Question For Fixed Week Owners

Well I did get a response from Disney, and it is as what was previously posted. Below is the emailed reply;

Welcome Home Hope,

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in your upcoming reservation and will be happy to assist you.

If you decide to cancel your Guaranteed Week reservation, the Vacation Points will be returned to your September 2020 Use Year for you. You can bank the Vacation Points to your September 2021 Use Year. Banked Vacation Points cannot be used to book your Guaranteed Week for your 2021 Use Year. If you bank them, you can use them to book any regular reservation for any dates between September 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022. Your Guaranteed Week for your 2021 Use Year will use the Vacation Points assigned to your Guaranteed Week.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today.
Please click on the following link to complete our survey.

Hope this helps others as we navigate through the closures and cancellations.
But what you can do is to book the same thing using those returned points once banked then once you have what you need, cancel the 2021 fixed week. IMO this is one of the best ways to take advantage of the fixed week options and still get use of the extra 10% points when you're successful doing so.

If you cancel your Fixed Week and get the 118 points, is it assigned to a Use Year? How does that work exactly? Thanks!
Yes you are assigned a UY that you already have unless this is a new membership. Then you would choose an available UY. Your UY does not have to be the same month as your fixed week.

But what you can do is to book the same thing using those returned points once banked then once you have what you need, cancel the 2021 fixed week. IMO this is one of the best ways to take advantage of the fixed week options and still get use of the extra 10% points when you're successful doing so.
True, assuming there is availability. My week is during a very hard to get reservation ( second week of December). Is why I chose a fixed week to begin with. No guarantees otherwise.

True, assuming there is availability. My week is during a very hard to get reservation ( second week of December). Is why I chose a fixed week to begin with. No guarantees otherwise.
Certainly but you can also waitlist it.

That is certainly true, though in some cases changing point charts make it so that your fixed week now costs less than the current costs. That's the case for me for Week 47 (Thanksgiving week) in 2021 at a CCV Studio. The week cost me 118 points to purchase (in 2020), but that week is 123 points in 2021.

That is certainly true, though in some cases changing point charts make it so that your fixed week now costs less than the current costs. That's the case for me for Week 47 (Thanksgiving week) in 2021 at a CCV Studio. The week cost me 118 points to purchase (in 2020), but that week is 123 points in 2021.
With the old chart the same dates were 10% less consistently, this was the way the points were set up for a fixed week and why you get 10% extra points if you opt out of the fixed week. Effectively you're paying a 10% penalty for the fixed weeks And often giving other discounts as well as the option to have split contracts. With the reallocation this will be different, more for some and less for others than the 10%.

With the old chart the same dates were 10% less consistently, this was the way the points were set up for a fixed week and why you get 10% extra points if you opt out of the fixed week. Effectively you're paying a 10% penalty for the fixed weeks And often giving other discounts as well as the option to have split contracts. With the reallocation this will be different, more for some and less for others than the 10%.
Yes, correct!

Right now incentives/discounts apply to fixed weeks. It’s one of the reasons I picked up a FW - I wouldn’t be paying the full 10% penalty anymore due to changing point charts AND I wanted to ensure a reservation during hard to get period (weeks 47 & 48). For which 48, it cost 118 points but is only 110 in 2021, so yes I could get 8 points back if I cancelled and rebooked on my own, but given the popularity of that week I’m grateful to not have to try to walk it or beat the 11 month rush to get it.

I just wanted to make sure that it was understood that you get back whatever your fixed week cost and that when point charts change, it may not be 10% beyond the current cost of the week. I will always get 118 back for those two weeks, whether they cost 123 points or 110 or even 90 or 150 in the future. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter