• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for anyone waiting for Oct AP rates ?

poohkinandpiglet

<font color=663300>Longhorn Fan<br><font color=cc6
Did you already book your ressie without the rate and are hoping to apply a great rate later? I'm staying DVC for Sun-Thurs night of our stay but am going to need a ressie for:

Sat, Oct 15- moderate/anything but CBR
Fri, Oct 21- AKL

I haven't booked yet since I plan on using an AP code when they come out. Now, I'm thinking I should go ahead and book something since it looks like park crowds are going to be bigger than they were last year. Suggestions, comments, PLEASE!

We are goin Oct 29-Nov 5. I've booked room only reservations, since I can cancel them with no penalty. I'm guaranteed to have those rooms, but if something better comes along, then I can switch (even to a package at that point ) and not lose any money like I would with an entire package.

why the anything but CBR? I"ve never stayed at this one before, but was going to this fall. Now I hear such mixed reviews--people either love it or hate it. We've got 3 little boys, so please tell me!

Yes. I always do for the 2nd weekend if doing DVC, as points are pricey compared with a moderate or value. I currently have POR AAA rate for October 7-10, then on to BWV. Doing the AP rate watch (once again!) for POR/POFQ.:rolleyes:

pennst8r said:
why the anything but CBR? I"ve never stayed at this one before, but was going to this fall. Now I hear such mixed reviews--people either love it or hate it. We've got 3 little boys, so please tell me!

We loved CBR. We stayed in Martinique so we wern't too far from the food court and main pool. I hear a lot of people complain about how spread out the resort is but we had a preferred room. We loved the main pool and pool bar area. We ate most of our meals poolside - just brought out a try from the food court, which we loved. We have small kids so we were usually back from the parks early but we would take our kids down for a snack and sit and feed the ducks while we watched fireworks from Epcot from behind the main poolbar. We also explored the Parrot Cay Island (I think that's what it was called.) The kiddie pool is very big and the kids also loved the pool slide in the big pool. They also loved playing on the "beach" in the sand. We really felt like we got "away" at CBR and would definitely stay here again! HTH! :flower:

pennst8r said:

Ditto! I too would like to know why the OP says, "anything but CBR." I have a reservation for this resort (1st time) this coming Dec. I'm not flaming you for your comment, I'm just genuinely curious about why you want to stay clear of it. TIA! :sunny:

pennst8r said:

The only reason I said anything but CBR is that I don't want another "beach themed" hotel. We live near a coastal area and spend a lot of time at the beach. I'm looking at POFQ or CSR just for something different. I've never stayed at CBR but I'm sure it's great and I'm sure your little boys will LOVE it. My 5 year old son is a total beach bum-- just give him a bucket and a shovel and he's occupied for a day! :sunny:

thanks for the CBR info! Since we have 5 people, our choices are more limited. We've done POR twice since the boys love it, but the trundle bed is getting small! We've stayed at others pre-kids, and before the 3rd was born. THis time we opted for 2 connecting rooms at CBR--Trinidad North. I just picked one we hadn't been to. I was worried there for a minute that I should run and change the reservation!

we are waiting too but went ahead and had our friend who is a cm book us with her friends and family discount. for our trips its 40% off rack rate and she booked them for the CSR. I think thats the best Im going to get.

We are waiting for AP rates as well, but wanted a standard room at AS Mo. If AP rates do not become available, we will still keep this reservation the way it is. I hope the rates are really good, though, since we missed out on the free dining by 3 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter