you can use the fridge without an extra charge.

There was no charge for the additional fridge. Becasue of the way the minibar is set up, they are pretty used to having to lock the minibar fridge and sending up an empty fridge. Just like Kris mom wrote, don't touch anything inside the fridge with the minibar. Just touching an item, activates a sensor which triggers a charge. Just ask them to lock up the minibar to avoid any issues.

I have reservations in Oct. at the GC and when I requested a fridge there was no problem. The CM I spoke with said there will be no charge.

Just got back and we requested a fridge while there - got one no problem and no charge for it. There is a very small space in the mini bar fridge to use but like others said I wouldn't use it as it is sensored to charge you if you touch anything.

The mini fridge we got froze our water - :rotfl2: So we did have to adjust the settings in it. Have fun!

Wow this is good to know. I'll make sure we don't touch anything in the minibar.

Yes, just request an empty fridge either at check in, or call the night before and they shuold have it waiting for you. Have a magical trip!

I checked out a bottle of wine in the refrigerator (even removed it to read the label), but I put it back in less than a minute. We were not charged for the wine. I read the label about removing items after I had removed the wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter