Question for folks using "free" dining ~ Regarding Signature restaurants

DeterminedOne

DIS Veteran
Just curious ... Will you be using any credits toward a signature (2 credit) restaurant? What restaurant, when and why? Thanks for your replies. :wave:

DeterminedOne said:
Just curious ... Will you be using any credits toward a signature (2 credit) restaurant? What restaurant, when and why? Thanks for your replies. :wave:
Yes on three days at Calfiornia Grill Jiko and Narcoossee's. I intend to go to Busch Gardens,Seaworld and a day shopping use the cs credits for supper and the ts for signature resteraunts.

I am planning on using Brown Derby one day for fantasmic package on dinning plan. Cause we have an extra TS, CS and snack credit to use because we wont be arriving at our hotel till after 12am on the 17th because on the 16th our flight arrives at 11pm on the 16th and since that counts as a night we still get DDP for that night.

Well we are doing the Hoop Dee Doo (again) after just doing it in December. My three boys (6, 10 and 35) INSIST on it and my niece is going with us this time and she has never seen it.

The 10TS credits I had to check off for that did make me cringe a bit.

I am really also considering Hollywood Brown Derby as well. Not sure yet.

WDWO

I would really like to try Cali Grill and Brown Derby but I just dont know whether its worth 2 days dinners for. :confused3

Yes, DH and I will be going to California Grill when my Mother takes our kids for a night during our trip. We had planned to do this when we were going without the dining package, so now with free dining we still are.

We're using 2 credits for Brown Derby fantasmic package. We have 2 breakfast buffets we'll be paying oop for since they're only about $20 for my Dh and myself and $12 for my DD. It frees up some of our CS meals for better dinners.

I've always wanted to try Brown Derby so we don't mind using 2 credits for it. We ate at California Grill on the last visit to Disney and loved it but we wanted to eat in places we had never been before.

nope...but i'm willing to give up 2 TS credits for HOOP DEE DOO again..ROFL :lmao: :lmao:

We found last time that one signiture meal doesn't stretch the credits too thin. We were able to stretch the counters to fill the gap because it was a lot of food. I would suggest if you've never been to the CA Grill for wishes, you try it.
Get a ressie about an hour and a half to two hours before and ask for the window seat. Only one section has a really good view of the fireworks so most likely, you'll be out on the deck to watch em. They asked us if it was our first visit. When we told em it was, they gave us one near the window and we didn't even have to ask. It wasn't right next to the window, but it was right next to those and was a really good view. I had Veal Tournedos which was really good. I do not suggest the Salmon. You can get that anywhere these days.
This time, however, we don't have any signitures planned. We might go to Citricos and change those plans but there is a rumored chef switch and we'd like to see what it settles down to be first.

We're using 2 credits a piece for Hoop Dee Doo. We've never done it before, so I'm really excited about it.

No, we didn't feel it was the best value so we're paying out of pocket at Jiko. Thankfully will be dining with a CM so we'll also get a break on that. Works out better for us financially =)

We're gonna do 2 TS for an 8pm seating at California Grill...so we can see Wishes at 9pm. It will be our anniversary, so I think it will be well worth it.

I'm just gonna eat counter service our first night in WDW.

I am going to use 2 credits for a meal at Artist's Point. I have wanted to eat there for years now, but have never been able to work it into my plans or my budget. Well this is the trip and I'm really excited about it!

Melissa

Artists point. We are doing CG as well, but it is in the last few days when we will be staying at a delux, so not on the dinning plan and wil use the DDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter