Question Anout November Ressie and My Sept UY Points

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

I currently have a three bedroom GV booked at SSR for November 10-15. I am using my September 2020 UY points.

We are three couples going for our Friendsgiving trip, whthis year I chose Disney.

If one couple ends up not going (they just sold their house and waiting to close and do work on another), I believe if I change my ressie to one with less points, the points just go back yo my September 2020 UY. I would need to do this before 30 days out. They arent borrowed or distressed. Is this correct?

What happens if after 30 days the couple ends up canceling and I decide to move us to a two bedroom? What happens to my September 2020 UY points?

Thank you very much!

What happens if after 30 days the couple ends up canceling and I decide to move us to a two bedroom? What happens to my September 2020 UY points?

Thank you very much!
It’s 31 days, not 30, and in a normal time those points would go into holding. But currently, DVC is not enforcing holding restrictions on late cancellations or when rebooking requires fewer points. That courtesy could change any time, so don’t rely on it being extended to you next month.

As mentioned, if you cancel less than 31 days out, the 2020 points will be in holding, They will expire at the end of the UY, and can only be used to book trips 60 days or less from check in,

I agree with the other poster that I would not count on DVCs temporary policy in deciding, They will remove it at some point and most likely, with no notice,

So, if you pass that deadline, know there is a chance it could be back to normal rules at any time.

Thank you both. So if my September UY points went into holding, I would be able to book a trip no more than two months out and use my points by August 31, 2021. Is that correct? (Not counting on MS putting the points back.)

If I have above correct regarding using holding points, I will roll the dice. I believe I can book a trip using those points before end of August 2021.

Thank you.

So if my September UY points went into holding, I would be able to book a trip no more than two months out and use my points by August 31, 2021. Is that correct? (Not counting on MS putting the points back.)
Yes, that is correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter