Question For Fixed Week Owners

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
I will be cancelling my December CCV fixed week reservation, which will put 118 points back into my 2020 UY. Once these points are banked, will Disney use these banked points first when making my fixed week reservation in 2021? TIA!

I'm pretty sure they will not use them for the fixed week in 2021. Once you cancel the reservation, you will get 10% more points in your account. They are now normal points, not fixed week points.

I'm pretty sure they will not use them for the fixed week in 2021. Once you cancel the reservation, you will get 10% more points in your account. They are now normal points, not fixed week points.
At the beginning of the UY, I am deposited 118 points. I can use them for any reservation. I only must notify MS that I’m not Using my FW. If there are enough banked points to use for the FW requirement, why would they not use the banked points first?

At the beginning of the UY, I am deposited 118 points. I can use them for any reservation. I only must notify MS that I’m not Using my FW. If there are enough banked points to use for the FW requirement, why would they not use the banked points first?
That’s not how it works. Your fixed week uses the points from that year. If you don’t use them for the FW, you get them back + 10%. You can bank or borrow them, but not use them for a future FW.

That’s not how it works. Your fixed week uses the points from that year. If you don’t use them for the FW, you get them back + 10%. You can bank or borrow them, but not use them for a future FW.
How about using them for the same fixed week, just the following year ( if banked)? Part of the reason for the clarification is in the event Disney is not open in December.

I think this question is one that MS will have to answer. AFAIK, it hasn't come up on the Boards so far.

Perhaps an email would be best so that you get a written response. Will be interested to hear what you find out. Thanks.

I think this question is one that MS will have to answer. AFAIK, it hasn't come up on the Boards so far.

Perhaps an email would be best so that you get a written response. Will be interested to hear what you find out. Thanks.
I just sent the email. I will post what response I get.

In the rules for Guaranteed weeks it states that the points for that year will be applied to the reservation.
Was wondering if there would be a substitution with banked points in the event DVC is not open. I am not waiting 7 days out from checkin for Disney to cancel this.

Well I did get a response from Disney, and it is as what was previously posted. Below is the emailed reply;

Welcome Home Hope,

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in your upcoming reservation and will be happy to assist you.

If you decide to cancel your Guaranteed Week reservation, the Vacation Points will be returned to your September 2020 Use Year for you. You can bank the Vacation Points to your September 2021 Use Year. Banked Vacation Points cannot be used to book your Guaranteed Week for your 2021 Use Year. If you bank them, you can use them to book any regular reservation for any dates between September 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022. Your Guaranteed Week for your 2021 Use Year will use the Vacation Points assigned to your Guaranteed Week.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today.
Please click on the following link to complete our survey.

Hope this helps others as we navigate through the closures and cancellations.

Last edited:
In case you were not aware of this. DVC makes your booking for you prior to 11 months. If the room is still available at 11 months, you could cancel the guaranteed week, gain 10% more points ( if your week is 118 points you'll get 11 or 12 more points) then rebook the same room and get the extra points the week would still use 118 points. You could use these points to add on another day or bank to next year, do the same and have 22-24 more points to use that year. You paid a 10% premium for the guaranteed week. In 2021 points charts go up some for most seasons, but guaranteed weeks still get the week with no increase in points.

We are currently in the process of buying resale at OKW.
Does Disney just add an additional 10% on top of the price for that fixed week?
Would we get any discounts that Disney is offering once we close on our resale contract at OKW?

Would we get any discounts that Disney is offering once we close on our resale contract at OKW?
I don’t think fixed weeks are offered at OKW. Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Copper Creek and Riviera are the only DVC that have fixed weeks.

Fixed weeks are not available at OKW. They are not a part of the resort's condo association rules at inception. You cannot buy a fixed week at OKW via any means.

At resorts where fixed weeks are available, the contract between owner and DVC has to include the fixed week. When the contract is resold, the fixed week is part of it and like other resale contracts, the terms cannot be added to or changed.

The only resorts with fixed weeks are AUL, RIV, VGF, Poly and CCV. I don't believe they will direct sell a fixed week at VGF or Poly any more.

In the post, Fixed Weeks have not been eligible for the discounts. But you would need to ask your guide. Not offered for OKW anyway.

In the post, Fixed Weeks have not been eligible for the discounts. But you would need to ask your guide. Not offered for OKW anyway.

So just bought CCV and got the incentives including being able to put together a 118 and 32 point purchase to get a 150 point incentive.

No guarantee for the future but I have heard as of December RIV was getting discounts on fixed weeks then.

Like you said doesn't matter for OKW though.

In case you were not aware of this. DVC makes your booking for you prior to 11 months. If the room is still available at 11 months, you could cancel the guaranteed week, gain 10% more points ( if your week is 118 points you'll get 11 or 12 more points) then rebook the same room and get the extra points the week would still use 118 points. You could use these points to add on another day or bank to next year, do the same and have 22-24 more points to use that year. You paid a 10% premium for the guaranteed week. In 2021 points charts go up some for most seasons, but guaranteed weeks still get the week with no increase in points.
Just to add clarity, you get the number of points that you paid for that fixed week, whatever it was (you can see it as it shows the total # of points in your dashboard). That total remains constant, no matter how the point chart changes in the future. That chart is also fixed based on the GW pricing established when the resort opened.

For example, I just added on Fixed Week #47 at CCV for 118 points, which most years is Thanksgiving. This was the cost of Week 47 when the resort opened + 10% (107 points + 11 points extra), but when CCV opened, it happened to be on the occasional year that Thanksgiving falls on Week 46! The point charts have changed. In 2021, Week 47 will cost 123 points. I will not be charged any extra ever for my fixed week, even if the points chart changes. However, if I cancel my fixed week, I only get the 118 points to use, not whatever it costs to rent that week (123 in 2021). In my case, for Thanksgiving, it's a better bargain to keep the FW if I go to Disney over Thanksgiving that year.

The current incentives DID apply to my Fixed Week purchase, fyi. I actually bought two fixed weeks (47 and 48), for 336 points at $185/point (normal direct pricing is $220). I was sorely tempted to ALSO buy Fixed Week 52, as that's always New Years and sometimes Christmas, as it is only 168 points at CCV (and I did check, it is available), but my bank account said "NO!" and we decided we'd rather the two weeks back to back over Thanksgiving and beginning of Christmas.

Fixed Week 48 doesn't have the same savings -- it's also 118 points for the Studio, and the 2021 cost for that week is 110 points, so it's "costing" us 8 points more. But between the two weeks, the fixed week cost is only 3 points over the 2021 charts, and 3 weeks for guaranteeing a studio at CCV over Thanksgiving and first weekend in December without having to deal with Fall Frenzy booking stress? Yes, please. Also, I have confidence that the costs for those weeks will increase over time, and we will only ever pay 118 points each for them.

Just to add clarity, you get the number of points that you paid for that fixed week, whatever it was (you can see it as it shows the total # of points in your dashboard). That total remains constant, no matter how the point chart changes in the future. That chart is also fixed based on the GW pricing established when the resort opened.

For example, I just added on Fixed Week #47 at CCV for 118 points, which most years is Thanksgiving. This was the cost of Week 47 when the resort opened + 10% (107 points + 11 points extra), but when CCV opened, it happened to be on the occasional year that Thanksgiving falls on Week 46! The point charts have changed. In 2021, Week 47 will cost 123 points. I will not be charged any extra ever for my fixed week, even if the points chart changes. However, if I cancel my fixed week, I only get the 118 points to use, not whatever it costs to rent that week (123 in 2021). In my case, for Thanksgiving, it's a better bargain to keep the FW if I go to Disney over Thanksgiving that year.

The current incentives DID apply to my Fixed Week purchase, fyi. I actually bought two fixed weeks (47 and 48), for 336 points at $185/point (normal direct pricing is $220). I was sorely tempted to ALSO buy Fixed Week 52, as that's always New Years and sometimes Christmas, as it is only 168 points at CCV (and I did check, it is available), but my bank account said "NO!" and we decided we'd rather the two weeks back to back over Thanksgiving and beginning of Christmas.

Fixed Week 48 doesn't have the same savings -- it's also 118 points for the Studio, and the 2021 cost for that week is 110 points, so it's "costing" us 8 points more. But between the two weeks, the fixed week cost is only 3 points over the 2021 charts, and 3 weeks for guaranteeing a studio at CCV over Thanksgiving and first weekend in December without having to deal with Fall Frenzy booking stress? Yes, please. Also, I have confidence that the costs for those weeks will increase over time, and we will only ever pay 118 points each for them.

If you cancel your Fixed Week and get the 118 points, is it assigned to a Use Year? How does that work exactly? Thanks!

If you cancel your Fixed Week and get the 118 points, is it assigned to a Use Year? How does that work exactly? Thanks!
It is assigned to the use year that your fixed week falls in.

For example, I have a December Use Year. I have a fixed week for the first week of July. Last week, just before the 11 month window opened, they booked my week for me in July 2021. When, I called to cancel, they placed the points back in the December 2020 thru November 2021 use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter